[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

At the number 9 pick who would u guy take gasol or curry then 2 picks later who would u draft after

IMO Take Wall over Curry If he's available but if not go Curry then go Big...Say Love or STAT

Glad to see some interest, I'll be starting a Yahoo league later tonight. Will make it a 12 team league.
If you guys are interested PM me, first 11 will get the info later tonight when its made. 

Don't worry though, more leagues will be made if you dont make it into the first one.

The reason I say PM me is because i dont want outsiders (people who only lurk on NT) to sign up and fill the spots.

EDIT: League has been made. It's called NT Jungle

PM me for password/league ID number. I will get them sent to you after work.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

At the number 9 pick who would u guy take gasol or curry then 2 picks later who would u draft after

IMO Take Wall over Curry If he's available but if not go Curry then go Big...Say Love or STAT

i'd go dirk/dwilliams if possible. depends on yahoo or espn rankings though. yahoo has dirk at 10th and dwill at 13th but during the 7th-10th picks anything can happen. people can take amare at 8-10 or i've even seen blake go in the first round in a couple of drafts

8 spots left in this first league. PM me if your interested.
Please only sign up if you intend to play the whole entire year. Too many people frequently quit at some point in the year and it messes things up for the whole league.

Please play the whole way through whether your 1st or last. 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

^honestly id rather take lebron with the first pick. also i wouldn't advise taking 4-5 bigmen in a row...i know the nba has a lack of quality big men but the first 4-5 rounds should be aimed towards filling in the SG/SF roles. good SG/SFs will fill up the stat sheet much better than big men. after you reach the 8th round and below there is a very small chance that you will find good 2's or 3's but you can still find a decent center and pg

I would take KD over Lebron simply b/c Wade, Bosh would take shots away. KD is pretty much their 1st/2nd option. KD will also make more 3's, score more points, shoot a better ft% and is better at blocking shots.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

#1 If possible take KD with #1 pick. Dude will fill stat sheet every night.
#2 Don't rush and take a point guard early. I took jose calderon with my #6 pick and he pick up better pg numbers with exception of rose,cp3 and d.will
#3 I have always liked the concept of building your team inside out. My first pick will be the player who can fill up as many categories as possible. My next 4-5 picks will be big men.
#4 Lastly, and most importantly, NEVER DRAFT/KEEP A PLAYER BASED ON HIS LAST NAME. It's not about what they used to do, it's about what they can and will do. For example, Tyler Hansborough and Reggie Evans will put up just as good rebounding numbers as most big names but will probably get drafted late or go undrafted.  I would always trade older big name players for a couple lesser known players and get more production out of them in the long run.
1) it's not clear-cut that KD is the #1 overall, but it's close. going with Durant #1 overall wouldn't be a bad choice.

2) you are either insane or joking because there is no way you just claimed that Calderon was a top 4 PG in fantasy last year and you took yourself seriously.

3) your draft position will always determine how your draft goes. sure you can grab Durant, LeBron, Wade, Paul with your "building concept" but then what happens when you fall in the bottom half of the draft order?

4) this is the only thing I agree with.
You do know that calederon averaged 9 assists last season? Not claiming he is top 4 fantasy pg just stated there is value at the pg position later in the draft. All I'm sayin is that you don't need d.rose, cp3 or d.will to have success at the pg position in fantasy.

^honestly id rather take lebron with the first pick. also i wouldn't advise taking 4-5 bigmen in a row...i know the nba has a lack of quality big men but the first 4-5 rounds should be aimed towards filling in the SG/SF roles. good SG/SFs will fill up the stat sheet much better than big men. after you reach the 8th round and below there is a very small chance that you will find good 2's or 3's but you can still find a decent center and pg

I would take KD over Lebron simply b/c Wade, Bosh would take shots away. KD is pretty much their 1st/2nd option. KD will also make more 3's, score more points, shoot a better ft% and is better at blocking shots.
you can argue that westbrook will take shots away from kd. also lebron is definitely their 1st/2nd option, he will take as many 3's (might not make as many but will still make a lot), score about the same amount of points, and give you 6-7 assists. lebron averages just under a block a game and just above a steal a game. you can argue that KD gets more rebounds but lebron will still average 7 rebounds(and averaged more than KD last season). aside from his lack of blocks last year(which should increase from 0.6, his career low) and his ft%(which has always been around 75-78% range,not great but not terrible either), lebron was definitely a better fantasy player than KD. i would never choose KD over Lebron if i had a chance to take either, but its really how you build your team

#1 If possible take KD with #1 pick. Dude will fill stat sheet every night.
#2 Don't rush and take a point guard early. I took jose calderon with my #6 pick and he pick up better pg numbers with exception of rose,cp3 and d.will
#3 I have always liked the concept of building your team inside out. My first pick will be the player who can fill up as many categories as possible. My next 4-5 picks will be big men.
#4 Lastly, and most importantly, NEVER DRAFT/KEEP A PLAYER BASED ON HIS LAST NAME. It's not about what they used to do, it's about what they can and will do. For example, Tyler Hansborough and Reggie Evans will put up just as good rebounding numbers as most big names but will probably get drafted late or go undrafted.  I would always trade older big name players for a couple lesser known players and get more production out of them in the long run.
1) it's not clear-cut that KD is the #1 overall, but it's close. going with Durant #1 overall wouldn't be a bad choice.

2) you are either insane or joking because there is no way you just claimed that Calderon was a top 4 PG in fantasy last year and you took yourself seriously.

3) your draft position will always determine how your draft goes. sure you can grab Durant, LeBron, Wade, Paul with your "building concept" but then what happens when you fall in the bottom half of the draft order?

You do know that calederon averaged 9 assists last season? Not claiming he is top 4 fantasy pg just stated there is value at the pg position later in the draft. All I'm sayin is that you don't need d.rose, cp3 or d.will to have success at the pg position in fantasy.
ok? so what? here's a newsflash: assists are not the only counting stat for "PG numbers." numerous stats that you would expect from a PG, Calderon was severely lacking in aside from his value in AST.

first you claim that outside of Rose, Paul, and Deron, no one was better than Calderon at PG and now you're backtracking.

you can argue that westbrook will take shots away from kd. also lebron is definitely their 1st/2nd option, he will take as many 3's (might not make as many but will still make a lot), score about the same amount of points, and give you 6-7 assists. lebron averages just under a block a game and just above a steal a game. you can argue that KD gets more rebounds but lebron will still average 7 rebounds(and averaged more than KD last season). aside from his lack of blocks last year(which should increase from 0.6, his career low) and his ft%(which has always been around 75-78% range,not great but not terrible either), lebron was definitely a better fantasy player than KD. i would never choose KD over Lebron if i had a chance to take either, but its really how you build your team
it's not that definite, but it really depends as you said.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

how does fantasy BBall work? is it similar to fantasy football? sorry for the noob questions
Its all by categories. Usually points/3s/rebounds/assists/fg & ft %/steals/blocks/turnovers
And you try to win each category and who ever has the most categories by the end of the week wins the matchup. The league I was in last year each category was a W. So if you took 8 categories you were 8-1. Im sure there are leagues who do 1 W per week depending on who wins the most categories. 

I actually like it a little better than football just because you have to get more all around players. You cant just have a guy who scores 26 a game but doesnt fill a box score. Its a little more skill building a team than football IMHO. Although both have their strategies to building a good team. 

good looks on the breakdown
pimp.gif

if theres an extra spot, im in

I created an account on ESPN. I have ever played any fantasy sports so if someone could help me out.... I'd appreciate it.

ok? so what? here's a newsflash: assists are not the only counting stat for "PG numbers." numerous stats that you would expect from a PG, Calderon was severely lacking in aside from his value in AST.

first you claim that outside of Rose, Paul, and Deron, no one was better than Calderon at PG and now you're backtracking.
Severely lacking huh, let's look at some stats from last season:

3pt %
CP- 38% JC - 36%

FT%
CP- 88% JC 85%

RPG
CP- 4 JC - 3

So as you can see, there isn't much difference between a top 5 pg and my guy JC. The only area where CP clearly out-performs JC is in steals. CP avg twice as many steals as JC.

^he's just saying that there's other solid pg pickups in the draft other than the top pg's that go in the first 2 rounds(cp3, rose, dwill, steph curry, etc) like jose calderone, tony parker, devin harris, etc. not really much to argue. i wouldn't pick up a pg until the 5th round if i could snag up as many solid sg/sf's as possible

Severely lacking huh, let's look at some stats from last season:

3pt %
CP- 38% JC - 36%

FT%
CP- 88% JC 85%

RPG
CP- 4 JC - 3

So as you can see, there isn't much difference between a top 5 pg and my guy JC. The only area where CP clearly out-performs JC is in steals. CP avg twice as many steals as JC.
you cannot be that dense.

Calderon's FT% contribution isn't even that great when you consider he only takes 1.5 FTAs per game.
Interesting you don't count where Paul's scoring average is much better than Calderon's as well.
Paul takes more shots, and converts them at a better rate, making his FG% that much more valuable vs. Calderon.
I don't even know why you included 3PT% since it's not a standard scoring category.

The fact that you already know that Calderon doesn't get steals already makes him not that great a PG in fantasy.
He doesn't get STL, he doesn't get 3PTM, he doesn't put up a lot of PTS, which is a lot to be missing.

Calderon is maybe in the top 25 of PG eligible players in fantasy.

*edit*
just read this, and now I understand completely. Carry on.

This will be my fourth year playing fantasy. I have came in 3rd three years in a row.

^he's just saying that there's other solid pg pickups in the draft other than the top pg's that go in the first 2 rounds(cp3, rose, dwill, steph curry, etc) like jose calderone, tony parker, devin harris, etc. not really much to argue. i wouldn't pick up a pg until the 5th round if i could snag up as many solid sg/sf's as possible

That's all i was trying to say. At least I got through to somebody.

4 more spots left. PM me if you're serious about playing.
First 4 get into this league.

if theirs enough interest a 2nd league will be created.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

4 more spots left. PM me if you're serious about playing.
First 4 get into this league.

if theirs enough interest a 2nd league will be created.
I'm serious. I only want to play through yahoo. Too lazy to create another account

still looking for a few heads for an 8 team H2H category espn league (might play for $10 each) link:http://games.espn.go.com/...gueoffice?leagueId=47314 and 8-10 team h2h category yahoo league (playing for fun). It's a plus if you're on xbox live since some of the team owners, including myself, will be talking in a party chat during the draft and throughout the season. PM your email/360 GT

Back
Top Bottom