2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Law3001

Players go to Oakland to get paid, get high, party, trick Al Davis to giving them money they don't deserve and then leave to revive their career somewhere else.

Also Oakland is where the Pats pick up their yearly first round picks....

Yearly first round picks huh?

You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Raiders fans quick to get butt hurt, its all jokes kiddo
laugh.gif

Funny you pick that out all the stuff people say about your joke of a franchise

Um...you sure about that? Oakland always finds a way to give the Pats either a 1st round pick, or something else compatible in exchange for a turkey sandwich.

See thats what I SHOULD have said. Either way Raiders and Bengels are the worst cesspools in the league.

Ok..That's it. How are dweebs able to write articles saying Tebow should be penciled in at #4 on the depth chart?

Not only that, but Hoge can put a sock or a @#*@ in it. Shutup!

We all saw a pretty good Tebow to end the year last year right? Nobody's making that up. Yes, there are such things as gamers. Practice is what it is for the majority of players in professional sports, but to spew so much negativity regarding Tebow, at this point is stupid. Let him play!

Haters. Point blank. He has done nothing in real game time to dispell the fact that he can succed in the NFL as a QB. Not saying he's all world, or even has a lasting career, but the reasoning behind the negativity is beyond me. Mechanics are a small piece to the Tebow picture. Closed minds are ignorant souls.

smile.gif

I think Tebow could be the Rondo of the NFL. In Rondo's case he probably looks absolutely terrible if you were to put him through a bunch of shooting drills, but then at the end of practice when it's time for 5 on 5 dude is out there busting !++.

i still say its to early to name tebow to Rondo(gamer). i think you have to see him play a whole season. i mean kevin Kolb threw 2 200 yard games and look at the hype he got, and the jury is still out on him. 

Rob Johnson from back in the day that played with Jacksonville, he played four games and threw for 300 yard in 3 of the 4 games he started, while Mark Burnell was out. Then traded to Buffalo for big cash and f'n sucked.

real talk one of the most underrated stories in the nfl is matt cassell. dude started his last year in hs, didnt start one game in college and is now a pro bowler.
laugh.gif

his story and todd haley story gets me everytime.

Tebow 4th string now? Hahaha, Denver really screwed up by drafting him first round. NO WAY would I have done that, i thought 5th round was the earliest he would have gone

Jags should have drafted Tebow Christ...stupid Josh McDaniels for putting him in this situation.

Denver deserves all the criticism they are getting (even though obviously this is a new staff in place). Not only are you drafting a project in the FIRST round, you also gave up (wait for it) a second, third, and fourth round pick to move up to do so. These dudes all top themselves fawning over Tebow whether it be the media or even teams themselves. Josh McDaniels should have been fired on the spot the day of the draft and immediately hired by ESPN.

Personally I can't hate the guy but what's pathetic is the way he's been covered for the last four years +. It gets old. Every day. Here we are now into his second year and he's barely a back up QB and it's still we have to hear everything about him literally every single day. Peyton Manning (for example) is struggling to make it to opening week and it's barely a blip on the national scene yet Tebow vs. Orton is considered Ali vs. Frazier and when that runs cold it's now Tebow being compared to every other QB whenever they come up (Newton and Pryor being two examples we've already seen). We like to hear and read about the NFL and storylines yet we're force fed Tim Tebow instead. It's almost laughable.

You wonder why the public has such strong opinions on the kid.

Originally Posted by Put em up

i still say its to early to name tebow to Rondo(gamer). i think you have to see him play a whole season. i mean kevin Kolb threw 2 200 yard games and look at the hype he got, and the jury is still out on him. 

Rob Johnson from back in the day that played with Jacksonville, he played four games and threw for 300 yard in 3 of the 4 games he started, while Mark Burnell was out. Then traded to Buffalo for big cash and f'n sucked.

real talk one of the most underrated stories in the nfl is matt cassell. dude started his last year in hs, didnt start one game in college and is now a pro bowler.
laugh.gif

his story and todd haley story gets me everytime.

he started as a RB against Cal 
laugh.gif
 (his only start)

Cincinnati's been in the playoffs twice in the past 5-6 years. Oakland, has been the place to rot and die. Word to Randy Moss.

Last 6 years Oakland is worse, go farther than that it swings to Cincinnati (farther and farther the more you go back)

Looks like Ocho will get the chance to put his money where his mouth is.

