2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Man everybody knows what's up. Bob Arum put the fix in. The money would be lost had Pacquiao lost this fight. It's just a shame that Marquez has been robbed by the same fighter twice.

Maybe Pacquiao did have an off night, but if I was Mayweather I'd be looking to fight him now. It's clear a true boxer will give him problems that why he had trouble with Mosley (couldn't stop him because he kept circleing from the stright left hand that Pacquiao always throws) and he had problems with Marquez.

These last two years have been terrible as far as boxing decisions it's almost as bad as Olympic style judging. I feel exactly what Proshares is saying greedy promoters are killing the sport I've been watching since I was a kid. My cousin Winky Wright was saying this is like the fight he had with Fernando Vargas. It's a shame.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

So I have a question for all of you.

Do you now give credit to Floyd for beating JMM?

Marquez's style will always give Manny problems, doesn't matter how old he is.

But in the Mayweather fight, Floyd had every advantage. Height, Reach, Speed, Defense, and it was also Marquez's first fight at such a high weight.
He gets credit but yesterday doesn't give him more.

An okay win but not in his top 5.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

So I have a question for all of you.

Do you now give credit to Floyd for beating JMM?

Marquez's style will always give Manny problems, doesn't matter how old he is.

But in the Mayweather fight, Floyd had every advantage. Height, Reach, Speed, Defense, and it was also Marquez's first fight at such a high weight.
He gets credit but yesterday doesn't give him more.

An okay win but not in his top 5.

Just wanted to reiterate. JMM was #robbed.

The real P4P as follows

1. PBF (suck it haters, he never wasn't number 1)

2. Maravilla (you say he's not? he'll knock you the @$#% out too then)

3. JMM (the real)

The real P4P as follows

3. JMM (the real)

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Man everybody knows what's up. Bob Arum put the fix in. The money would be lost had Pacquiao lost this fight. It's just a shame that Marquez has been robbed by the same fighter twice.

Maybe Pacquiao did have an off night, but if I was Mayweather I'd be looking to fight him now. It's clear a true boxer will give him problems that why he had trouble with Mosley (couldn't stop him because he kept circleing from the stright left hand that Pacquiao always throws) and he had problems with Marquez.

These last two years have been terrible as far as boxing decisions it's almost as bad as Olympic style judging. I feel exactly what Proshares is saying greedy promoters are killing the sport I've been watching since I was a kid. My cousin Winky Wright was saying this is like the fight he had with Fernando Vargas. It's a shame.
So much truth, yet so disappointing. 

As far as PBF getting credit for beating JMM, I've always given him credit.

So much truth, yet so disappointing. 

As far as PBF getting credit for beating JMM, I've always given him credit.

I'm a big Manny fan but I'm an even bigger boxing fan and last night what I saw was Marquez getting the best of Manny. Judging from the post fight interview I think even Manny himself knew that he lost the fight 'cause he wasn't acting as humble as usually is after a win. It's very clear right now that if they fought, Mayweather would win.

I'm a big Manny fan but I'm an even bigger boxing fan and last night what I saw was Marquez getting the best of Manny. Judging from the post fight interview I think even Manny himself knew that he lost the fight 'cause he wasn't acting as humble as usually is after a win. It's very clear right now that if they fought, Mayweather would win.

Margs is a goon 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
My BBM was on Fire last nite!

ProShares was killing me too

He said he's thru yall can have the boxing thread and that I can make the 2012 thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I watched the fight again this morning, nothing changed in my opinion.

JMM fought a Beautiful fight. Grade A virtuoso performance

laugh.gif
I'll start the thread.  Last night was a little too much though.  Reinforced my belief that PBF eats Manny's food during a fight.  How you can have it 116-112 for Manny is beyond me.  At the very least, that fight was a draw.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
My BBM was on Fire last nite!

ProShares was killing me too

He said he's thru yall can have the boxing thread and that I can make the 2012 thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I watched the fight again this morning, nothing changed in my opinion.

JMM fought a Beautiful fight. Grade A virtuoso performance

laugh.gif
I'll start the thread.  Last night was a little too much though.  Reinforced my belief that PBF eats Manny's food during a fight.  How you can have it 116-112 for Manny is beyond me.  At the very least, that fight was a draw.

Unless Margs is gun shy from the beating he took from Pac, I don't see Cotto having the power to keep him from walking him down again. Not to mention I believe not having Manny as his trainer will impact Cotto.

Unless Margs is gun shy from the beating he took from Pac, I don't see Cotto having the power to keep him from walking him down again. Not to mention I believe not having Manny as his trainer will impact Cotto.

Cotto vs. Margs will be entertaining but i'm expecting the same ending.

yup...

lets see if the judges ruin the scorecards on this one if it goes the distance.....

Cotto vs. Margs will be entertaining but i'm expecting the same ending.

yup...

lets see if the judges ruin the scorecards on this one if it goes the distance.....

Man..December 3rd can't come soon enough...

MAC needs this fight bad.....

I've ridden with Cotto since day 1.... This is going to be huge for him personally. That Face Off was intense as #*$#
eek.gif

Man..December 3rd can't come soon enough...

MAC needs this fight bad.....

I've ridden with Cotto since day 1.... This is going to be huge for him personally. That Face Off was intense as #*$#
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

The real P4P as follows

3. JMM (the real)

Martinez
pimp.gif

hope Chavez jr steps up
Ive got Cotto by UD but he looked meh against Mayorga

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

The real P4P as follows

3. JMM (the real)

Martinez
pimp.gif

hope Chavez jr steps up
Ive got Cotto by UD but he looked meh against Mayorga

I really hope Cotto wins this one.

If he loses again and it's by TKO, then he's gonna have to consider retirement..

I really hope Cotto wins this one.

If he loses again and it's by TKO, then he's gonna have to consider retirement..

Back
Top Bottom