2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Damn, what a weird weird fight. From the weird knockdown, to the strange point deductions.

I was watching the fight thinking, "Damn, he's pushing a ton!" But, I never thought they'd take away two points, let alone two.

I will say, I really thought that Lamont was putting together a hell of an effort out there, but Khan was just picking his shots and getting out.

I thought at the very least it was a draw, or a Khan win.

Damn, what a weird weird fight. From the weird knockdown, to the strange point deductions.

I was watching the fight thinking, "Damn, he's pushing a ton!" But, I never thought they'd take away two points, let alone two.

I will say, I really thought that Lamont was putting together a hell of an effort out there, but Khan was just picking his shots and getting out.

I thought at the very least it was a draw, or a Khan win.

What a brawl in DC, Khan aint ready for the next level 
laugh.gif
 . Forget the rematch give me a rematch with prescott or the ghost guerrero.

laugh.gif

The scores weren't wrong but the point deductions were.

With that I mean, I do believe Lamont Peterson eked out a victory. Khan's little flurries at points during the fight were not substantial. He'd throw 3 and 4 punch combinations and hit nothing but glove. Peterson would get inside and do damage (or as much damage as his soft hands would allow him to do). They looked impactful.

Plus as a judge, when you hear the crowd 'oooh' and 'ahhh' at punches, it certainly makes an impression.

I however do not think Lamont wins a rematch in any part of the world unless he uses Margarito's wraps cuz he has no power.

The scores weren't wrong but the point deductions were.

With that I mean, I do believe Lamont Peterson eked out a victory. Khan's little flurries at points during the fight were not substantial. He'd throw 3 and 4 punch combinations and hit nothing but glove. Peterson would get inside and do damage (or as much damage as his soft hands would allow him to do). They looked impactful.

Plus as a judge, when you hear the crowd 'oooh' and 'ahhh' at punches, it certainly makes an impression.

I however do not think Lamont wins a rematch in any part of the world unless he uses Margarito's wraps cuz he has no power.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn, what a weird weird fight. 

THis
Originally Posted by jay23oth

laugh.gif

Rather see Alvarado over prescott. Way over

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn, what a weird weird fight. 

THis
Originally Posted by jay23oth

laugh.gif

Rather see Alvarado over prescott. Way over

Fight was all messed up. Ref was HORRIBLE. I saw it since the first round, his movement around the ring (the ref) seemed like he didn't want to be there. And he would say things such as "Break it up, keep fighting" in the same sentence, what? The 2nd point deduction where the ref came in and motioned that he was gonna break it up and then backed off in the last second whern Khan threw that "illegal" uppercut was the ref's fault. He was definitely hometown reffing, should never ref a fight again. As far as the fight itself, Khan do tend to push alot, got pressured alot, and fought a good fight. He is not where he needs to be tho. Peterson did good with the power shots and hurt Khan more than a few times. Good fight all around, just mad at the ref.

Fight was all messed up. Ref was HORRIBLE. I saw it since the first round, his movement around the ring (the ref) seemed like he didn't want to be there. And he would say things such as "Break it up, keep fighting" in the same sentence, what? The 2nd point deduction where the ref came in and motioned that he was gonna break it up and then backed off in the last second whern Khan threw that "illegal" uppercut was the ref's fault. He was definitely hometown reffing, should never ref a fight again. As far as the fight itself, Khan do tend to push alot, got pressured alot, and fought a good fight. He is not where he needs to be tho. Peterson did good with the power shots and hurt Khan more than a few times. Good fight all around, just mad at the ref.

but if the ref didn't take away a point then Khan would have been holding and pushing way more.

Peterson was landing punches and winning rounds because Khan wasn't able to hold or push.

but if the ref didn't take away a point then Khan would have been holding and pushing way more.

Peterson was landing punches and winning rounds because Khan wasn't able to hold or push.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Yeah but the first time, he didn't warn him by saying " I will take off a point next time you do that". Plus Peterson was pushing him too, just not as far out.

Yeah but the first time, he didn't warn him by saying " I will take off a point next time you do that". Plus Peterson was pushing him too, just not as far out.

If I remember correctly, the 2nd point deduction was for the uppercut while ref was trying to break up the clinch. If that's the case, it's wrong IMO because the ref was messing up.

If I remember correctly, the 2nd point deduction was for the uppercut while ref was trying to break up the clinch. If that's the case, it's wrong IMO because the ref was messing up.

Eh, shoulda been khan by a real close split decision or a draw, and even though the second point deduction was bs, peterson fought a great fight, and hey, khan losing the belts means we get to see a rematch so I'm not even that mad.  Khan barely got past Maidana, I respect that he's willing to fight everyone but I kinda didn't wanna see him slide on another close decision in this one.

Khan pretty much had the ref against him, he should've stopped pushing when the ref took the first point. But the ref should've been fair and told Peterson to stop, and also let him get away with a low blow.

Khan should've won, his fault though.

Eh, shoulda been khan by a real close split decision or a draw, and even though the second point deduction was bs, peterson fought a great fight, and hey, khan losing the belts means we get to see a rematch so I'm not even that mad.  Khan barely got past Maidana, I respect that he's willing to fight everyone but I kinda didn't wanna see him slide on another close decision in this one.

Back
Top Bottom