2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

^ yeap....I hate the Raiders but this bad rut of seasons doesn't diminish their history and comparing them to the Bengals is a joke unless ur basing it off the past few years

I agree with most of your post except this :

Patriots? Seriously?
The patriots were not relevant till Brady and Belicheat showed up. They have no history despite what Connecticut ESPN says. There is patriots BBB (before brady belicheat) and ABB. Sure the ABB Patriots are good  but they will become the Bills and Braves in a couple years.
That's called being Salty.
laugh.gif

Team nicknames
"The Pats"
Championships
League championships (3)
Super Bowl Championships (3)
2001 (XXXVI), 2003 (XXXVIII), 2004 (XXXIX)

Conference championships (6)
AFC: 1985, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007

My point is, who cares when it happened, they've had equal success and that's all that matters. 

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I agree with most of your post except this :

Patriots? Seriously?
The patriots were not relevant till Brady and Belicheat showed up. They have no history despite what Connecticut ESPN says. There is patriots BBB (before brady belicheat) and ABB. Sure the ABB Patriots are good  but they will become the Bills and Braves in a couple years.
That's called being Salty.
laugh.gif

I guess a bit of saltiness for this

tuck_rule_feature.jpg
brady-woodson-tuck-rule-vinatieri.jpg

which led to this

super-bowl-XXXVI-vinatieri-brady1.jpg

Honestly, why bother...let these clowns talk their +%%+ while they root for their atrocious teams. Did anyone see Minnesota last year? You better pray to your Lord and Savior AP resigns.

And the Seahawks???????? First team to EVER make the playoffs with a losing record. This is the team you represent and choose to pop off? Sign T-jax and now you got the nerve to talk
down on another franchise?

Well, I guess he did throw the game winning touchdown.

^ Is that towards me?
laugh.gif

I'm not even in this argument. I only updated the title of the thread because these were the things being talked about the most on the last few pages.

Also, it is no stretch that in the past few years, two of worse ran franchise are in fact the Raiders and Bengals.

I enjoy the debates though.

In the last 8 seasons the Raiders have the second worst record in the NFL behind the Lions. I see no problem if dudes give the team a little flack, not every sports argument or comparison means we have to stretch things back 50 years to compare titles.

I agree though, "joke of a franchise" is a bit much 
laugh.gif
and if i was a Raider fan I would put up a fight. But for many seasons now they have been a joke and that's going to get dudes riled up. Beauty of the NFL is that can change right now!

How can you talk about these two being the worst franchise when the Lions have been even more pathetic the past decade?

You're right, but no one was mentioning the Lions.

It still seems that even though the Lions haven't won anything they're in the right direction.

We should be able to say the same for Oakland, but something always seems to destroy them..Namely, Al Davis.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

8-8 and undefeated in the division last year is far from laughingstock.
Truth is there is only hate (when we are losing) and even more hate (when we are winning) for the Raiders...its just the way it is.

No one cared about Madden when Al hired him (they laughed at the hiring of such a young unknown coach) and look the man has his own video franchise now.

People laughed when Al drafted BO and let Bo play baseball until October. Bo was an awesome Raider.

People thought Al was dumb for choosing another unknown coach (Gruden )and now everyone wants him as their coach and he's more popular than ever.

People said Nnamdi was a bust especially since we took the small corner in the first round. Nnamdi proved his worth and still got no love as a Raider. Now as an Eagle the ESPN heads on 1st and 10 said he is the best corner in the league. Colinsworth called him the franchise the other day...yet no love when he was a Raider.

Just the other day i heard talking heads and Cowboy fans say Rob Ryan was a defensive genius like his brother and would turn them around ...yet when he had us second in total defense in 2006 they said nothing about him and called him the biker looking raider coach.

And Al never gets his due...read all the things he's done to improve the game.
The man has drafted over 15 hall of famers with atleast three more to come (Charles Woodson, Nnamdi , and Tim Brown)

People only write the bad things about the Raiders but never the good things. Oh well thats the Raider way i guess
tongue.gif

^ You leave out a lot of colossal mistakes though.

And yeah, he's drafted three guys that all will be hall of famers, but he also has been in that same position, drafting guys/part GM for 41 years. It would be a damn travesty if in 41 years you couldn't hit on three guys that end up being the best at their positions. I'm really not all that impressed with that.

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

People said Nnamdi was a bust especially since we took the small corner in the first round. Nnamdi proved his worth and still got no love as a Raider. Now as an Eagle the ESPN heads on 1st and 10 said he is the best corner in the league. Colinsworth called him the franchise the other day...yet no love when he was a Raider.

Huh? He was considered the best corner in the league while he was still on the Raiders. He got all kinds of publicity as the best shutdown corner prior to Revis. 

I'm sort of wondering why nobody has said anything about the Panthers owner tellin a grown man no tattoos and keep his hair short. 
nerd.gif

Clearly Richardson won't be buying the Denver Nuggets any time soon. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm sort of wondering why nobody has said anything about the Panthers owner tellin a grown man no tattoos and keep his hair short. 
nerd.gif

Who did he tell that to?

Since the Raiders/Bengals discussion is still going on, I think if you just asked somebody whether they'd be a Raider or a Bengal, they would
say a Bengal because the Raiders HAVE been irrelevant since 02/03. No one is blind to the championships they had, and no one is blind to the
history of the Bengals past struggles. But when you say Raiders, people immediately get the stoneface, and people aren't really thinking about
that tough black and silver, how they tied into NWA, or those 70s and late 80s Raiders teams. The Black hole today doesn't strike fear in anybody,
it's been looked at as an abyss and a joke.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif

Who did he tell that to?

I forgot about that, but he told that to Cam Newton. And that's pretty funny cause Jeremy Shockey, well, has his fair share of tattoos.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Since the Raiders/Bengals discussion is still going on, I think if you just asked somebody whether they'd be a Raider or a Bengal, they would
say a Bengal because the Raiders HAVE been irrelevant since 02/03. No one is blind to the championships they had, and no one is blind to the
history of the Bengals past struggles. But when you say Raiders, people immediately get the stoneface, and people aren't really thinking about
that tough black and silver, how they tied into NWA, or those 70s and late 80s Raiders teams. The Black hole today doesn't strike fear in anybody,
it's been looked at as an abyss and a joke.
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

DaComeUP wrote:

CP1708 wrote:

nerd.gif

Who did he tell that to?

I forgot about that, but he told that to Cam Newton. And that's pretty funny cause Jeremy Shockey, well, has his fair share of tattoos.

Yeah, and Jeremy Shockey is nowhere near the face of the Panthers franchise.

Back
Top Bottom