2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

eek.gif
grin.gif
If CJ ends up getting traded.

On the Raiders topic, why did they fire thier coach after such a respectable (successful compared to recent results) season? I was kinda out of the sports info loop when the whole Tom cable firing went down. You beat everyone in the division then get the pink slip? Why? Maybe some of you raiders fans could shed some light.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Peep Game

DaComeUP wrote:

Yeah, and Jeremy Shockey is nowhere near the face of the Panthers franchise.
Very true, but you have to wonder a bit if in the 15 years of that franchise, did he ask anyone else the same if he thought they were the face of the franchise. 

I like Tyrod Taylor as an NFL quarterback. I'm interested to see where he might end up so we can see him get a chance.

Apparently teams are super mad about Larry's huge contract... Opening up the floodgates for these "playmakers".

AG 47 wrote:

Peep Game wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

Yeah, and Jeremy Shockey is nowhere near the face of the Panthers franchise.
Very true, but you have to wonder a bit if in the 15 years of that franchise, did he ask anyone else the same if he thought they were the face of the franchise. 

Definitely. I can't imagine he ever said that to Jake Delhomme. Or Jimmy Clausen last year for that matter. You think he said it to DeAngelo when he signed that contract?

I like Beck. Very good responses to the questions. I hope he gets his shot and does well.

And no Beck, you didn't give the same answer to the question who will start?

Grossman: "I don't know."
Beck: "Gut feeling says it's me."

Grossman knows the ball is being handed to Beck.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Apparently teams are super mad about Larry's huge contract... Opening up the floodgates for these "playmakers".

Can you blame em lol.

Since the Raiders/Bengals discussion is still going on, I think if you just asked somebody whether they'd be a Raider or a Bengal, they would
say a Bengal because the Raiders HAVE been irrelevant since 02/03. No one is blind to the championships they had, and no one is blind to the
history of the Bengals past struggles. But when you say Raiders, people immediately get the stoneface, and people aren't really thinking about
that tough black and silver
, how they tied into NWA, or those 70s and late 80s Raiders teams. The Black hole today doesn't strike fear in anybody,
it's been looked at as an abyss and a joke.
nwa-737863_display_image.jpg

53817_o.gif
sweetchinmusicani.gif

Originally Posted by renegade34474

On the Raiders topic, why did they fire thier coach after such a respectable (successful compared to recent results) season? I was kinda out of the sports info loop when the whole Tom cable firing went down. You beat everyone in the division then get the pink slip? Why? Maybe some of you raiders fans could shed some light.
Al Davis said in a press conference he canned him because he didnt have a committment to excellece.Cable told the players after they swept the division and went 8-8 that they were not losers any more. That pissed Al Davis off and he said only losers made statements like that. The goal was and is to be the best.

I love Al
laugh.gif

Eagles O-line looks like crap. It doesn't matter that it's preseason when it comes to a lack of execution.

I will agree with Schlereth on this one. Vick won't last long if the line plays like that.

if teams are mad at Fitzgerald contract, dont pay the players asking for a similar deal. simple solution.

-Beck is GARBAGE.

-Cam better get that footwork down before year 2.

-the cure for eagles O-Line, Run the ball more than 25 times/game

Originally Posted by Statis22

Can you blame em lol.

Not at all... Its the Cards fault though, they handcuffed themselves with letting him have a no franchise tag clause in his contract.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Al Davis said in a press conference he canned him because he didnt have a committment to excellece.Cable told the players after they swept the division and went 8-8 that they were not losers any more. That pissed Al Davis off and he said only losers made statements like that. The goal was and is to be the best.

I love Al
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Can you blame em lol.

Not at all... Its the Cards fault though, they handcuffed themselves with letting him have a no franchise tag clause in his contract.
Larry Fitz is the Arizona Cardinals franchise player and main man.
They did what they thought was right... Teams shouldn't be mad at that. 

Back
Top Bottom