2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Collins, he'll be lucky to still be upright after the 5th or 6th game.

So true
laugh.gif
He doesn't move for anything in the pocket.
laugh.gif

Peyton out for the opener... The streak comes to an end.
eek.gif

WhatDoYouLiveUnderARock-300x200.png

Damn
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I knew he was going to be out though as soon as I heard it was a neck injury... Still
eek.gif
though considering he was well over 200+ starts.
nerd.gif

Now that I got a taste I'm too excited for week 1. It can't come soon enough.

This
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Collins is a statue in the pocket, and will bust under pressure. so glad he's not on my team no more.
laugh.gif

Yes, because a quarterback who injures himself running in the open field is much better.
laugh.gif

I'd post the video if I could find it...Hasselbeck is brittle. I like the guy, but he won't make it to week 5.

ay, leave VY out of this. he's not on the team no more
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Hass has a better line right now than what he had in seattle, we'll see how it works. 

Just some stuff Matt Hasselbeck, Lance Briggs, and a couple Chargers players plan on wearing on Sunday.
They are all anticipating the fines but don't really care.

nfl_players_may_be_fined_for_wearing_unauthorized_tribute_gear.jpg
"/">

"/">

"/">

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Just some stuff Matt Hasselbeck, Lance Briggs, and a couple Chargers players plan on wearing on Sunday.
They are all anticipating the fines but don't really care.

"/">

"/">

"/">

Reebok saying F U NFL this our last year we going out with a splash
if they do fine players for wearing this gear they should be ready for bashlash because IMO its stupid & greedy

Granted they're the Browns, but I just read they are working w. Peyton Hillis on an extension. If I'm Arian Foster, I'm
30t6p3b.gif
at this. Hillis, for all we know, could be a 1-year wonder (like Foster)....but the Browns of all teams are showing their faith and trying to get him some big $$. The Texans have said they are going to wait for a bit before trying to extend Foster JUST to make sure that their money is going to be well spent. It's a Catch-22, but damn....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Granted they're the Browns, but I just read they are working w. Peyton Hillis on an extension. If I'm Arian Foster, I'm
30t6p3b.gif
at this. Hillis, for all we know, could be a 1-year wonder (like Foster)....but the Browns of all teams are showing their faith and trying to get him some big $$. The Texans have said they are going to wait for a bit before trying to extend Foster JUST to make sure that their money is going to be well spent. It's a Catch-22, but damn....

that bs cover gettin him $$$
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

One thing about the Texans organization, they (or Bob McNair) do NOT like spending money. Another thing, They drafted Ben Tate specifically to be the starter, so Foster's success was
a bit of a blindside, on top of Tate breaking his ankle. So now they basically have a squad of RBs, and if it came to it, they wouldn't bat an eye at letting Foster go (like Dunta Robinson
and Vonta Leach). But yea, they definitely want to make sure it is money well spent, cause with the scheme they run, any one of us could go for 1000yds too.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Wait..I was talking about Hasselback in my first sentence too.
laugh.gif

Can't tell if there's sarcasm.
if Hass lays on his back again, Locker should be fine. He looked good in pre-season
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
I have no problem w/ the Browns working on an extension w/ Hillis.

He's the ultimate fan favorite in CLE and the perfect kind of back for the AFCN.

Get your money Peyton.
pimp.gif

at least saints have a doable next 4 (should be 3-1.. or 2-2 at least):

bears, texans, jaquars and panthers

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Saw this today...another interesting look to see how the NFL passing game (and rules) have evolved....

Average NFL team yearly passing statistics

1960 - 159 Cmp, 316 Att, 50.2 %, 2,048 Yds, 17.0 TD, 21.1 Int, 61.0 Rtg (12 games)
1970 - 193 Cmp, 377 Att, 51.1 %, 2,259 Yds, 16.4 TD, 19.6 Int, 62.5 Rtg (14 games)
1980 - 275 Cmp, 490 Att, 56.2 %, 3,135 Yds, 21.6 TD, 22.4 Int, 71.3 Rtg
1990 - 270 Cmp, 483 Att, 56.0 %, 3,116 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 75.0 Rtg
2000 - 306 Cmp, 527 Att, 58.2 %, 3,310 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 76.3 Rtg
2010 - 327 Cmp, 540 Att, 60.8 %, 3,545 Yds, 23.5 TD, 16.0 Int, 82.2 Rtg

I would give anything to see Marino play in today's era vs when he did in the 80's/90's.  His numbers would be Gretzkyesque for all time. 
laugh.gif
I'd like to see it just for the gif potential.

Dude blowing up at his receivers in the Twitter era would put Brian Kelly to shame.

[h1]Justin Tuck has stiff neck, Giants DE not 'panicked' but is 'concerned' about status for opener[/h1]
BY Ralph Vacchiano
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Originally Published:Thursday, September 8th 2011, 3:36 PM
Updated: Friday, September 9th 2011, 2:06 AM

alg_justin_tuck.jpg

Kevin Hagen for News
Justin Tuck says he's played through more pain than what he's experiencing now, but warns 'it's kind of eerie when you're talking about your neck.'

