2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I'm having a gut feeling I should start Andy Dalton over cam newton tomorrow. reason being, cam newton is going against a real good atlanta defense, and dalton is coming off another hot game and he's playing the Jags. It is a division game for Cam so I think he'll be ready to ball. Is it a no brainer to start Cam over Dalton tomorrow?

Part of what makes fantasy fun is going with your gut

Its been at least 10 games dating back to last year since Cam had a good passing game.

Go with Dalton

I'm having a gut feeling I should start Andy Dalton over cam newton tomorrow. reason being, cam newton is going against a real good atlanta defense, and dalton is coming off another hot game and he's playing the Jags. It is a division game for Cam so I think he'll be ready to ball. Is it a no brainer to start Cam over Dalton tomorrow?

Sorta in the same situation with Dalton and Rivers.

Food for thought, before last week jags defense hadn't given up a TD pass.

Hey guys long time reader first time poster. would you guys go BGE vs Jax or Leshoure vs Minny?

Also Aaron Hernandez is on waivers, worth a stash? My other TE is Rudolph

should i play...
jets def vs SF
or pick up
CIN def vs jac
DET def vs MIN

I would go with CIN D here. Jets just aren't the same without Revis and Detroit's defense is :x in a bad way.

Hey guys long time reader first time poster. would you guys go BGE vs Jax or Leshoure vs Minny?

I think BGE is the safer play here. And what is Aaron Hernandez doing on the waivers?! Pick him up now!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply,We only get 4 bench spots in this league so i guess dudes are cutting weight lol. I already got fjax ,boldin, mike goodson (handcuff for dmc) and cobb. Just cut cobb for hernandez

You guys think Reggie Bush is gonna play today?

Not sure you could start him considering he is still a game time decision and the knee injury did not look so good, who are your other RB's?

I have tough decisions with T Gonzalez or Vernon Davis....not sold on Jets defense without Revis and both will score at least one TD...such a toss up.

I'm sitting Desean Jackson for Barden.

Alfred Morris vs TOUGH Tampa Bay defense, or Andre Brown vs Eagles?

Sorta in the same situation with Dalton and Rivers.

Food for thought, before last week jags defense hadn't given up a TD pass.

just so you know bruh, rivers and the bolts usually struggle when playing @arrowhead

i have forte, bradshaw/brown, or leshoure to choose from to start :smh:

think I'm going with the brown since he's the only healthy one, but i feel the L coming

i also gotta choose between rg3 and matt ryan, which aint a bad problem to have

Need advice.

Got Brandon Marshall at my flex with the Cowboys D.

I have the Packers D on the bench, but figure that NO will score some points

I also got Desean Jackson should I swap him for BMarsh or put the Packers D in..

OR do I just say eft it and start Marshalll and Cowboys D?

I don't usually ask advice on starting line ups, but I can't make my mind up on my starters at RB and WR. My current line up is as follows........
RB MJD
RB D Sproles
RB/WR C Benson
WR G Jennings
WR B Lloyd
WR/TE M Floyd
I have Vincent Jackson and BenJarvus Green-Ellis sitting on my bench. should start one or both of these guys? If so, who do I sit? All these guys seem to have promising match ups on paper. Lloyd and Jackson are so damn unreliable yet both are due for that big day. BGE and Benson have juicy match ups with WSH and NO defense sucking it up. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
Bench Floyd, Start V Jax

Bench Benson, start BGE
Jacob Tamme or Jared Cook? PPR.
I'd go Cook here, he'll get some garbage time points.
Wanting to see others opinion. PPR league.

Start Martellus Bennett or Finley at TE?

V Jax or Stevie Johnson at flex?
As a Finley owner, I'd say start the hot hand here (bennett). Here's hoping that Finley does something in this shootout. And V Jax over Joker, for sure.
That's a tough one man, Dalton has been on FIRE for 2 weeks. BUT, with that said, I think Cam gets most of his fantasy points today in garbage time. I can see 260 passing, 1 Passing TD, 1 Rushing TD, and about 40 rushing yards.
should i play...
jets def vs SF
or pick up
CIN def vs jac
DET def vs MIN
Don't EVER, I mean EVER, consider starting the Lions D.