Mason Foster fined $20,000. 
indifferent.gif

They are KILLING Tebow right now. This is probably the only time I've agreed with Skip Bayless in relation to what
everybody else has said about Tebow. He has MADE NFL passes, what is the problem???

Boomer:
"He can't play. He can't throw," Esiason said at a CBS press event in New York on Tuesday. "I'm not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he's not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he's God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his game is going to translate to the NFL."

Tebow's throwing mechanics are so poor, Esiason says, he wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos cut him loose. "What (former Broncos coach) Josh McDaniel saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don't," Esiason said.

Game analyst Steve Beuerlein, a 17-year NFL veteran, called two Tebow games last season for CBS. After watching him in person, his opinion improved. But he still doesn't think Tebow has what it takes to be a starter in the league.

"I'd say he's closer to third-teamer than a first-teamer," Beuerlein said.

But CBS game analyst Randy Cross thinks critics, particularly a hostile news media, are hating on Tebow for wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve. Despite all of the doom and gloom, the three-time Super Bowl champion says "there's a place in the league" for Tebow.

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Boomer:
"He can't play. He can't throw," Esiason said at a CBS press event in New York on Tuesday.
"I'm not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college
football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time.
But he's not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he's
God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the
team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his
game is going to translate to the NFL."

Tebow's throwing mechanics are so poor, Esiason says, he wouldn't be
surprised if the Broncos cut him loose. "What (former Broncos coach)
Josh McDaniel saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because
the rest of us don't
," Esiason said.

Game analyst Steve Beuerlein,
a 17-year NFL veteran, called two Tebow games last season for CBS.
After watching him in person, his opinion improved. But he still doesn't
think Tebow has what it takes to be a starter in the league.

"I'd say he's closer to third-teamer than a first-teamer," Beuerlein said.

But CBS game analyst Randy Cross
thinks critics, particularly a hostile news media, are hating on Tebow
for wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve. Despite all of the doom
and gloom, the three-time Super Bowl champion says "there's a place in the league" for Tebow.

roll.gif

roll.gif

images

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I would love to see a lot of these guys eat crow.

Ditto. I dont understand all the hate? When he played last year he played better than I expected him to

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Players go to Oakland to get paid, get high, party, trick Al Davis to giving them money they don't deserve and then leave to revive their career somewhere else.

Also Oakland is where the Pats pick up their yearly first round picks....

Yearly first round picks huh?

You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Raiders fans quick to get butt hurt, its all jokes kiddo
laugh.gif

Funny you pick that out all the stuff people say about your joke of a franchise

Um...you sure about that? Oakland always finds a way to give the Pats either a 1st round pick, or something else compatible in exchange for a turkey sandwich.

See thats what I SHOULD have said. Either way Raiders and Bengels are the worst cesspools in the league.

104631781_crop_650x440.jpg

Wow are you guys serious?

This isnt even worth replying to...but i will
happy.gif
. Obviously you raider haters are ten years old...So 2001 is a life time ago for you children.

Bengals? Seriously?
Bengals have 0 Superbowls...Raiders 3 (championship appearances in every decade).

Seahawks? Seriously?
Seahawks have 0 Superbowls...Raiders 3 (championship appearances in every decade).

Patriots? Seriously?
The patriots were not relevant till Brady and Belicheat showed up. They have no history despite what Connecticut ESPN says. There is patriots BBB (before brady belicheat) and ABB. Sure the ABB Patriots are good  but they will become the Bills and Braves in a couple years.

Vikings? Seriously?
Vikings have 0 Superbowls...Raiders 3 (championship appearances in every decade).

with that said i leave you with this

Oakland%20Raiders%20Team%20of%20The%20Decades.jpg

Team nicknames
The Silver and Black, The Team of the Decades, The World's Team

Championships
League championships (3†)
AFL Championships (1)
1967 (VIII)
Super Bowl Championships (3)
1976 (XI), 1980 (XV), 1983 (XVIII)

Conference championships (4)
AFC: 1976, 1980, 1983, 2002

Division championships (15)
AFL West: 1967, 1968, 1969
AFC West: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1983, 1985, 1990, 2000, 2001, 2002
† - Does not include the AFL or NFL Championships won during the same seasons as the AFL-NFL Super Bowl Championships prior to the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger

Playoff appearances (21)
AFL: 1967, 1968, 1969
NFL: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001, 2002

Back
Top Bottom