All summer long, Justin Tuck was forced to be the spokesman for his battered defense, and every time he was asked about another injured teammate, he insisted the Giants would survive.

Now the rest of the defense may have to learn to survive without him.

Tuck, the Giants' defensive captain, isn't quite ready to rule himself out of the season opener yet, but he also couldn't guarantee that he'll be ready to play in Washington on Sunday because of his injured neck. And after Tuck was unable to practice Thursday due to the neck pain that has lingered since he suffered a stinger against the Jets on Aug. 29, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said it would be "a bonus" if Tuck actually plays.

As ominous as that sounds, Tuck - who usually makes jokes about his injuries - said he doesn't believe this one is serious. But he added, "It's kind of eerie when you're talking about your neck."

"I'm concerned," Tuck said. "But I'm not panicked."

Maybe he's not, but a lot of other people surely are considering the unbelievable number of Giants injuries this season. If Tuck is out, the Giants will be without both their starting defensive ends in Washington (Osi Umenyiora is out following knee surgery), plus their starting middle linebacker (Jonathan Goff, knee) and cornerback (Terrell Thomas, knee), who are both out for the season.

Add in the losses of five key reserves, including their top two draft picks, and it's no wonder Fewell was already downsizing his expectations.

"If I had all those guys, we think that we could have been a really, really, great defense," Fewell said. "But I still think we can be a good defense though."

That may depend on what happens with Tuck, who tied with Umenyiora for the team lead with 111/2 sacks last season. He said Thursday he felt "decent" but admitted the improvement hasn't been "as fast as we want it to be." He had an MRI that revealed no damage to the disks in his neck, which he said means it's "nowhere near" the neck problem that just forced Colts quarterback Peyton Manning to have his third surgery in the last 19 months.

Tuck said he didn't think it was as serious as the herniated disk that forced teammate Mathias Kiwanuka to miss the final 13 games of last season, either. But he admitted "I don't know. You never know."

"We're just making sure we've crossed all our T's and dotted all our I's," Tuck said. "When I played against Tampa Bay with a torn labrum (in my shoulder in 2009) I knew I had to have surgery later in the year. It was just 'Whatever. Just shoot it up and take away the pain.' This is a little different."

Not surprisingly, Kiwanuka was preaching caution Thursday, even though that could mean Dave Tollefson and Jason Pierre-Paul would be the Giants' opening-day ends.

"Anytime somebody has a neck injury they have to err on the side of caution," Kiwanuka said. "That's what I'm preaching because that pretty much saved my career. You can't fight through a neck injury. You can fight through a lot of things, but a neck injury is not one of them."

Tuck, who was limited in practice on Wednesday before sitting out Thursday, seemed to be leaning that way, too. After attempting to calm nerves by saying he felt no pain down his arm or shoulder and that it was just "a regular stinger" like many he's had before, he was asked if he would guarantee that he'd play on Sunday.

Tuck's answer was, "Definitely not."

"We're going to do what's best," Tuck said. "I don't want to go out there and lose the season off of just one game, but if I'm ready to play I'm definitely going to strap it up and play."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...is_concerned_about_status_.html#ixzz1XVccNL00

Originally Posted by Peep Game

30t6p3b.gif

One thing about the Texans organization, they (or Bob McNair) do NOT like spending money. Another thing, They drafted Ben Tate specifically to be the starter, so Foster's success was
a bit of a blindside, on top of Tate breaking his ankle. So now they basically have a squad of RBs, and if it came to it, they wouldn't bat an eye at letting Foster go (like Dunta Robinson
and Vonta Leach). But yea, they definitely want to make sure it is money well spent, cause with the scheme they run, any one of us could go for 1000yds too.

But the Texans do spend money though.

^^^Besides Andre & Schaub, this year is the first time they actually have. They had plenty of times throughout the franchise's history to spend money
and make moves, but they usually went the cheap and safe route most of the time. They have historically let guys go rather than paying them.

Off the top of my head they've paid for

Anthony Weaver
Ahamn Green
Jaques Reeves
Antonio Smith

Then go back to guys like....

Eric Moulds
Stacey Mack
Mike Flanagan

So they've paid for players, they just haven't spent wisely.
laugh.gif

I had no problems with not paying Dunta, he wasn't worth that money and he's not exactly setting the world on fire in ATL. Hell he's not even their best cornerback.

Forgot they gave Smith that, but the rest...LOL exactly.

And i think if they would have paid Dunta (not 57 mill though), we wouldn't have had to throw rookies in the secondary like we did,
but at the same time, we probably wouldn't have what looks to be a good secondary now. LOL Reeves, Green, Moulds, and Stacy,
good lord how in the world did we pay them of all people???

Back
Top Bottom