2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Thinking back at it, I agree. Khan would throw 3-4 quick punches, try to land a couple, then run around the ring.

I loved the body work by Lamont,
sick.gif

I'm not so sure Khan would beat Morales.

Might be career suicide if he did that...
nerd.gif
Especially watching Morales recently, he's been so damn unpredictable.

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

That's not nice at all JA.  Dude has been shot for YEARS and he just beat some scrub so he'll probably think it was a victory that meant something when he should just retire before someone kills him in the ring.

I personally wouldn't think he'd ever take on a big fight again ever in his career to put himself in that situation.

He's just one of my favorite boxers of this generation and I like to see him still having some success, even if it is small scale.

I personally wouldn't think he'd ever take on a big fight again ever in his career to put himself in that situation.

He's just one of my favorite boxers of this generation and I like to see him still having some success, even if it is small scale.

He needs the money, he'll fight whatever fight they give him. It doesn't need to be a big fight to put him in that situation. Denis Lebedev destroyed him for 10 rounds in his last fight and two fight before that Danny Green viciously knocked him out in the first round. He needed to retire after Tarver beat him the second time. If he's one of your favorite boxers, you should be on the side to get him to retire asap as well. Guy is going to get seriously hurt.

He needs the money, he'll fight whatever fight they give him. It doesn't need to be a big fight to put him in that situation. Denis Lebedev destroyed him for 10 rounds in his last fight and two fight before that Danny Green viciously knocked him out in the first round. He needed to retire after Tarver beat him the second time. If he's one of your favorite boxers, you should be on the side to get him to retire asap as well. Guy is going to get seriously hurt.

This fight was a pick em fight.

If you judge the fight on being busy, Khan.

If you judge the fight on clean, effective punches, Peterson.

I honestly thought Lamont won the fight, but would understand if one had Khan winning.

The first point deduction was I guess justified. But the second one was OD.

Khan was mad pushing Lamont, puttin him in a headlock, all that mess, so I ain't mad.

Great fight though, really enjoyed it.

This fight was a pick em fight.

If you judge the fight on being busy, Khan.

If you judge the fight on clean, effective punches, Peterson.

I honestly thought Lamont won the fight, but would understand if one had Khan winning.

The first point deduction was I guess justified. But the second one was OD.

Khan was mad pushing Lamont, puttin him in a headlock, all that mess, so I ain't mad.

Great fight though, really enjoyed it.

Just watched the fight, ref order on that 2nd point deduction. Who do ago see Khan going against? Morales, Bradley?

Just watched the fight, ref order on that 2nd point deduction. Who do ago see Khan going against? Morales, Bradley?

I almost never bet on fights, but I took Lamont KO/TKO and Lamont decision bc the odds were just way too stacked against a guy I thought had a 40/60 chance of winning. Couldn't have been happier last night. No matter what happens in his career/life, I'll always appreciate Lamont Peterson and that ref 
laugh.gif

Thought the fight was a draw, but I guess u add those 2 deductions in along w/ Kahn's knockdown and Peterson wins by a rd.

I almost never bet on fights, but I took Lamont KO/TKO and Lamont decision bc the odds were just way too stacked against a guy I thought had a 40/60 chance of winning. Couldn't have been happier last night. No matter what happens in his career/life, I'll always appreciate Lamont Peterson and that ref 
laugh.gif

Thought the fight was a draw, but I guess u add those 2 deductions in along w/ Kahn's knockdown and Peterson wins by a rd.

Just finishe watching that Segura - Viloria fight.

Not what I expected, not the boxing that I like, but props to Viloria for getting the win.

Giovani's head, other refs would've probably stopped it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Just finishe watching that Segura - Viloria fight.

Not what I expected, not the boxing that I like, but props to Viloria for getting the win.

Giovani's head, other refs would've probably stopped it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Not putting too much on him, but the heavyweight Mitchell had a good showing.

He has lapses in defense but his toolbox appears full.

Never to sure about fighters who start late but we'll see how he progresses

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he look better then most. fast hands and threw with power. work on that defense and we may have a good one.

he look better then most. fast hands and threw with power. work on that defense and we may have a good one.

Thinking back at it, I agree. Khan would throw 3-4 quick punches, try to land a couple, then run around the ring.

sick.gif

nerd.gif

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

Maidana v Morales was amazing
pimp.gif

sick.gif

nerd.gif

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

Maidana v Morales was amazing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yea, he looks like he could get caught with a good right but other than that he's looked pretty good.  Showed good speed/power against a guy who was never knocked out before.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yea, he looks like he could get caught with a good right but other than that he's looked pretty good.  Showed good speed/power against a guy who was never knocked out before.

Gonna watch again before I come back here with full thoughts...

But it seems like Khan was looking past Peterson, honestly.

If he looked impressive, I believe he would've gotten that May 5th date with Floyd. If Manny said no...of course.

Potentially just screwed himself...

Peterson did really well last night.  I don't know if it's a Freddie Roach or Khan thing but Khan really needs work on his defense.  For a guy with his speed he gets hit a ton.

Back
Top Bottom