2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Speaking of 24/7...

Those idiot editors of 24/7 pretty much ruined the conspiracy/build up that his wraps were cracked with that close up of Margaritos handwraps after the Cotto fight.

Clearly looks like thread from a t-shirt or boxing glove.

laugh.gif

Speaking of 24/7...

Those idiot editors of 24/7 pretty much ruined the conspiracy/build up that his wraps were cracked with that close up of Margaritos handwraps after the Cotto fight.

Clearly looks like thread from a t-shirt or boxing glove.

laugh.gif

you can tell someones improving by the techniques they use.

JCC didnt Jab like this before, He didnt put punches together like this.

we get it, he hasnt faced anyone. but to say he isnt improving is dumb.

Andre Berto didnt fight anyone and every fight he made the same stupid mistakes no matter who he fought.

He fought flat footed, he didnt jab, he ran out of gas, he hit then fell into his opponent then held.

JCC isnt making the same mistakes he made the previous fight, while someoen like Berto did. thats how you judge improvement

cmon man

you can tell someones improving by the techniques they use.

JCC didnt Jab like this before, He didnt put punches together like this.

we get it, he hasnt faced anyone. but to say he isnt improving is dumb.

Andre Berto didnt fight anyone and every fight he made the same stupid mistakes no matter who he fought.

He fought flat footed, he didnt jab, he ran out of gas, he hit then fell into his opponent then held.

JCC isnt making the same mistakes he made the previous fight, while someoen like Berto did. thats how you judge improvement

cmon man

I think jcc has a shot against the bigs in the division cause of his body punching.i feel this dude hasn't hit his peak yet but Freddie needs to work on his defense

I think jcc has a shot against the bigs in the division cause of his body punching.i feel this dude hasn't hit his peak yet but Freddie needs to work on his defense

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.co...e&id=46206#ixzz1eGRAv7Ov
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

Reliant Arena, Houston, Texas - Top Rank CEO Bob Arum took a small jab at Golden Boy Promotions head honcho Oscar De La Hoya after Julio Chavez Jr. knocked out Peter Manfredo in a fight televised by HBO. When asked about a potential fight between Chavez and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, Arum said that the 6 division world champion spends more time social networking than promoting.

"Look I don't want to take a shot at Oscar but he spends more time Tweeting than promoting," stated a smiling Arum. "That fight is one possiblity among several that we have. Julio is going to enjoy Christmas and New Years then we will talk about it."

Arum went on to say that he is far more interested in pitting his fighter against De La Hoya than versus Alvarez. A Chavez-De La Hoya fight would be huge considering that De La Hoya defeated Chavez's father twice when the elder Chavez was nearing the end of his career.

"I would rather make a fight between Chavez and De La Hoya. That would be a huge fight given that Oscar beat Chavez Sr. twice when he was towards the end of his career. Now it is kind of reversed and I think Chavez Jr. would be very interested in fighting Oscar," said Arum.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.co...e&id=46206#ixzz1eGRAv7Ov
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

Reliant Arena, Houston, Texas - Top Rank CEO Bob Arum took a small jab at Golden Boy Promotions head honcho Oscar De La Hoya after Julio Chavez Jr. knocked out Peter Manfredo in a fight televised by HBO. When asked about a potential fight between Chavez and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, Arum said that the 6 division world champion spends more time social networking than promoting.

"Look I don't want to take a shot at Oscar but he spends more time Tweeting than promoting," stated a smiling Arum. "That fight is one possiblity among several that we have. Julio is going to enjoy Christmas and New Years then we will talk about it."

Arum went on to say that he is far more interested in pitting his fighter against De La Hoya than versus Alvarez. A Chavez-De La Hoya fight would be huge considering that De La Hoya defeated Chavez's father twice when the elder Chavez was nearing the end of his career.

"I would rather make a fight between Chavez and De La Hoya. That would be a huge fight given that Oscar beat Chavez Sr. twice when he was towards the end of his career. Now it is kind of reversed and I think Chavez Jr. would be very interested in fighting Oscar," said Arum.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

good stoppage, good fight dunno what happen to Manfredo I thought he had a legit chance in the opening rounds..

on another note, #@#* Bob Arum

Same here, I thought Manfredo was going to put a better fight, not win though.

Really want this Chavez Jr. vs Canelo fight to happen.
nerd.gif

This dude Bob Arum
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

good stoppage, good fight dunno what happen to Manfredo I thought he had a legit chance in the opening rounds..

on another note, #@#* Bob Arum

Same here, I thought Manfredo was going to put a better fight, not win though.

Really want this Chavez Jr. vs Canelo fight to happen.
nerd.gif

This dude Bob Arum
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'd love to see alvarez v jcc but no way golden boy lets alvarez fight a prospect who's bigger and older than alvarez. And I think top rank wants to milk jcc against lower opponents as much as possible. People will watch him fight anyone now that he's got the name, belt, undefeated record, and style. You take away that belt and undefeated record and that changes.

Its definitely a matchup I'd LOVE to see but it's gna take a blemish to one of the fighters undefeated records or for alvarez to just get older for this fight to happen IMO. Mayweather Pac will happen before this does
laugh.gif

I'd love to see alvarez v jcc but no way golden boy lets alvarez fight a prospect who's bigger and older than alvarez. And I think top rank wants to milk jcc against lower opponents as much as possible. People will watch him fight anyone now that he's got the name, belt, undefeated record, and style. You take away that belt and undefeated record and that changes.

Its definitely a matchup I'd LOVE to see but it's gna take a blemish to one of the fighters undefeated records or for alvarez to just get older for this fight to happen IMO. Mayweather Pac will happen before this does
laugh.gif

Good stoppage, Manfredo did nothing to adequately defend himself once he was rocked and JCCjr hit him with a few more shots. Not flush but he did land some clean punches. And if he boxes against Angulo, he probably wins. Kirkland or Martinez? Nah. He'll be in those fights but he won't win. Not yet at least.

Good stoppage, Manfredo did nothing to adequately defend himself once he was rocked and JCCjr hit him with a few more shots. Not flush but he did land some clean punches. And if he boxes against Angulo, he probably wins. Kirkland or Martinez? Nah. He'll be in those fights but he won't win. Not yet at least.

Back
Top Bottom