2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by jville819

Damn, the Jags are starting to takeover here
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...wait, so who else are Jags fans in here?

5. What city has the ugliest groupies?
"Since they are small towns, Buffalo or Green Bay. They may have some diamonds in the rough though." - AFC East rookie

LOL

Nah, I don't feel like listening to people feel sorry for these guys after they read something like that. I guess you could always put a different spin on the book, but still...Definitely makes being a professional athlete look less desirable. That's for sure.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Saw this today...another interesting look to see how the NFL passing game (and rules) have evolved....

Average NFL team yearly passing statistics

1960 - 159 Cmp, 316 Att, 50.2 %, 2,048 Yds, 17.0 TD, 21.1 Int, 61.0 Rtg (12 games)
1970 - 193 Cmp, 377 Att, 51.1 %, 2,259 Yds, 16.4 TD, 19.6 Int, 62.5 Rtg (14 games)
1980 - 275 Cmp, 490 Att, 56.2 %, 3,135 Yds, 21.6 TD, 22.4 Int, 71.3 Rtg
1990 - 270 Cmp, 483 Att, 56.0 %, 3,116 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 75.0 Rtg
2000 - 306 Cmp, 527 Att, 58.2 %, 3,310 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 76.3 Rtg
2010 - 327 Cmp, 540 Att, 60.8 %, 3,545 Yds, 23.5 TD, 16.0 Int, 82.2 Rtg

I would give anything to see Marino play in today's era vs when he did in the 80's/90's.  His numbers would be Gretzkyesque for all time. 
laugh.gif

This is how we're rolling today - Donald Driver seen some better days, but he keeps on trucking!  # 12 gonna lead 'em back to Titletown and show the Saints how to really play some offense!

Peyton Manning had cervical surgery today.
30t6p3b.gif

He's definitely not playing this season.

They say 2-3 months minimum. Thats gotta be optimistic though. Im confident that we still have a decent squad without Peyton but damn. How you go from never missing a game from the time you were in middle school, to possibly missing a whole season. God Damn lockout
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Saw this today...another interesting look to see how the NFL passing game (and rules) have evolved....

Average NFL team yearly passing statistics

1960 - 159 Cmp, 316 Att, 50.2 %, 2,048 Yds, 17.0 TD, 21.1 Int, 61.0 Rtg (12 games)
1970 - 193 Cmp, 377 Att, 51.1 %, 2,259 Yds, 16.4 TD, 19.6 Int, 62.5 Rtg (14 games)
1980 - 275 Cmp, 490 Att, 56.2 %, 3,135 Yds, 21.6 TD, 22.4 Int, 71.3 Rtg
1990 - 270 Cmp, 483 Att, 56.0 %, 3,116 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 75.0 Rtg
2000 - 306 Cmp, 527 Att, 58.2 %, 3,310 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 76.3 Rtg
2010 - 327 Cmp, 540 Att, 60.8 %, 3,545 Yds, 23.5 TD, 16.0 Int, 82.2 Rtg

I would give anything to see Marino play in today's era vs when he did in the 80's/90's.  His numbers would be Gretzkyesque for all time. 
laugh.gif

People just don't understand how amazing Dan was.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Imagine some of the great WRs playing today, with the contact rules and what-not, as well.
sick.gif

Dudes talking about ralphing on chicks while getting domed and busting on skeezers' shoulders like it's nothing.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

decent squad without Peyton

xzbitlol.png

I didnt say great, or even good.  I said decent son.  If you cant look at the team and say they are at least decent then youre a straight clown.  Kerry Collins has a better squad with the Colts compared to anything hes ever had before.  We will see Sunday

Originally Posted by University of Nike

decent squad without Peyton

xzbitlol.png

Patriots went 11-5 without Tom Brady. #JustSayin

No one knew how prepared Matt Cassell was. But everybody's seen Painter and Orlovsky in extended runs
laugh.gif
. Collins, he'll be lucky to still be
upright after the 5th or 6th game.

Yeah, but before Cassel was thrown into the starter position, he wasn't exactly a beacon of hope: From 2005-2007, he was 22 of 39 for 253 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, and a QB rating of 64.3.
laugh.gif

Yeah, but before Cassel was thrown into the starter position, he wasn't exactly a beacon of hope: From 2005-2007, he was 22 of 39 with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, and a QB rating of 64.3.
laugh.gif

True, but how much of the Patriots success can you attribute to Tom Brady versus Belichick's system. They're both responsible, but the Patriots have a better TEAM than the colts.

I don't think the NFL has EVER, ever seen a QB control so much of his offense on the field, in audibles and just being an on-field Head Coach if you will in Peyton.

Kerry Collins is not the worse starting QB in the league, but he stunk it up his last year in Tennessee and is definitely no Peyton Manning.

If I'm a Colts fan, this season is over.

Collins is a statue in the pocket, and will bust under pressure. so glad he's not on my team no more.
laugh.gif

Yeah, but before Cassel was thrown into the starter position, he wasn't exactly a beacon of hope: From 2005-2007, he was 22 of 39 with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, and a QB rating of 64.3.
laugh.gif

True, but how much of the Patriots success can you attribute to Tom Brady versus Belichick's system. They're both responsible, but the Patriots have a better TEAM than the colts.

I don't think the NFL has EVER, ever seen a QB control so much of his offense on the field, in audibles and just being an on-field Head Coach if you will in Peyton.

Kerry Collins is not the worse starting QB in the league, but he stunk it up his last year in Tennessee and is definitely no Peyton Manning.

If I'm a Colts fan, this season is over.

Has Kerry Collins ever had the targets that he has now? I mean, he stunk it up in Tennessee, but the Titans don't have Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Jacob Tamme, etc.

I totally agree with the QB control aspect. The Colts aren't really a scripted team - they have a base play, but Peyton changes things up at the line. They'll have to completely revamp the offense for Collins.

It will just be interesting to see how the Colts do without #18 under center. I personally think it's going to be a train wreck, but that's just me.

Like I told someone else.  If you judged every season on whether you won the championship or not, you would be a very sad sports fan.  Like I said we will see how they do.  I am a Colts fan, and the season is not over

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Never been any less excited for a season to start. Not even sure why.

Even thought about canceling Sunday Ticket, but I haven't yet.
Just kidding. I'm back now.

I owe part of my resurrection to CP for his first post in the Sunday Ticket thread.
laugh.gif

Never been any less excited for a season to start. Not even sure why.

Even thought about canceling Sunday Ticket, but I haven't yet.
Just kidding. I'm back now.

I owe part of my resurrection to CP for his first post in the Sunday Ticket thread.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Collins is a statue in the pocket, and will bust under pressure. so glad he's not on my team no more.
laugh.gif

Yes, because a quarterback who injures himself running in the open field is much better.
laugh.gif

I'd post the video if I could find it...Hasselbeck is brittle. I like the guy, but he won't make it to week 5.

Back
Top Bottom