**2012 OFFICIAL NBA ALL STAR : DUNK CONTEST THREAD!!** vol. J-EVANS, CHASE, GEORGE, D-WILL (R)

(tried searching, but couldn't find any previous thread)

With the 2012 All-Star game starters/reserved announced, who's going to be participating in the Slam Dunk Contest? Better yet, who do YOU want to see in this year's Dunk Contest?

My choices:

1) Blake Griffin (even tho he is 50/50 on participating, he should participate just to prove his dunks last year weren't simply won off of props & gimmicks)

2) Russell Westbrook

3) Paul George

4) Jeremy Evans

------------------------------------------
EDIT:

Official Participants:

1) Jeremy Evans
2) Chase Budinger
3) Paul George
4) Derrick Williams

I think Iman Shumpert is gonna be in it........

I would like to see Bill Walker, Chase Budinger, Paul George, Tyler Honeycutt

^^^ i agree with em all except tyler (
frown.gif
and i know him personally)

I always thought DeRozan was good, but yeah I love Iguodala.

Westbrook would be fun too.

I saw him dunk yesterday, it was probably the fastest I've ever seen anyone go up for a dunk. He was so damn fast.
sick.gif

blake's dunks are so so. it's his in game dunks that are exciting. it's been 9 years and no lebron...smh, is he that afraid to lose face if he doesn't win the contest?

as big of a LBJ fan as i am, dude has no creativity whatsoever when it comes to his dunks. its just power. he woulda won in the 80's, but not now.

Originally Posted by wcghost

as big of a LBJ fan as i am, dude has no creativity whatsoever when it comes to his dunks. its just power. he woulda won in the 80's, but not now.
Pretty much, and that goes for most of the dunkers today.

Like my man Perkins said, LeBron just wants attention. Doesn't he say he is thinking about being in it every damn year? I wouldn't even want to see him in it honestly.

If I had to pick 4 people to be in it.

Rudy Gay
Iguodala
McGee
Paul George
(Or is someone signs James White LOL)

Why do you all want to see Westbrook? He is a game dunker. I can't see him doing anything worth looking at in a dunk contest.

Yes. LeBron literally ever yr claims he is going to be in it or think about it next time. It's not always his fault though really. If you're Fred Jones and you just won the dunk contest and you see Cheryl Miller go interview LeBron about it first before interviewing you, I mean LeBron just gets put on the spot.

Everybody's a game dunker when you have only seen them dunk in games. We could have already seen Westbrook in one but yall's (yall being everyone not me) dumbasses voted damn Rudy Fernandez in.

I want any of these big guys- DeAndre Jordan, Javale McGee, Sean Williams, Dwight Howard
any of these smalls- Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Terrico White, Jeremy Pargo, Von Wafer
and I guess 2 out of Josh Smith, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Michael Beasley

and I agree someone should sign James White or Mr 720/ Air Up There or Jamaal "Springs" Nelson just for the dunk contest and merchandising potential, if we can gps Marcus Haislip, Gerald Green, Pops Mensah Bomnsu, and Paul McPherson

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yes. LeBron literally ever yr claims he is going to be in it or think about it next time. It's not always his fault though really. If you're Fred Jones and you just won the dunk contest and you see Cheryl Miller go interview LeBron about it first before interviewing you, I mean LeBron just gets put on the spot.

Everybody's a game dunker when you have only seen them dunk in games. We could have already seen Westbrook in one but yall's (yall being everyone not me) dumbasses voted damn Rudy Fernandez in.

I want any of these big guys- DeAndre Jordan, Javale McGee, Sean Williams, Dwight Howard
any of these smalls- Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Terrico White, Jeremy Pargo, Von Wafer
and I guess 2 out of Josh Smith, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Michael Beasley

and I agree someone should sign James White or Mr 720/ Air Up There or Jamaal "Springs" Nelson just for the dunk contest and merchandising potential, if we can gps Marcus Haislip, Gerald Green, Pops Mensah Bomnsu, and Paul McPherson

Terico and Juvie Green are in the D-League.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

1. LeBron needs to understand how not to fall for the bait. He has been getting interviews since he was 15, he should know better by now. I can't buy that excuse.
2. Yea that Rudy "My best dunk is a reverse alley" Fernandez nonsense had me scratching my head too.

3. Pargo = Nate Robinson. We have seen his style before.

I would like to see Blake and James go at it. They both have ridiculous power and I know they could put on a show. Now who knows if James will even consider participating.

I was mad hype to Iman Shumperts vertical this year.. he was violating in summer league.. but he barely dunks in game. His knees look shot for the season.

Javale McGee
Shumpert
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin

although I'm sure Rose would NEVER do it but he dunks the most ferociously for a PG I've ever seen

^ Westbrook dunks harder imo.

JaVale McGee said he wants to do it again
DeAndre Jordan said he'll do it if Blake Griffin isn't in it

I want to see Derozen give it another shot

My picks
Shumpert
Paul George
Derozen (even though I have a feeling he wont be in it this year)
Jeremy Evans

Shumpert has all of that !#$* around/on his legs. Looks like he is in pain when he plays. Same with Rose.

Yea I forgot Shumpert and all those dunks he was doing at the Vegas Summer League, throw Jeremy Evans name in there too. Eric Bledsoe can get up too.

Wait where is Rodney Carney playing? Where is Deron Washington? Where is Stanley Roberts?

End of the day, I still haven't seen any of those NBA dudes so stuff TeamFlight Brothers has been doing for years. I think Terrico would be the closest since he hit that 360 between the legs at media day, but the "Double Up" (person stands holding the ball with their arms fully extended above their head, dunker jumps over them and takes the ball out of their hand and 360 and/or between the legs and/or windmill and/or reverse and/or under both legs and/or put your arm in the rim), I've never seen any NBAer even do the Troy McCray (go up with the ball cocked in 2 hands like you are going to power dunk it, wait for a second, bring it down and windmill) other than Von Wafer in warmups of the first game of the season, between the legs elbow hang off 1 or 2 feet (Kenny Dobbs and Yann DeBlaine), 2 ball dunk where you dunk one extended then windmill the other, between the legs from the FT line (is going to be Rodney Carney or James White), 360 between the legs spinning the opposite direction (Deron Washington, saw Nate somewhat do it but was much less of a rotation), 360 between the legs spinning the wrong way off of a lob (Golden Child), 540 with windmill (TDub).

People say we have seen everything, but we kind of haven't, especially in terms of seeing an NBAer do those dunks.

I still think Mr 720 aka Air Up There is going to get that between each legs (like a scissor kick under each individually, not the way Justin Darlington goes under both) dunk down eventually. WHen he was just messing around and trying it for the timing but not attempting to dunkj, he seemed very close

Im still 
mad.gif
to this day that Josh Smith wasn't able to do more damage that 2nd year he was in it. He drew so much hype with where he put the tape that when he didn't dunk from there everyone was dissapointed & there was his night.
laugh.gif
Still wish he got one more year in
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom