2011 playoff 13 retro.

og heads - are the 2011 playoff 13 retro the closest to the original out of any release year?
I've never owned the 13's and want the closest thing to the original in either the playoff's or breds to wear regularly.
Or am I better off trying to find a pair of the originals in either and doing a re-glue?

Actually scratch that re-glue idea - closest to og wearable retro out of playoff's, bred's or he got games please!

I played with my playoffs in my league games for my q3 and q4 seasons last year. Still good. Although I wished I sized down because the leather stretched quite a bit.

og heads - are the 2011 playoff 13 retro the closest to the original out of any release year?
I've never owned the 13's and want the closest thing to the original in either the playoff's or breds to wear regularly.
Or am I better off trying to find a pair of the originals in either and doing a re-glue?

The 2004 Black/Red XIII's were well done as well but with a few differences here and there that only people that had the originals can tell.

I miss my pair. I ended up selling them in 2013 in need of money at the time. One of the best retros that came out during that era for sure

Wore my 2011's the other day

Love my pair got them on release ....every time i wear them nowadays i always check and i'm scared to see any sole separation.
13s are tanks, as long as you wear em at least a few times a year they should hold up fine for a few more years without having to worry about any sole separation.

Is the shape/tongue/materials all pretty correct on the '04 breds, '11 playoffs and the '18 games? or is one closer to the original than another?

Well, these are my single favorite Air Jordan, going back to 1998. So naturally, I scrutinize any release of this shoe to the highest degree.

Other than the obvious downgrades from the original, i.e. leather/shape, my biggest gripe was the color change on the outsole.
Can you elaborate on this for me AIR J XIII AIR J XIII - you seem to know what you're on about. I could care less about the outsole as you don't really see that, more concerned with shape. Cheers.

I have no issues with the 2018 HGG. They look and feel like they did in 97. Everything about the shape and look are purely subjective or opinion. Minus the outsole, which AJ XIII showed me the differences, the 2011 meets all the standards to being a great retro. I like the 2016 Black a Red. The toe shape is off for sure. But the red is on point to the original in my opinion. The 2004 is out of range for everyday type wear unless your a person into restoration.
drunkmonk36 drunkmonk36 to me the best retro to have recently for regular wear is the 2018 white/blacks.

My 2011s still in good shape, look almost new because I cleaned them after every wear, but I still want a double up pair, these are worth it.

Idk, maybe, even if they fall apart, they're fixable, so it's a non issue at least for me at this point.

for me there is no reason to keep the shoe if its DS and not wearable

i been selling some of the shoes that came out at this time used and DS
i'm not into the sole swapping nonsense
the shoe will eventually retro

Last edited:
for me there is no reason to keep the shoe if its DS and not wearable

i been selling some of the shoes that came out at this time used and DS
i'm not into the sole swapping nonsense
the shoe will eventually retro

That's cool, I learned how to fix shoes, and it's fun to do as a hobby. XIII's don't require a sole swap if the outsole isn't shot to hell, just a re glue. To each their own though.

All XIII are wearable , if its separate reglue it , if the air pocket are too old replace with something like cork and voila .....

There is a bunch of original shoes for cheap , still time to get that true experience !!!

Can you elaborate on this for me AIR J XIII AIR J XIII - you seem to know what you're on about. I could care less about the outsole as you don't really see that, more concerned with shape. Cheers.
It’s not complicated, the leather on the OG is just better. The shape on the playoff retro isn’t as bad as the current 13s with the banana toe, and to be honest, most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference without putting on both versions back to back in person.

That's cool, I learned how to fix shoes, and it's fun to do as a hobby. XIII's don't require a sole swap if the outsole isn't shot to hell, just a re glue. To each their own though.
Reglueing is tough!I tried it on my OG white/black 13, And they did not come out right.

Then I trusted someone from a previous job to reglue my OG low black/blue 13s. Dude got fired and never got back in contact with me. Smh!!

Chutneys were a good retro as well.
Finally copped the retro and compare to my OG they are pretty spot on
6FB1B30A-317C-41F2-A803-B65AB9B237B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reglueing is tough!I tried it on my OG white/black 13, And they did not come out right.

Then I trusted someone from a previous job to reglue my OG low black/blue 13s. Dude got fired and never got back in contact with me. Smh!!

People go into doing that kind of stuff with the wrong approach. Like a lot of things, you kinda have to do some studying. It's not a 1,2,3 rush job. You have to take time and work carefully. I can't tell you how many videos and approaches I watched to make sure I was getting the technique right, and even still things can go wrong. Not only that, re-gluing shoes is not cookie cutter. Every different type of shoe you glue back has a different approach, you can't just slap glue on and put it together like a sandwich :lol:

People go into doing that kind of stuff with the wrong approach. Like a lot of things, you kinda have to do some studying. It's not a 1,2,3 rush job. You have to take time and work carefully. I can't tell you how many videos and approaches I watched to make sure I was getting the technique right, and even still things can go wrong. Not only that, re-gluing shoes is not cookie cutter. Every different type of shoe you glue back has a different approach, you can't just slap glue on and put it together like a sandwich :lol:

I’ve learned the hard way lol.
Never again, I did pm someone to see his prices. All my Og 13’s need reglue and he said 150 a pair. I nearly fell out of my seat!.

Back
Top Bottom