2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

I think he woulda got his money had he not pulled his "Pay Me Rick" stunt and had actually asked for something reasonable. With the drafts and signings I still don't know how Rick Smith has a job but we'll definitely see what's up at the end of the year.

I still say not drafting Revis set this team back 5 years and seeing this is the 5th year maybe we're over that hump.
laugh.gif

Ahhhhh don't even get me started on guys we drafted vs guys we passed over. That could be a whole different thread itself

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Can we please fast forward to Sunday afternoon?
pimp.gif

Nah. The anticipation is half the excitement. I love football season.
pimp.gif

Watch a full slate of college games on Saturday to prime myself for another full day of NFL football. Life is good.

Im getting everything i have to do, done today so i can sit in front of the tv for 11 hours tomorrow.

Plus sunday ticket free trial
pimp.gif

Predictions for tomorrow:

Atlanta vs. Chicago - Chicago

This game will be very close throughout, but I'm giving the edge to the Bears because they are tough to beat at home. Especially because it's a season opener.
Atlanta plays very well on the road, but I just see Chicago pulling one out on a big day from Cutler and Forte seems to always play well game 1 and fall off from there.  Julio should have a great game for his debut with the focus on Roddy and Turner.

Bengals vs. Browns - Browns

Bengals starting a rookie quarterback who didn't have the luxury of a full offseason program because of the lockout. They will rely heavily on the run game and I wouldn't be surprised to see Benson have close to 30 carries. The Browns and Colt looked great in preseason and they seem to be on the up, which is the opposite direction the Bengals are going. This game is probably the easiest pick of the day.

Bill vs. Chiefs - Chiefs

The Bill are also a team headed in the right direction and will keep this game competitive, but the Chiefs at Arrowhead are too much. Cassel has a typical line. Nothing spectacular, but enough to win. Charles will have a big day. Fitzpatrick and the Bills might threaten late, but will fall short. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the win, but my gut says no.

Eagles vs. Rams - Eagles

After the hype around the Eagles settle a bit, we realized that their offensive line has major concerns and on defense their LB's are a glaring weakness on an otherwise strong team. However, the O-line is of course a very important position group and the weak linebackers plays right into what I think the Rams will do. Keep it short and simple and let Steven Jackson carry the load. It's because of this I think the game will be close, but the Eagles are just too much and that speed on turf is
sick.gif
  Vick will run wild if the O-line decide they aren't ready to block.

Lions vs. Buccaneers - Lions

Excited to see this one. Talk about two teams with a bright future. Stafford was on fire in the preseason and when he's played in the past he's been pretty good. The Lions will score a lot of points and TB will stay close, but just won't have enough firepower this week to keep up.

Titans vs. Jaguars - Titans

Del Rio is feeling the pressure and I'm wondering whether he'll push too hard. Maybe overcoach. If the Titans keep Matthew upright they will find him to be a pretty efficient QB. Give me that efficiency with CJ and the Titans on the road.

Steelers vs. Ravens - Ravens

Absolutely love this matchup. It's the last of the dying defensive tussles it seems. Steelers will be back in the hunt for a SB come playoffs, but the Ravens will finally get the Steelers tomorrow. Flacco has a new toy to play with in Lee Evans, so B'more can finally stretch the field. Boldin is still there and most importantly Ray Rice. He will be huge huge huge. No more McGahee taking goal line touches.

Colts vs. Texans - Texans

Colts are hurtin' and this isn't their year.

Panthers vs. Cardinals - Cardinals

We'll see Cam go back and forth from nice/great play to rookie mistakes. The volatility of his play is expected and Carolina will take some time to get rolling this year, but I like the talent on the team. Kolb will have a good day and get started on the right foot. He should be much more prepared for this game given his experience than Cam and it's big reason why they get the win.

Homer Alert: Vikings vs. Chargers - Vikings

AP will run for 150. Sprinkle in a little McNabb PA here and there with a deep ball or two and Minnesota will have a nice balance to keep that darned Rivers off the field as much as possible. Not only does this have to happen, but if the Vikings want to win they'll probably have to win on special teams. It's a new year for the Chargers, but until proven otherwise the special teams edge goes to Minnesota.

Seahawks vs. 49ers - Seahawks

Please O-line give Tarvaris some time. That's all I ask. He needs that to happen to prove wrong the millions.
nerd.gif

Gians vs. ******** - ******** (upset pick)

I think the 'Skins will be jacked going into the game and the 'awe shucks' demeanor of Eli just doesn't work for me. Hightower seems to be set for a big year and get the bulk of Washington's carries. Early on in the year, at least. You just never know with Shanahan. Grossman can spin it a bit, so they'll be balanced enough to pull of the upset.

Cowboys vs. Jets - Jets

Defense is just too strong for Dallas to overcome for the first game of the year and Romo's first real action since early last year. They'll have Felix lined up all over the field to keep the Jets on their toes, but they'll have to work too hard for too long and just won't have enough. Dez gets a TD btw.

I just woke up and I have the feeling like it's Christmas day. The closest I'll get to it at this age....There's no presnts under the three yet though, so I'll try and sleep for another few hours.

hahaha lovin' the homer pick for the Vikes 651, but I just don't see it happening. I will be rooting for them heavy come game time, but idk.. I think that Chargers team just has all the pieces.. but then again, they did last year too.

Go VIKES!

Cowboys will be 1-0 after tonight
pimp.gif
.....I'm so glad I'm off Monday and Tuesday. Due to the time zone out here in Germany NFL games don't come on until it's late as hell. I'll be able to stay up and catch the games and most importantly the Cowboys game
pimp.gif

I don't know about Dilfer in the booth, but I can't believe you guys are so disgusted with him. He really knows his stuff and articulates his knowledge so well. I enjoy his analysis and opinions.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I don't know about Dilfer in the booth, but I can't believe you guys are so disgusted with him. He really knows his stuff and articulates his knowledge so well. I enjoy his analysis and opinions.
pimp.gif

People dont like that hes pompus, and acts like he was the greatest QB of all time....

He's cocky, but he still knows what he's talking about. I don't get the impression that he acts like he's the greatest QB of all-time. That's just hating. His statements are strong because he's very knowledgeable about the game.

What's the deal with The NFL Today and FOX NFL Sunday being aired (at least in NY)? I'm assuming the 9/11 tribute will be running well past 12:00...

There is a difference between confidence and cockiness. Some of you twits call it "swag" and now are knocking Dilfer for it. He does know his @+%$. And he does analyze the game better than Keyshawn, Carter and other ex-players.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

He's cocky, but he still knows what he's talking about. I don't get the impression that he acts like he's the greatest QB of all-time. That's just hating. His statements are strong because he's very knowledgeable about the game.
agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom