2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Gonna watch again before I come back here with full thoughts...

But it seems like Khan was looking past Peterson, honestly.

If he looked impressive, I believe he would've gotten that May 5th date with Floyd. If Manny said no...of course.

Potentially just screwed himself...

Gonna watch again before I come back here with full thoughts...

But it seems like Khan was looking past Peterson, honestly.

If he looked impressive, I believe he would've gotten that May 5th date with Floyd. If Manny said no...of course.

Potentially just screwed himself...

Peterson did really well last night.  I don't know if it's a Freddie Roach or Khan thing but Khan really needs work on his defense.  For a guy with his speed he gets hit a ton.

Khan didn't know what to do when Peterson wanted to do some inside fighting right up against Khan's chest so that's why Khan kept on pushing/holding/putting Peterson's head down.

There were times when Khan blatantly ran across the ring to avoid pushing again.
Dan Rafael hates the ref kept on saying he is a disgrace to boxing. The ref was in bad position when Khan knocked Peterson down though.

Khan didn't know what to do when Peterson wanted to do some inside fighting right up against Khan's chest so that's why Khan kept on pushing/holding/putting Peterson's head down.

There were times when Khan blatantly ran across the ring to avoid pushing again.
Dan Rafael hates the ref kept on saying he is a disgrace to boxing. The ref was in bad position when Khan knocked Peterson down though.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

that wasnt scored a knockdown
 the 2nd one was called when he stumbled on the ropes and fell.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

yup i watched it again and the 1st was a kd the 2nd wasn't

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

yup i watched it again and the 1st was a kd the 2nd wasn't

The fight was extremely close would have like to see a draw called.  Everyone said when Manny beat JMM "You have to beat the champ....in a close fight the champ will get the benefit of the doubt"

Unless you are fighting in the challengers home town apparently lol.

I think the knockdowns were ruled correctly honestly.  The first one even though he got hit he tripped over the ref's foot i think he would have caught his balance and stayed up otherwise so the ref called it a slip.  And he did slip on the second one but he got hit with a punch prior to slipping....just by rule to me it had to be ruled a knockdown. 

The points being taken away from khan were a little iffy if you ask me.  No hard warning to stop pushing....so maybe take away one point but 2? the fight would have been a Khan victory if only one point was taken away.  Peterson did lean in a lot with the head and Khan would push him away or hold his head down to deal with that.  But i guess its just the aggressor vs the defender at that point.  And khan shouldn't have pushed and dealt with the inside fighting more or just ran away the rest of the fight.  The fight was entertaining though.  I expect khan to win the rematch however 

The fight was extremely close would have like to see a draw called.  Everyone said when Manny beat JMM "You have to beat the champ....in a close fight the champ will get the benefit of the doubt"

Unless you are fighting in the challengers home town apparently lol.

I think the knockdowns were ruled correctly honestly.  The first one even though he got hit he tripped over the ref's foot i think he would have caught his balance and stayed up otherwise so the ref called it a slip.  And he did slip on the second one but he got hit with a punch prior to slipping....just by rule to me it had to be ruled a knockdown. 

The points being taken away from khan were a little iffy if you ask me.  No hard warning to stop pushing....so maybe take away one point but 2? the fight would have been a Khan victory if only one point was taken away.  Peterson did lean in a lot with the head and Khan would push him away or hold his head down to deal with that.  But i guess its just the aggressor vs the defender at that point.  And khan shouldn't have pushed and dealt with the inside fighting more or just ran away the rest of the fight.  The fight was entertaining though.  I expect khan to win the rematch however 

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Coming from a Washington, DC native, after watching this fight......no one is ever gonna think of DC as a Boxing Venue.
30t6p3b.gif

This and it sucks because we have so much talent here. ref was definitely showing Peterson favoritism..even though i still felt he won. when he had him on the ropes kahn couldn't even keep up. thats why he started running and tried his best to stay off and out of corners. Peterson does damage to the body given any opportunity he gets. my favorite was when he lifted kahns head up with his elbows and then stuck him. lol, glad peterson was able to get his shine on though.

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Coming from a Washington, DC native, after watching this fight......no one is ever gonna think of DC as a Boxing Venue.
30t6p3b.gif

This and it sucks because we have so much talent here. ref was definitely showing Peterson favoritism..even though i still felt he won. when he had him on the ropes kahn couldn't even keep up. thats why he started running and tried his best to stay off and out of corners. Peterson does damage to the body given any opportunity he gets. my favorite was when he lifted kahns head up with his elbows and then stuck him. lol, glad peterson was able to get his shine on though.

So much for that HBO theory

The ref clearly said "Last warning for pushing"

That was A LOT of pushing, and about half of them had a forearm/elbow.

30t6p3b.gif
HBO broadcasts always have such an agenda
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

To play devil's advocate, plenty of boxers push throughout their fights. I just feel like the ref was specifically calling out Khan for pushing/headlock every chance he got, I just didn't like how he reffed the whole fight.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

To play devil's advocate, plenty of boxers push throughout their fights. I just feel like the ref was specifically calling out Khan for pushing/headlock every chance he got, I just didn't like how he reffed the whole fight.

Back
Top Bottom