2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Really looking forward to next weeks fight...who u guys picking?

I'm taking Bradley by decision. Alexander looked terrible last fight

I think people are really underrating Alexander and overrating Bradley just because of the Kotelnik fight.
I got Alexander TKO 10.
Nah, I agree with you there, but that Kotelnik fight changed the way I look at Alexander, it was that bad a performance imo. I actually have never been too impressed with Bradley from a skills/ability perspective, but he has the heart and mentality that allows him to beat more talented fighters (like in the Holt fight). Should be a good one though

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Really looking forward to next weeks fight...who u guys picking?

I'm taking Bradley by decision. Alexander looked terrible last fight

I think people are really underrating Alexander and overrating Bradley just because of the Kotelnik fight.
I got Alexander TKO 10.
Nah, I agree with you there, but that Kotelnik fight changed the way I look at Alexander, it was that bad a performance imo. I actually have never been too impressed with Bradley from a skills/ability perspective, but he has the heart and mentality that allows him to beat more talented fighters (like in the Holt fight). Should be a good one though

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I can sell fake shoes. HBO has the budget.

And showtime doesn't?

Break it down to the most simpltest form.  There are more HBO subscribers than Showtime subricbers. 
\
You really trying to compare HBO boxing budget to Showtime?  Honestly? 

And showtime doesn't?

Break it down to the most simpltest form.  There are more HBO subscribers than Showtime subricbers. 
\

And showtime doesn't?

\
So because HBO has the bigger budget it's automatically better than what showtime/CBS can dish out?
Fightcamp 360 is a very good in my opinion.

And showtime doesn't?

\
So because HBO has the bigger budget it's automatically better than what showtime/CBS can dish out?
Fightcamp 360 is a very good in my opinion.

Yes because HBO has a bigger budget they can put a better product out. Yes because HBO has more people subscribing to their network more people are going to watch 24/7. Yes because more people watch 24/7 in one episode than the entire Fight 360 series they would sell more fights. What is so hard to understand. Honestly.

Yes because HBO has a bigger budget they can put a better product out. Yes because HBO has more people subscribing to their network more people are going to watch 24/7. Yes because more people watch 24/7 in one episode than the entire Fight 360 series they would sell more fights. What is so hard to understand. Honestly.

Casual fans will follow Pacquiao and Mosley's name, not whether it was on HBO and if it had a 24/7 or not.

Add to the fact that CBS is free, and is airing out a fightcamp-24/7 type series.

It doesn't matter who subscribes to which network more because it's a PPV, the casual fans will follow Pacquiao and Mosley and order their PPV's no matter what network it's on.

Casual fans will follow Pacquiao and Mosley's name, not whether it was on HBO and if it had a 24/7 or not.

Add to the fact that CBS is free, and is airing out a fightcamp-24/7 type series.

It doesn't matter who subscribes to which network more because it's a PPV, the casual fans will follow Pacquiao and Mosley and order their PPV's no matter what network it's on.

Yea that's what I was gonna add, gotta remember Crooks he's gonna be pumping this up on CBS with their (rumored) series on it and (rumored) to work the late night hard with talk shows and stuff. I still think they'll sell well on Showtime but he's not leaving HBO for good, no way. They got two of the bigger fights of the first third on HBO.

Yea that's what I was gonna add, gotta remember Crooks he's gonna be pumping this up on CBS with their (rumored) series on it and (rumored) to work the late night hard with talk shows and stuff. I still think they'll sell well on Showtime but he's not leaving HBO for good, no way. They got two of the bigger fights of the first third on HBO.

But why dont people remember the failed fight ventures on CBS? You guys remember when they dipped the toes back into boxing and Panchito Bojado got his @#! kicked then w/MMA that they gave 2 cards to? HBO drives this business, as much as we may dislike it. Yeah they may taste success with Pac-Man but that's name alone, much like Fedor was. Arum and every other promoter knows where their bread is butered

But why dont people remember the failed fight ventures on CBS? You guys remember when they dipped the toes back into boxing and Panchito Bojado got his @#! kicked then w/MMA that they gave 2 cards to? HBO drives this business, as much as we may dislike it. Yeah they may taste success with Pac-Man but that's name alone, much like Fedor was. Arum and every other promoter knows where their bread is butered

OH I know HBO is still pretty much running things and CBS has flopped before. But Manny's a different beast than Bojado and MMA. He appeals to casual fans and they buy his fights. I dunno, I guess we gotta wait and see how it goes down.

OH I know HBO is still pretty much running things and CBS has flopped before. But Manny's a different beast than Bojado and MMA. He appeals to casual fans and they buy his fights. I dunno, I guess we gotta wait and see how it goes down.

1. i thought manny had a contract with HBO?

2. im with shannon on this. yes manny is a big name but you see how everyone was pissed off when mosley was picked to fight manny? im not sure if this fight even sells that good. casual fans dont give a a rats !%! about shane mosley. thinking CBS is going to put a 24/7 type thing in a prime time slot? ya +#!%%%* right

1. i thought manny had a contract with HBO?

2. im with shannon on this. yes manny is a big name but you see how everyone was pissed off when mosley was picked to fight manny? im not sure if this fight even sells that good. casual fans dont give a a rats !%! about shane mosley. thinking CBS is going to put a 24/7 type thing in a prime time slot? ya +#!%%%* right

I feel you but I still feel like he'll sell well, fight fans were mad the fight was made still think casual fans will buy it.

Holyfield's fight ends in a no contest after a headbutt
laugh.gif
%#%! was brutal to watch.

I feel you but I still feel like he'll sell well, fight fans were mad the fight was made still think casual fans will buy it.

Holyfield's fight ends in a no contest after a headbutt
laugh.gif
%#%! was brutal to watch.

We know that man.
Montiel-Donaire is on HBO next month (which is an Arum card), they just signed Gamboa-Solis this week and that will be a bob Arum on HBO.

Back
Top Bottom