2011 Oscar Nominees Announced......

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Heavily Weighted

Christopher Nolan snubbed? AGAIN?!?!

such BS...how does he not get the nod / win for Inception as Director...

Richard Roeper put it best.

"No offense to Tom Hooper, but I'll bet Nolan could direct a pretty good "King's Speech." Could anyone else have directed "Inception"?"

this

and even though i haven't seen black swan.. i'm going say portman deserves best actress

but the 14 year old chick from true grit deserved to at least be nominated (just saw it last night.. enjoyed it)

Nope, he's a strong candidate, but Firth looks tough to beat. Between his performance from last year and another very Oscar friendly role, he looks poised to be the favorite.

Also, people whining and moaning about Leo and Inception still, WHY WOULD THE ACADEMY WANT TO SNUB LEO? He's already been nominated before, he's one of the best actors of his generation, he's not controversial or anything negative... maybe he didn't deserve the nomination this year. A lot of great actors didn't win it when they should have, not to mention most actors don't win several best actor Oscars, in fact the most is 2 for any male actor. Leo's going to get his, it won't make his body of work any less impressive.

He didn't deserve it for Inception, bottomline.

There's no way David O'Russel deserves that nomination more than Christopher Nolan. Complete disrespect. Without the proper direction, Inception would have been impossible to make. And even though Leo gave a great performance, it wasn't emotional enough to receive a nomination. All those nominees deserve it over him.

Andrew Garfield got snubbed as well. I was really hoping he would have received a nod. Anyways, I'm hoping The Social Network wins the big one. Movie is damn near flawless.

Andrew Garfield deserves some love for supporting actor
Inception was a revolutionary type movie no way does Chris not deserve a best director nomination the oscars are a joke

Originally Posted by JPZx

Coen bros suck
laugh.gif

No Country for Old Men is one of the best movies of all time. If you don't like that then I don't know what to tell you.
laugh.gif

No it's not. Good movie, great even but definitely not that.

did anyone watch the SAG awards last night?
It was pretty good from what I saw. Modern Family got it's due
pimp.gif
Other than that everything else was just about deserved and/or expected.

seen "the kids are alright" the other day....its a pretty good movie, doesnt stand a chance tho...and rightfutlly so.

Social Network is my pic for best picture....but i still gotta get around to seeing Kings Speech

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Heavily Weighted

Christopher Nolan snubbed? AGAIN?!?!

such BS...how does he not get the nod / win for Inception as Director...

Richard Roeper put it best.

"No offense to Tom Hooper, but I'll bet Nolan could direct a pretty good "King's Speech." Could anyone else have directed "Inception"?"

this

and even though i haven't seen black swan.. i'm going say portman deserves best actress

but the 14 year old chick from true grit deserved to at least be nominated (just saw it last night.. enjoyed it)

She got nominated for best supporting actress, which I think she should win.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Coen bros suck

laugh.gif

No Country for Old Men is one of the best movies of all time. If you don't like that then I don't know what to tell you.

I went into that movie with an open mind, I knew it had crazy hype and people loved it so I gave it a shot. I hated it. It was so slow, boring, I didn't like the story, it was a terrible movie IMO, as was "There Will Be Blood"

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

seen "the kids are alright" the other day....its a pretty good movie, doesnt stand a chance tho...and rightfutlly so.

Social Network is my pic for best picture....but i still gotta get around to seeing Kings Speech

"The Kids are Alright" was a really good film, but agreed, no chance to win. Nor should Bening win best actress...such BS if the Academy gives it to her.

I hope everyone does check out "The Kings Speech" just see it for yourself and see how good Firth is in it.

Back
Top Bottom