2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Opinions on ranking best TE option for the rest of the year? Celek, Rudolph, Martellus Bennett....

I'm thinkin Bennett is the clear #3 of the group though he's played great through 2 weeks.

They're all on the WW.....I'm thinking Celek is the best overall option?

Should I start shopping Run DMC? I know his value is at a low, but if I can grab a Reggie Bush or Marshawn per se- should I pull the trigger?
No, I prefer Marshawn to Reggie unless it's a PPR league. But either way, DMC for Marshawn or Bush straight up is not even close to enough. It would take either RB and a WR2/WR3 to even consider seriously.

Opinions on ranking best TE option for the rest of the year? Celek, Rudolph, Martellus Bennett....
I'm thinkin Bennett is the clear #3 of the group though he's played great through 2 weeks.
They're all on the WW.....I'm thinking Celek is the best overall option?
Rudolph, Celek, Bennett for me. Bennett has world-class athleticism but he's inconsistent and drops the football. Rudolph could be a Ponder security blanket. Celek had a monster W2 but that was with Mac9 and D-Jax both battling injuries.

Colston and Dez should be able to get me what caliber RB + filler?
Together or separately?

Colston and Dez together should get you a RB1 and WR2. Separately, Colston should command a RB2 or WR2. Someone like D. Bowe or Stevie Johnson. Reggie Bush. Dez should command a better RB2 or WR2 like Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Wes Welker.

Here's my team:

Donnie Avery
Dennis Pitta
Mikel Leshoure are on the Waivers, i have the #1 spot in the Waivers.

PPR League

Who should I be targeting/dropping?

NOTE: I have one empty spot in my roster as well.

Thanks heaps!

Last edited:
I would add Leshoure with your empty roster spot and #1 waiver priority. Could push K. Smith for the starting job. We really don't know because he hasn't played a down in regular season NFL football.

I'd add Pitta for Celek because W2 will not be a re-occurrence and Pitta's getting steady targets from Flacco.

Would consider dropping Rice for Avery, but not immediately.

Question, i think i have depth at WR.

im trying to trade for M. Lynch

you think i could offer one of these WRs straight UP? and who would you do?

Jordy Nelson
Julio Jones
D.Thomas
Reggie Wayne

I also have washington and cobb on the bench

my starting RBs are CJ28 / Forte with Morris on the bench

:nerd:

I would add Leshoure with your empty roster spot and #1 waiver priority. Could push K. Smith for the starting job. We really don't know because he hasn't played a down in regular season NFL football.

I'd add Pitta for Celek because W2 will not be a re-occurrence and Pitta's getting steady targets from Flacco.

Would consider dropping Rice for Avery, but not immediately.

Leshoure is going to be the number 1 back soon and is going to get goalline carries right away.

Last edited:
Question, i think i have depth at WR.
im trying to trade for M. Lynch
you think i could offer one of these WRs straight UP? and who would you do?
Jordy Nelson
Julio Jones
D.Thomas
Reggie Wayne
I also have washington and cobb on the bench
my starting RBs are CJ28 / Forte with Morris on the bench
:nerd:
I would start with an offer of Reggie Wayne. Then Wayne and Washington or Cobb for Marshawn. More likely, if the opposing manager is wise, they'll ask you to part with Demaryius.

Leshoure is going to be the number 1 back soon and is going to get goalline carries right away.
Which is why I recommend him utilizing that #1 waiver priority and filling the empty roster spot.

Leshoure showed out at Illinois. Could be close to Mendy if he avoids off-the-field trouble.

^ How are either of those 2 available?

Definitely claim Bush (especially with Forte being questionable right now; plus no worse than a goal-line timeshare even when Forte is healthy).

Should I claim Kevin Smith or Michael Bush?

Bush plays an improved Rams defense

Lions play suspect titans defense, and Leshoure is coming back....

i call Bush

Last edited:
Should I claim Kevin Smith or Michael Bush?
Bush, by a country mile. New starter in Chicago with Forte out. Actually a good RB too, showed it in Oakland. Has Michael Turner-type potential when he broke out of San Diego. K. Smith's best value is behind him with Leshoure inching closer to a return and Best's status up in the air.

:lol:

Yeah we playing for money (not much tho, $50 each..$300 )...this is my first FF tbh. So I'm just trying to see what wins and what to look at for, gaining experience. I'm a rookie..

As far as the league, well I pretty easily picked up Aaron Rodger and Megatron (2nd rd) on draft day so.....:rolleyes

:lol:
Yeah we playing for money (not much tho, $50 each..$300 )...this is my first FF tbh. So I'm just trying to see what wins and what to look at for, gaining experience. I'm a rookie..
As far as the league, well I pretty easily picked up Aaron Rodger and Megatron (2nd rd) on draft day so.....:rolleyes

Elite players for the most are gonna get their points

when it comes to seconadry players, play the match ups.

Unless you have a top tier defense, play the match ups also.

and buy low and sell high when it comes to break out players

Morris the past 2 weeks in Wash for example.

Just got offered Jamaal Charles for CJ2K and I pulled the trigger immediately :lol: :smokin :smokin hopefully Charles' knee can hold up :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom