2012 New York Jets Off-season thread Vol. LDT reacts to Sanchez/Holmes.. Jets @ Rams in London?

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

ole one cheeseburger away from cardiac arrest the only thing i should guarantee is diabetes or an early death lookin bwoi.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
the hate is strong with this one. 
laugh.gif
No hate at all. I would give Jest more respect if their organization had class.  All they need to do is look at the real NY team's coach. 
Coughlin knows how to handle himself.  He doesn't run his mouth.  He produces a better team.  The sad thing is, he is on the hot seat every season.

Man why hasn't Ryan been fired yet.

The Jets are like the Mets and the Giants Yanks.  True story.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Jets aren't as much of a mess right now as everybody thinks. Regardless, I think it's a good thing that players and fans have this open dialogue as to what they'd like to see happen with the team. Whens the last time you had an abundance of players reiterating the same exact things that fans were saying? Normally you're just stuck with whatever mess management decides to put out on the field. These days you have fans pressuring teams to make moves and now we have our players putting the pressure on too. Over the last ten or so years the Jets normally make it into the playoffs here or there to squeek out one win and whimper back into the abyss with a "good job little fella" pat on the back. We didn't even have a losing season and the scenario has completely been turned on its head. I'm loving it.

my thoughts as well.   it was an underacheiving year no doubt about it, hell a year in which damn near everything that could go wrong on and off the field went wrong and they still finished 8-8.  seeing them go from 8-5 to 8-8 sucked though.  

it's hard to fly under the radar with me as the coach but i'm going to stay quiet this offseason and hopefully 2012 is a solid rebound year for the team.

just listened to rex on with mike francesa and dude sounds totally overwhelmed . he sounds like a defensive coordinator who just took over for the guy who got fired.

i love the guy's fire and intentions but i'm just about convinced he's not a head coach ...... hope i'm wrong .....

Originally Posted by onewearz

just listened to rex on with mike francesa and dude sounds totally overwhelmed . he sounds like a defensive coordinator who just took over for the guy who got fired.

i love the guy's fire and intentions but i'm just about convinced he's not a head coach ...... hope i'm wrong .....
You can tell this season progressed unexpectedly.
I think it's a blessing in disguise somewhat when it comes to his coaching style. This past season was a huge learning lesson for him, and I think it humbled him down a bit.
Sure his brash style was successful for the first couple of seasons, however, you've got to be a disciplinarian at times as well. At least he knows that now.
Pretty happy that he'll also drop the annual "we're going to be in the superbowl" prediction talk.
His main focus right now, like I said... is to fix the chemistry and morale of the team.

“If they want Mark Sanchez to be a great quarterback, they need to have a blue-chip running back around him. If they want to be ground and pound, then you can’t be ground and pound and [tight end] Dustin Keller can’t block anybody. It’s tough to be ground and pound when everybody knows the tight end isn’t going to block anyone. So now you have to substitute to get the blocking tight end in. And, oh yeah, by the way we’re going to run now that [Matthew] Mulligan is in the game. Why don’t you just put up a red flag that you’re going to run it? I think they need to change their roster to suit that [style]. I don’t think Shonn Greene is the guy to be the blue-chip running back.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jets extend QB Sanchez's contract by 3 years[/h1]
http://
NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Jets have extended quarterback Mark Sanchez's contract by three years and dropped out of pursuing free agent Peyton Manning.

The team announced the extension for Sanchez in a conference call Friday night, and general manager Mike Tannenbaum says the Jets "looked at'' going after Manning before deciding to stick with Sanchez.

Sanchez had two years remaining on the deal he signed when the Jets made him a first-round draft pick in 2009,

Sanchez led the team to the AFC championship game as a wild card in his first two seasons, but struggled as the Jets lost their last three games in 2011 to finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

That led to speculation they would pursue Manning, who was released by the Colts on Wednesday.

New York is in the market for a backup quarterback after Mark Brunell served in that role for two seasons. But Sanchez remains the man, as coach Rex Ryan has insisted he would be.

Link

resize

You know what, at the end of the day Sanchez is 23 and Brady/Peyton(maybe) are 35+.. It's crunch time for them as their careers start winding down. And with a consistently better defense and forever evolving offense I'll take us over anybody. F it let's get ready for 2012. I'm gonna go get a damn snack. 

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

You know what, at the end of the day Sanchez is 23 and Brady/Peyton(maybe) are 35+.. It's crunch time for them as their careers start winding down. And with a consistently better defense and forever evolving offense I'll take us over anybody. F it let's get ready for 2012. I'm gonna go get a damn snack. 

Well
He went from 17 tds to 26 showing progress. Completion percentage goes up each yr. He shows he wants it working with Pennington. The run game fell off last year (4th to 22nd) so help is needed there (not all on sanchez).  Burress will be in better shape, too. The signing also opens up cap space for now. Maybe sign a right tackle?

This mark Sanchez signing kind of makes me want to jump off the George Washington bridge...

Out of all my years following my pathetic franchises, Jets, Mets and Knicks....This might be the single $*%*%*% stupidest thing I've ever seen one of them do. In what world, has this guy done anything to warrant an extension? In what world does this guy deserve to get paid like a top 10 QB. Jobs are going to be lost this year when this team ends up 4-12.

I swear if Revis leaves this bum $@@ team in a few year man...SMFH.

I told my friend that I'm about to revoke my Jets fanhood and become a giants fan. This is ridiculous!!!!

i reserve judgement on the sanchez extension until i see his performance next season.

i had no problem going into 2012 with him as the starter and developing him while fixing flaws that would give problems to almost any 3rd year qb but why give him an extension right now, i just don't get that.  there has to be some type of reasoning behind the scenes though,  i figured peyton wasn't trying to go to the jets but i'm really curious to the reasoning behind extending him.

i hope and feel he's due for a bounce back season and working with chad pennington to get a feel for tony sporanos offense is a good look on his part.

i will say this, if their extending him and investing in him for that long then the diapers and babying needs to stop. let him show what he has this season without the leash schotty had on him at times, if he throws a pick i don't want to see them panic and put him on a leash after making a mistake.

jets are doing this to save face because they would love for peyton to come here but its very obvious peyton doesnt want to come to the jets
they remedied that diss by saying hey, we dont need you cuz we got sanchez..even tho deep inside they know sanchize is a bum.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

laugh.gif
My football and basketball teams are jokes

At least we got the yanks, but even thst is boring im spoiled as hell with their success

This. It's almost parade or get off my radar status.
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i had no problem going into 2012 with him as the starter and developing him while fixing flaws that would give problems to almost any 3rd year qb but why give him an extension right now, i just don't get that. 

i hope and feel he's due for a bounce back season and working with chad pennington to get a feel for tony sporanos offense is a good look on his part.
The extension helps the Jets more than it does Sanchez. Now his guaranteed money is spread across more years. With his reduction in base salary this year the Jets free'd up about $6.5M in cap space. Tannenbaum is smart. The Jets were limited on cap space and he's just been renegotiating with everybody who's locked in to free space to fix the Jets problems.
Read more here.

I mean as bad as we supposedly were last year we still finished at 8-8 with multiple blown opportunities to sneak into the playoffs. And who knows what would've happened if we had actually made it in again. As long as we have Rex you know we'll have a top 5 defense and that has helped us outlast the rest of our division in 2 of the last 3 years. What happened last year will light the fire under this team and cause it to get its stuff together.

Back
Top Bottom