I know Revis is gone, but I think their D will show up today. AND, SF doesn't really score much. Cincy is one of those weird teams, look at what Browns and Washington did to their D. I know SF doesn't turn the ball over at all, but it's the safer pick in my eyes.

My first question to you is, why haven't you already picked up Hernandez off waivers?!?! GOOOOO!!!!!!!! And yea, BGE vs Jax. Vikings run D haven't allowed a rushing TD.
You guys think Reggie Bush is gonna play today?
GTD. Who are your other choices in case he doesn't play?

Dez vs Chi or S.Holmes vs SF OR Amendola vs SEA. Don't know which WR to pick

Avoid Holmes like the plague....Seahawks defense will be very tough for Sam Bradford to have time to throw.

I'd side with Dez slightly even though he's usually an underwhelming player. Cowboys should move the ball vs the older Bears defense. Amendola is the # 1 target for Bradford but he will def. have Seahawks attention as the main guy to stop this week.

Last edited:
Pick 1 QB:

Freeman vs Skins

Rivers @ Chiefs

Pick 1 WR:

Colston @ GB

Jerome Simpson @ Lions

Pick 1 TE:

Finley vs Saints

Rudolph @ Lions

Not sure you could start him considering he is still a game time decision and the knee injury did not look so good, who are your other RB's?
I have tough decisions with T Gonzalez or Vernon Davis....not sold on Jets defense without Revis and both will score at least one TD...such a toss up.
I'm sitting Desean Jackson for Barden.
Alfred Morris vs TOUGH Tampa Bay defense, or Andre Brown vs Eagles?
Avoid Brown, BRADSHAW is back... I have brown, sad to see hes on the reserve now.

Pick 1 QB:

Freeman vs Skins
Rivers @ Chiefs

Pick 1 WR:

Colston @ GB
Jerome Simpson @ Lions

Pick 1 TE:

Finley vs Saints
Rudolph @ Lions

Freeman is a hot mess who isn't putting up points in real life or in fantasy, you have to go with Rivers there.

Green Bay's defense has improved significantly but Colston is the forgotten man out there at times, Simpson will be the #2 target instantly and Ponder is playing well first three weeks of the season

I'm leaning towards Finley vs Saints woeful defense this week, should be Rodgers first game where he puts up some serious numbers.

Pick 1 QB:

Freeman vs Skins
Rivers @ Chiefs

Pick 1 WR:

Colston @ GB
Jerome Simpson @ Lions

Pick 1 TE:

Finley vs Saints
Rudolph @ Lions

You've gotta go Rivers.

The reason why I like Simpson and not Colston: Vikings are only missing that deep threat. Percy has been in control and all over the field, but they can't send him streaking because the defense hawks him. Meaning, they need to run him across the field, back towards the Q, or out of the backfield to shift the defense. Rudolph is huge short to medium and range and the Vikings biggest threat in the red zone (also why I like Rudolph. Not big time yards/receptions, but is always targeted in the red zone).

Colston is kind of in no man's land in NO. Lance Moore is the guy Brees is going to to stretch the field. He's also big on utilizing guys like Sproles out of the backfied. His main red zone target is Jimmy Graham, who always finds a way into the end zone it seems. That leaves Colston. He does a bit of everything, but with how well Brees distributes the ball, it's hit or miss and Colston hasn't exactly lived up to expectations this year so why not try new blood in Simpson?

Only thing I worry about is the timing Ponder and Simpson could be lacking due to Simpson being out, but if any route you don't have to worry too much about being on the same page...It's the deep ball.

Last edited:
Need advice.
Got Brandon Marshall at my flex with the Cowboys D.
I have the Packers D on the bench, but figure that NO will score some points
I also got Desean Jackson should I swap him for BMarsh or put the Packers D in..
OR do I just say eft it and start Marshalll and Cowboys D?

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom