2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

How do you guys feel about Ryan Williams RB for Cardinals?
He's Beanie Wells' backup. I traded Mike Vick and Donald Brown for him. I have Big Ben as my backup QB and I just picked up Shaun Hill, the backup for the Lions.
My roster now looks like this:
QB - Shaun Hill
RB - Marshawn Lynch
Doug Martin
WR - Andrew Hawkins
Julio Jones
Brandon Marshall
TE - Dennis Pitta
Flex - Andre Roberts
DST - Giants
K - Blair Wlash
Bench (QB) Roethlisberger, Ben
Bench (RB) Mendenhall, Rashard
Bench (RB) Williams, Ryan
Bench (WR) Bess, Davone
Bench (WR) Williams, Mike
Bench (DST) Saints
Bench (K) Gould, Robbie
Who should I bench for Ryan Williams against Miami?
Thank.
Love Ry Williams. He's a stud waiting to breakout and W3 against Philly was the first-stepping stone. Second sign of progress is Beanie hitting the IR, it's now Ry's clear backfield to own and get comfortable with regular carries and touches. Miami, STL, Buffalo, and Minny in the next four weeks. Favorable match-ups.

With that being said, I'd start Ry this week over Dre Roberts, and maybe even Mike Williams over Hawkins, potentially. Could see Williams grabbing a TD against Washington's secondary. Either him or V-Jax should/will.

so your thinking nicks over jeffrey & boldon too ......
not counting on eli going off on my eagles im starting peyton
Nicks definitely over Jeffery and Q Boldin. If you need someone for Garcon, who I don't think will play, start Boldin tonight over Jeffery on MNF. More consistent option (Boldin is) and no Joe Haden on the field.

trade: my eli and dmc for rodgers and ryan williams?

my rb's are dmc, leshoure, bradshaw, fred jackson, donald brown
No deal. Leaves you with no RB1. Eli not that far behind Rodgers. Told you guys in preseason, Eli is a severely underrated as a Q in Fantasy Football.

Ryan Williams has a decent schedule over the next few weeks.
Yes, sir. Let that boy cook. He'll show you guys starting against Miami. I believe in Ry.

I got proposed Rice for Megatron
My rbs are Rice, McFadden, Spiller, Leshoure, and Andre Brown
My WRs are Nicks, Lloyd. Demayrius, Bowe, and Britt
Its not a Ppr so my rational mind says no but the Lion fan in me wants Megatron
No deal, my man. What if Stafford is out a prolonged period of time? Can't even think about Shaun Hill leading the Lions.

So I missed out on Quizz's big game last week...should I start him this week?

in a PPR league

I have

Andre Johnson
Djax

Dangelo Williams
Woodhead (in place of Spiller)

Santonio Holmes

is he worth replacing anyone?
I'd start him over Woodhead, Santonio, and DeAngelo in that order. Quizz is valuable as a third-down, change-of-pace back. Can catch.

ChampCruThik....
Need your thoughts...trade Spiller for LeShoure or hold tight? I just think when Spiller gets back he'll be sharing the backfield with ol Freddy...
I'd stay put but if you really want Leshoure, ask for Leshoure and WR/RB Filler for Spiller. Sell him higher, if you do decide to do so.

I have Forte and Bush in a deep league with no decent replacement options which one do I start?
Bush. Forte iffy to play and how much can he truly offer immediately post-injury?

Thanks ChampCruThik...
No problem, bud. Don't hesitate to keep the questions coming.

Who should i start at the flex(non ppr league):
Ben Tate @ home vs Tenn
T. Choice @ home vs NE
Titus Young vs Min
I'm leaning towards Tate but not sure
Trust your gut. I'd personally go Titus, Tate, and Choice in that order.

start 2: chris johnson, ryan williams, dez bryant, kevin ogletree
:x
Dez, Ry, CJ2K, and Ogletree in that order. CJ2K no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt, plus there's no running lanes open. Ogletree cooled off considerably since the W1 surprise.

Dez & Ryan.
:lol: Sick avy, AG.

Switched up the trade offer i got yesterday. Went from this:

To this:

I've been trying to get rid of Turner all year, I think Quizz will take over sooner rather than later. I've also begun hearing today that Hernandez is healing ahead of schedule. Plus I really like Leshoure, have since before the season started. I'm probably gonna accept this trade, just wanna hear any opinions on it.

Last edited:
Props brotha
Appreciate it, my dude. Don't hesitate to keep 'em coming. I'll be around most of the night before Ravens vs. Browns.

Switched up the trade offer i got yesterday. Went from this:

To this:

I've been trying to get rid of Turner all year (Quizz will take over soon). I've begun hearing today that Hernandez is healing ahead of schedule. Plus I really like Leshoure, have since before the season started. I'm probably gonna accept this trade, just wanna hear any opinions on it.
I like what you're trying to do. Any way you can wrangle away Bradshaw (instead of Simpson) and Leshoure in a package deal?

Champ's Call: I'm comfortable starting Pitta and Rudolph at TE in any and all leagues, but my take is that Rudolph out-scores Pitta. I think Pitta gets receptions, yards, and targets, but no TD. I think Rudolph gets less of everything but culminates his W4 with a receiving touchdown.

Love Ry Williams. He's a stud waiting to breakout and W3 against Philly was the first-stepping stone.

Absolutely agree. I have a rather big man crush on the kid that I'm not afraid to admit :lol: If that Cardinals o-line is consistent and Beanie stays well, Beanie, then the kid should be in line for a very solid season.

^^ Nah, he said if I get Leshoure I don't get Bradshaw. He's not interested in anyone on my team other than those involved in the new trade and Ryan Williams, and adding him won't make him add Bradshaw.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. I have a rather big man crush on the kid that I'm not afraid to admit :lol: If that Cardinals o-line is consistent and Beanie stays well, Beanie, then the kid should be in line for a very solid season.
No Romo, I have long confessed a heterosexual "man crush" for Cristiano Ronaldo and Harvey Specter (played by Gabriel Macht).

Liking Ry as a football player says a lot because his main competition was a Buckeye. I'm loyal to my teams but the writing was on the wall.

^^ Nah, he said if I get Leshoure I don't get Bradshaw. He's not interested in anyone on my team other than those involved in the new trade and Ryan Williams, and adding him won't make him add Bradshaw.
Right call to favor Leshoure's value over 16 games compared to Bradshaw. Wilson and Brown are pushing Ahmad, while K. Smith is seemingly no longer a factor in Detroit.

Good lookin' out ChampCruThik. Repped.
You got it, brotha. Anytime.

Props brotha
Appreciate it, my dude. Don't hesitate to keep 'em coming. I'll be around most of the night before Ravens vs. Browns.

Thanks, and speaking of the Ravens...in my standard scoring league

I currently have

Greg Jennings

Steve Johnson

Gates

I have the option of Pitta or Lance Moore for the Flex

Insider reccommended:

Pitta at TE, Lance at Flex, bench Gates

Thoughts?

I currently have

Greg Jennings
Steve Johnson
Gates

Insider reccommended:

Thoughts?
I can agree with that, unfortunately for Gates. He's been inconsistent this early season. Always battling numerous injuries. I also feel SD loses to KC on the road, but Mathews has a strong game.

Pick 5 out of
Trent Richardson
Ray Rice
Mikel Leshoure
STEVE SMITH
Torrey Smith
Dwayne Bowe

Well of course I am going with rice so pick 4

Its also a PPR

Last edited:
Pick 5 out of
Trent Richardson
Ray Rice
Mikel Leshoure
STEVE SMITH
Torrey Smith
Dwayne Bowe
Well of course I am going with rice so pick 4
Ray, Bowe, Torrey, Leshoure. I like Trent but I'm sitting him against Baltimore DEF. Smitty may not have a good week if Atlanta's defense is legit under Nolan.

I currently have

Greg Jennings
Steve Johnson
Gates

Insider reccommended:

Thoughts?
I can agree with that, unfortunately for Gates. He's been inconsistent this early season. Always battling numerous injuries. I also feel SD loses to KC on the road, but Mathews has a strong game.
Yeah, guess I shall go that route. I cant wait on Gates hoping for him to come through and miss out again on points on the bench

Once again the Champ comes through

Pretty odd, just talking about one trade here and got proposed another in a different league (standard). I accepted this one with a quickness :lol:.

anyone else losing faith in Randall Cobb?
I'm not sure if McCarthy lost confidence in his play-calling for Cobb after his injury in the Chicago game. His frame can't support big hits constantly. Small receiver. I still think he gets two return TDs this season.

Yeah, guess I shall go that route. I cant wait on Gates hoping for him to come through and miss out again on points on the bench

Once again the Champ comes through
Pab: I'd seriously consider trading him while other managers will take a chance for a Flex-type player. RB2/RB3. Or WR2/WR3. Maybe a Kenny Britt and Donald Brown package, if you could wrangle that away from an aggressive, risky manager.

Pretty odd, just talking about one trade here and got proposed another in a different league (standard). I accepted this one with a quickness :lol:.
You won like a lucky beginner at the blackjack table. Good for you, man.

Should I start Pitta or Davis?
Vernon Davis, I'm assuming? I'd go Pitta even though I'm on record believing he won't snag a TD this week. I see VD having a below-average performance against the NYJ.

Pick 2 RB

McCoy, Cedric Benson, McFadden or Tashard Choice

Pick 2

Dez, Steve Smith (Panthers), Crabtree

Pick 1 Flex

Leaning towards McCoy, Choice, Dez, Crabtree & McFadden...

Pick 2 RB
McCoy, Cedric Benson, McFadden or Tashard Choice
Pick 2
Dez, Steve Smith (Panthers), Crabtree
Pick 1 Flex
Leaning towards McCoy, Choice, Dez, Crabtree & McFadden...
Shady, DMC, Ced, Choice in that order.

Dez, Smitty, Crabby in that order.

Trust your gut with conviction though. Win and lose by trust in your decision-making.

Been in "negotiations" all day. I'd send Peyton/Forte/Donnie Avery to get Cam/McCoy. Avery may become Denarius Moore, but I feel pretty comfortable either way with the deal. If you like to base your trades on ADP, then this is a no contest move. I'll keep those few that are interested up to date as we move forward.

And Christiano Ronaldo is a beautiful man, no hosexual.

Been in "negotiations" all day. I'd send Peyton/Forte/Donnie Avery to get Cam/McCoy. Avery may become Denarius Moore, but I feel pretty comfortable either way with the deal. If you like to base your trades on ADP, then this is a no contest move. I'll keep those few that are interested up to date as we move forward.
And Christiano Ronaldo is a beautiful man, no hosexual.
Done deal, AG. No hesitation at all. Avery is not a deal-breaker for me even with good speed and potential to link up with Luck as Wayne sees more coverage.

Champ's Sit for a Couple Weeks: Fleener. Indy is keeping him in to block for added protection over their franchise QB. Limits routes, targets, receptions, yards, and TDs.

Back
Top Bottom