2012 New York Jets Off-season thread Vol. LDT reacts to Sanchez/Holmes.. Jets @ Rams in London?

bkmac

Banned
Too soon? Might as well have it made and ready to go. This thread should see plenty of traffic throughout the next few months.

What a disappointing season. Too much inconsistent play from all sides of the field (O, D, and ST). Was it really Sanchez regressing, or was it Schotty's fault? What was with the defense and their 4th quarter slack, and slack in general?

Changes need to be made. Players & coaches need to be changed/released. I will boycott if Mulligan and Wayne Hunter are on this team next season. They belong in the bottom of the Madden '12 FA Pool, below the Created-Players who have 0 stats across the board. Eric Smith I think I can tolerate, only if he is not starting at Safety.

What changes does everyone of Team Jets want to see? I guess we can start some brief posting and get into further detail when we find the energy and willpower
laugh.gif

I agree with everything you say BK. Add Holmes to the mix.

I think he has become a cancer. He may not have liked Schott, but there is no need to quit on your team.

Dont wanna see Peyton on the Jets but honestly if they made that addition the Jets will be a problem and the Jets/Pats games would be so fuggin dope
pimp.gif

@deemason85 Derrick Mason
One day I will open up & tell my side of story but for now, I'll let those who so called know "what went on" tell there story.

But I do hope Rex gets them back to where they were last year bc he's one of my favorite coaches!I bet I catch flack for that as well.

Sanchez will more than likely be back next year... oh well. I just want Schotty gone. That's it.

If Sanchez is our starting QB going in next year--we better get a legit every down RB. Sanchez just isn't the type of QB that will win us games throwing the ball 40+ times a game.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Sanchez will more than likely be back next year... oh well. I just want Schotty gone. That's it.
I seriously would welcome in Matt Flynn if we were able to sign/trade for him (not sure of his status at the end of the season). Not saying he should be deemed the starter, but bring him in to compete with Sanchez. Learning from Rodgers (who learned from Favre) > learning from Brunell, so it would definitely be interesting to see what Flynn could do in this offense.

And I agree about Schotty. He needs to go. Don't care where, but far away from here.

We need a LB that can cover a TE somewhat IMO because neither Harris nor Scott can. An OLB would be nice that could put pressure on the QB without the need of a blitz call would be great as well. A RT has to be priority though. The Jets use to run to that side all the time. But Wayne hunter blocks like his arms have been cut off. A trade for a new QB might bee needed as well as I am done with Sanchez as a Jets fan. He's just too inconsistent. Having no WR that is a burner is also a problem. I actually miss Braylon because he was a threat doing that.

And on that note we just have to have this years rookies to continue to improve. Curley has been great and Mohammad is young and will only get better. Scouts were saying that if he stayed this year he would have been a top 15 pick this year. Lets hope Ellis becomes a good DT as well.

I don't see how the Jets can realistically bring back Mark Sanchez; he is Matt Cassell lite which isn't saying much

Our window is rapidly closing and our best chance to win it all was in 09. Don't have confidence in this team/franchise anymore to be honest. The only was for us to be serious contenders next year we need to make these move.

- Fire Schotty

- Get a real pass rusher and run stopper through free agency or the draft

- Get TWO new starting safeties Eric Smith is by far the worst starting S in the NFL and Leonhard is injury riddled , small , and slow.

- Draft , Trade , or sign A REAL #1 playmaking WR . Cut or trade Holmes after that

- Cut Bart Scott dude is slow as hell and can't tackle for $#@!. He's worthless

- Last but not least try your best to get rid of Sanchez . I don't even want to talk about his shortcomings but he just needs to go period. Doubt it happens and if we actually take care of all the other problems listed and this guy is still starting we still won't win anything.

Get rid of schott thats #1.  Get a pass rusher thats #2.  Wayne Hunter, Eric Smith, Mulligan, Wilson are cut.  Sanchez is here to stay but I would look at all options to get rid of him.  Burress probably doesn't want to come back but I would sign him for another year if possible. It's LT's choice whether to retire or come back but if he leaves I would think about giving Joe Mcknight a shot. 

idk i just hope we do some real good moves because we need to win that trophy already

this team .......

too heartbroken to do this right now ..... gotta change my avy too .....

Make norv turner the OC if San Diego fires him.

Bring in a capable backup qb

Take the captain C off santonio Holmes jersey if he's back next season.

Improve the O line.

Find a decent pass rusher.

And lastly, no unnecessary chatter from Rex. Let the team fly under the radar next season

How do you guys expect to make all these changes when we have a cheap owner/GM? This isnt 08 when we made all those signings.

BTW, Ray Rice is a free agent after the season ends. Did he sign an extension this year? We could really use him if he gets into free agency.

I agree with pretty much everything you posted here. I'd like to add something. We need a playmaker/Ed Reed type under Rex. I know it's impossible to find one like Reed and Polamalu. Use Greene as a RB2 next year. Find a better RB than Greene if Sanchez comes back or not.

Depth on the oline. Nobody could do great with that protection. Sanchez seem to always be dodging defenders within 3 seconds
New faster safeties and LB
I don't have a problem with Scott. He did his responsibilities. I have a problem Pace he has never proven his worth in his tenure

I always wanted Bray over Holmes. I can't see how him and Sanchez can co-exist. That guy might be a cancer
He did call out the o-line in the media. He should learn to get open

Most importantly a new kicker and Punter. I rather had saw Dodge out there instead on Conley

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting (here) the Jets will cut Bart Scott. Ol loud mouth wanted Scott & Zibby, neither had much impact....He better fire up Woody Johnson's jet & show up on Norv's doorstep & beg him to be the OC....Sanchez has all the tools to be a solid QB. Yes he made some bone headed INTs but he played under a lot of duress this year. The Jet O-Line was terrible this year. I don't know what happened to Brick & Mangold. Jets had no running game this year either. Jets need a good OC, O-Line, RB, & pass rush...

Was Deadset also first in the Yankees off-season thread? Hahaha.

To answer your question, yes too soon. I'm still grieving.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Sanchez has all the tools to be a solid QB.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Can we stop the madness? Sanchez has proven himself to be inefficient and unreliable. He's constantly the laughing stock of the league and also the main contributing factor in bringing the "same old Jets" moniker back to life in each of the past 3 seasons. Give the team the #1 defense and running game and we're in the AFC championship. Take it away and we're 8-8, embarrassed, mocked, out of the playoffs and playing second fiddle AGAIN. Give us any QB capable of making a proper completion and we would've won one already. There's no way they can bring that kid back. The learning phase has long been over and he's proven that he's not ready for the big stage. Let him go to Seattle under his old buddy and get a grip on what it means to be an NFL QB. 4.5 decades of futility and counting. We're right there and falling backwards. Now's not the time to ease off the gas and run with a project. He's had enough of a chance. It's time to move on.

As far as what we need? Same old story. RT, S, LB, DE, WR, QB.

Big changes need to be made... Amazing how quickly they went from legit contender to needing to rebuild.

1) Replace Schottenheimer and see what Sanchez could do under a new OC
2) GET A PASS RUSHER!!! They ignored this in the offseason and it cost them
3) revamp the receiving corps
4) add a LB if possible

Easier said they done, but that's what they need to do.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Sanchez WILL be our starting QB going next year--we better get a legit every down RB.   
Fix. Like Batman needed robin my dude sanchez needs a RB.

Rex Ryan better keep talking. Nothing wrong with that.
Don't let female type players like jacobs bring you down. jacobs feelings were hurt even after they won.
30t6p3b.gif

Next season gonna be CRAY.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom