[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

Let's get the fantasy b-ball thread rolling for those of us who participate in it. Not as popular as football of course, but there are still a few NT'ers who I know are down to get a couple leagues going and to keep this thread somewhat alive.
No one likes people who constantly bicker about their fantasy teams in team threads so I thought this should help keep most of that away from those threads. 

So whose down to get a yahoo league goin for now?? 
pimp.gif

Is dunks the only category in your league?

But in all seriousness me and my boys are doin our fantasy bball this weekend. Thread will be used.

It was just a question meant to create some discussion. 
laugh.gif

I guess it worked? Changed the wording a little ok. 
tongue.gif

how does fantasy BBall work? is it similar to fantasy football? sorry for the noob questions

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

how does fantasy BBall work? is it similar to fantasy football? sorry for the noob questions
Its all by categories. Usually points/3s/rebounds/assists/fg & ft %/steals/blocks/turnovers
And you try to win each category and who ever has the most categories by the end of the week wins the matchup. The league I was in last year each category was a W. So if you took 8 categories you were 8-1. Im sure there are leagues who do 1 W per week depending on who wins the most categories. 

I actually like it a little better than football just because you have to get more all around players. You cant just have a guy who scores 26 a game but doesnt fill a box score. Its a little more skill building a team than football IMHO. Although both have their strategies to building a good team. 

we have a niketalk league going on right now, need 1 more player.
Yahoo
ID:5667
pw: talknike

please join only if you will play for the whole season (whether you're 1st or last in the league, or if you're not playoff bound) dont want any droppers

categories can be viewed in the settings

Its going to be my first time doing a bball fantasy... what site would be the best to do it?

Originally Posted by diew its james

we have a niketalk league going on right now, need 1 more player.
Yahoo
ID:5667
pw: talknike

please join only if you will play for the whole season (whether you're 1st or last in the league, or if you're not playoff bound) dont want any droppers

categories can be viewed in the settings

Why do alot of people prefer yahoo over espn? I think espn is better imo. anyone know that fantasy nba website where you can ask for advice and people can vote good or bad trade on your trades and pickups? I think it's called roto something but not rotowire.com?

This will be my fourth year playing fantasy. I have came in 3rd three years in a row. Every year during the playoffs a couple key guys get hurt and I end of losing to inferior teams. I like fantasy b-ball over football because it takes more "skill" to build a team. I football, I often think it's about being more lucky than good.

For all of you first time players, here is some advice:

#1 If possible take KD with #1 pick. Dude will fill stat sheet every night.
#2 Don't rush and take a point guard early. I took jose calderon with my #6 pick and he pick up better pg numbers with exception of rose,cp3 and d.will
#3 I have always liked the concept of building your team inside out. My first pick will be the player who can fill up as many categories as possible. My next 4-5 picks will be big men.
#4 Lastly, and most importantly, NEVER DRAFT/KEEP A PLAYER BASED ON HIS LAST NAME. It's not about what they used to do, it's about what they can and will do. For example, Tyler Hansborough and Reggie Evans will put up just as good rebounding numbers as most big names but will probably get drafted late or go undrafted.  I would always trade older big name players for a couple lesser known players and get more production out of them in the long run.

^honestly id rather take lebron with the first pick. also i wouldn't advise taking 4-5 bigmen in a row...i know the nba has a lack of quality big men but the first 4-5 rounds should be aimed towards filling in the SG/SF roles. good SG/SFs will fill up the stat sheet much better than big men. after you reach the 8th round and below there is a very small chance that you will find good 2's or 3's but you can still find a decent center and pg

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

#1 If possible take KD with #1 pick. Dude will fill stat sheet every night.
#2 Don't rush and take a point guard early. I took jose calderon with my #6 pick and he pick up better pg numbers with exception of rose,cp3 and d.will
#3 I have always liked the concept of building your team inside out. My first pick will be the player who can fill up as many categories as possible. My next 4-5 picks will be big men.
#4 Lastly, and most importantly, NEVER DRAFT/KEEP A PLAYER BASED ON HIS LAST NAME. It's not about what they used to do, it's about what they can and will do. For example, Tyler Hansborough and Reggie Evans will put up just as good rebounding numbers as most big names but will probably get drafted late or go undrafted.  I would always trade older big name players for a couple lesser known players and get more production out of them in the long run.
1) it's not clear-cut that KD is the #1 overall, but it's close. going with Durant #1 overall wouldn't be a bad choice.

2) you are either insane or joking because there is no way you just claimed that Calderon was a top 4 PG in fantasy last year and you took yourself seriously.

3) your draft position will always determine how your draft goes. sure you can grab Durant, LeBron, Wade, Paul with your "building concept" but then what happens when you fall in the bottom half of the draft order?

4) this is the only thing I agree with.

At the number 9 pick who would u guy take gasol or curry then 2 picks later who would u draft after

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

At the number 9 pick who would u guy take gasol or curry then 2 picks later who would u draft after
imo: curry, carmelo

Back
Top Bottom