* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

Rodgers starting where he left off and Randall Cobb looking real nice...good to see

Cutler only played one series? From the game highlights looked like he was constantly under pressure. Happy with the Lions performance yesterday. Stafford looked nice, still need to work on the run game but the offense is looking like it can be a definite force this year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Suh gave that daywalker the Jake Delhomme treatment, welcome to the league rookie!

Shut the %%!+ up. He's a dirty *$*%%$$ bastard and you would be screaming bloody murder if Suh were on the Vikings/Packers/Bears doing that to Stafford.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Bears had to be reminded what the rules are huh? Kicking off from the 30... Twice.

No they choose to do that to see who could cover instead of just kicking it out the back of the end zone or deep into it and seeing them take a knee It's a smart move to me.
eek.gif
can't remember the last time I seen jpz mad but he is right, dude not gone be happy until he break somebody neck which he could have done there.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Suh gave that daywalker the Jake Delhomme treatment, welcome to the league rookie!

Shut the %%!+ up. He's a dirty *$*%%$$ bastard and you would be screaming bloody murder if Suh were on the Vikings/Packers/Bears doing that to Stafford.
Eh maybe your right.  But guess what, he isn't on the opposing team, he is out there giving that effort for the team I go for, except for that play and the one last year on Delhomme how can you claim he is dirty?  Dude goes out there and gives it 100% each play.  I think he needs to be more alert in that situation, I am not for seeing players get hurt, but nobody did thankfully.  I am sure if you had him on your team you would be willing to overlook a couple bad plays in pre season for the production that is created in the regular season.

Suh is giving himself a rep for these hits. I dont mind it but he will get penalties like the Cutler one last year that arent warranted but his actions have caused refs to look at him as "dirty".

Kid is an animal and I would take him over any DT not named Ngata

Lorenzo Booker looked really good yesterday. Despite his fumble, he was showing his versatility and really chopping up that grass.

Watching the replay of the Bills/Bears game and saw Cutler's interview. Said something like, "in this offense, you need to have great footwork."

What he really meant was "with this offensive line I have to be quick on my feet because the D-line is in my face really quick."

I am almost convinced it also has to do with Marz' system. When he was in Detroit our qb's were getting sacked just as much as Cutler. idk if it is his routes he draws up take a while to develop or what but I think his system is somewhat to blame.

He does ask the QB's to do a lot of 7-step drops and because of that the play designs take longer to develop. So, I'm sure it does play a part, but last year I thought he got rid of a lot those plays in favor of faster developing plays (more 3 and 5-step).

They should be running a lot more rollouts and boot type plays anyway, Cutler is the best in the league at that. So dangerous.

Offensive line was pretty darn bad though, and I don't think they got any better.

Yeah I do agree, I think that almost might be a reason Cutler only played 1 series. Every down the pocked was breaking down.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Watching the replay of the Bills/Bears game and saw Cutler's interview. Said something like, "in this offense, you need to have great footwork."

What he really meant was "with this offensive line I have to be quick on my feet because the D-line is in my face really quick."
I was never really sold on the Martz hire. His scheme mainly revolved around deep passes and neglecting the run game, which is ironic considering we are terrible at the deep pass and we have a solid RB with Forte. It took him 9 weeks to get his head out of his #+% and fortunately for us he started using more balance in his play calling. Our OL is probably the absolute worst in the league and it just baffles me that it remains largely unchanged. I don't understand what it takes to realize that this group of players are absolute !*@$. I mean yeah, Tice was able to get them to play better as the season went along, but we can't be doing this musical chairs crap every time a new season starts.

Vikings got this. Bears got older, Packers caught breaks last year, and the Lions are too young still...

AP gets MVP and Vikings win North 10-6

Packers 9-7
Lions 9-7
Bears 6-10

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

roll.gif
roll.gif
Packers caught breaks last year???? OK.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funniest post yet.

every time ya'll played Favre was a break, McNabb is a formidable upgrade

Originally Posted by RetroSan

roll.gif
roll.gif
Packers caught breaks last year???? OK.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funniest post yet.

every time ya'll played Favre was a break, McNabb is a formidable upgrade
Umm? You're telling me that GB along with 12 other teams caught the same "break" by playing the Vikings w/ Favre last year?  Ok...

What other major breaks did the Packers catch last year? Starting RB, TE, SS, OLB, MLB, RT all getting injured before the Bye week? Those are some pretty big breaks youre right!
laugh.gif

If anyone caught breaks last year it was the Bears, but we've been over that topic 6 months ago so it doesn't need to be discussed further.

Is McNabb a formidable upgrade over Vick? Because the Packers beat him 1.5 times. (Would say 2 but I know how upset you would get since Clay had to TKO Kolb out of the game before we got to Mike anyways..)

Point is the Packers will at the LEAST split the series with the Vikings.  And at this point that would be considered a huge disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom