2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Need some help guys...got a bunch of players on byes this week.

Who do I start at WR and QB?
Jerome Simpson vs Ten or Brain Hartline vs Cin?
Vick vs Pit or Schaub vs NYJ

Also would you guys trade D. Martin for CJ2k?
Starting to lose hope in Martin and thinking about gambling on CJ :smh:

Pick 1 for Flex:
Jonathan Stewart vs. Seahawks
Randall Cobb vs. Indy
Hard choice. I don't trust anyone in the Panthers backfield. Since Jennings is out I would go with Cobb against Indy. Packers use him enough out of the backfield, slot, returning kicks, etc. that he is going to be involved. 

Starting to lose hope in Martin and thinking about gambling on CJ
mean.gif
Hartline vs. Cincinnati. He is their best option at WR compared to Simpson who has Harvin and Rudolph as preferred targets for Ponder. I would go with Vick for your QB. Schaub is on a team that is run heavy and their defense dominates. He just has to manage the game. 

Should i start Mojo vs Ravens
or
Alfred Morris vs Falcons

also am i crazy to think that James Jones is going to have a great week due to Greg Jennings not being active, great enough week to start over the likes of Brandon Lloyd?

and how do you guys see Andre Roberts doing this week against the Rams?

Should i start Mojo vs Ravens

or

Alfred Morris vs Falcons

and how do you guys see Andre Roberts doing this week against the Rams?

I'm starting both Morris and Roberts this week. Finnegan will take on Fitz, so I'm hoping Roberts gets more chances.

I need a fill in at QB...

Fitzpatrick @ SF
Ponder vs. TEN
or 
Kolb @ STL

Generally I would take Fitzpatrick but considering the matchup @ SF I think I'll pass. Kolb has more TD's/ point production than Ponder thus far but Ponder is facing one of the worst defenses in the league...

I had Fitz as my backup but I dropped another player I don't use for Ponder this week. I wouldn't touch Kolb this week, STL's secondary is good.

Starting to lose hope in Martin and thinking about gambling on CJ :smh:

I'd go Hartline and Vick there but the QB's aren't that great. Just don't have the sky high expectations with Hartline again.

If you could get CJ2K for Martin, go for it.

IMO James Jones is a must start the next couple weeks until Jennings is back healthy.

This should be the one week Williams does well :lol: I mean the Rams run defense isn't that great and their pass defense is good so I'm thinking he has a decent game.

Ryan Williams @ STL or Michael Bush @ JAC? Both are quality match ups :lol:

I'd go Hartline and Vick there but the QB's aren't that great. Just don't have the sky high expectations with Hartline again.
If you could get CJ2K for Martin, go for it.
IMO James Jones is a must start the next couple weeks until Jennings is back healthy.

Thanks for the advice pro!

Kind of salty I lost in our fantasy baseball league...lol

:lol: mad I didn't win it but did well enough.

If anyone is interested, ESPN puts out their top 100 flex ranks for Insider:

With four teams having a bye this week (Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Tampa Bay Buccaneers), things get a bit tougher for fantasy football owners lacking strong flex options. That's why we're here to help. Here we are in Week 5, and the depth on this list doesn't match what it was a few weeks ago. Still, we fight on, combining the best of the running backs, wide receivers and tight ends (especially the tight ends, one might say!), to form a tidy top 100 for those looking for advice when comparing options.

Of course, your teams are yours and should be managed with that in mind, but use these ranks and ESPN Fantasy in general as a guide, not a rule. Check out the Week 5 staff rankings, which you can sort individually by expert, and perhaps your question was answered either in my Wednesday chat wrap or will be by my colleagues today or tomorrow. You can also find me on Twitter (I am @karabellespn).

Good luck in Week 5 and beyond!

[+] Enlarge

Elsa/Getty Images
This week Victor Cruz and the Giants face a Browns defense that has given up the third-most fantasy points to wide receivers.

1. Arian Foster, RB, Texans: Getting a bit too many rushing attempts for my taste, but he appears healthy. Certainly healthier than the Jets defense; he should find plenty of running room Sunday.
2. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens: Has 39 fewer rushing attempts than Foster, but only seven fewer fantasy points.
3. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks: Getting 20-plus carries per game, but no issues here.
4. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers: Honestly, if you're concerned about Brandon Jacobs stealing some of Gore's value, don't be.
5. LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles: His top game this season was 13 fantasy points, and he's not catching passes. Don't ever sit him, but is he still in the top-3 class? After this week, probably not.
6. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals: Pretty much unstoppable, like that No. 1 fellow Calvin Johnson (who has a bye).
7. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings: I'd just close my eyes and play him weekly, despite the inconsistency.
8. Victor Cruz, WR, Giants: I do not expect Hakeem Nicks to play, and thus did not rank him, but that shouldn't help or hurt Cruz much.
9. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs
10. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars
11. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals: Remember that his team is playing Thursday. Of course, you'd never sit Fitz.
12. Roddy White, WR, Falcons: If you own White and his sophomore stud wide receiver teammate, don't overrate the situation. Both are great.
13. Trent Richardson, RB, Browns: After the first week, he has been impressive.
14. Reggie Bush, RB, Dolphins: Who else was shocked that he played last week? This guy is durable now!
15. Brandon Marshall, WR, Bears: One of these days he'll get tired of Jay Cutler's act on the field and sideline, right? Talk about discipline.
16. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
17. Matt Forte, RB, Bears: Didn't look his best Monday, but should be fine this week.
18. Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings: Don't worry, he'll score some "conventional" touchdowns this season, too.
19. Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers: Honestly, this situation doesn't worry me much. It doesn't matter who starts. Mathews will get plenty of touches either way.
20. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots: You can see by this rank how concerned I am about him being in a timeshare. (Uh, I'm not.)
21. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans: Eight catches over the past three weeks is not cool. Won't last this highly ranked much longer without producing.
22. Michael Turner, RB, Falcons: So overrated he actually became underrated.
23. Alfred Morris, RB, ********: Has basically convinced Mike Shanahan he's for real, which is more important than convincing anyone else.
24. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots: Still think Julian Edelman will take his spot?
25. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos
26. Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints
27. Cedric Benson, RB, Packers: Running well and has another fine matchup.
28. Steve Smith, WR, Panthers: Awfully quiet so far, but give him time.
29. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots: He's doing fine but hasn't been worth that top-20 pick.
30. Marques Colston, WR, Saints: Seems underrated to me. I ranked him well.
31. Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos: Does anyone else still remember the unbelievable hit he took to his knee in the Fiesta Bowl? How has this guy had such a good career? Kudos to him.
32. Torrey Smith, WR, Ravens: Quietly emerging as a safe, balanced WR2.
33. Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers
34. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs: Hey, garbage-time fantasy points count, too!
35. Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants: Should see a majority of the backfield touches again this week.
36. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts: Who would have thought his owners would be so happy to have him back from his bye week?
37. Darren Sproles, RB, Saints
38. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
39. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans: Does nothing for three weeks, then runs great on a tough defense. Can't explain that.
40. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Bengals: If he can't hold on to the football, there could be ramifications.
41. DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles: Isn't dropping passes like he did a year ago, which is nice.
42. Brandon Lloyd, WR, Patriots: Don't let this relatively poor rank fool you; he's still a potential statistical time bomb ready to explode.
43. Malcom Floyd, WR, Chargers: Love his matchup this week; I think he and Philip Rivers will put up good numbers.
44. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
45. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers
46. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams: People are concerned because of his age, but better numbers are coming.
47. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills: Should get more touches than his colleague, thus the better rank.
48. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills: Fewer touches isn't always a bad thing, though.
49. Steve Johnson, WR, Bills
50. Eric Decker, WR, Broncos

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Brian Garfinkel
Jeremy Maclin has caught just two passes over the past three games.51. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Eagles: Certainly looks like is slowed by injury, but it's premature to give up on him.
52. Donald Brown, RB, Colts
53. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons
54. Jackie Battle, RB, Chargers: A worthy flex option this week, but relying on him for the long term is not wise.
55. James Jones, WR, Packers: Similarly, looks better with Greg Jennings out, but relying on Jones is dangerous. He's inconsistent.
56. Ryan Williams, RB, Cardinals: Is better than he looked in Week 4, but still not a star, despite opportunity.
57. Pierre Garcon, WR, ********: Better health would be nice.
58. Danny Amendola, WR, Rams
59. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers
60. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers
61. Michael Bush, RB, Bears: Some weeks he'll get a goal-line score, and some weeks he won't. That's the problem.
62. Lance Moore, WR, Saints
63. Nate Washington, WR, Titans
64. Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins: On pace for more than 1,800 receiving yards, just like everyone expected. Um, right.
65. Antonio Gates, TE, Chargers: If he can't produce numbers this week against the Saints, then he might drop from the top 10 at his position. No, seriously.
66. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Steelers: A must-add just in case, but hardly a must-play this week.
67. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers
68. Domenik Hixon, WR, Giants: Totally dependent on whether Nicks plays.
69. Donnie Avery, WR, Colts: Might be a bit forgotten coming off the bye, but he was doing well.
70. Shonn Greene, RB, Jets: He certainly isn't doing well. I wouldn't drop him yet, though.
71. Kenny Britt, WR, Titans
72. Jermichael Finley, TE, Packers
73. Anquan Boldin, WR, Ravens
74. Robert Meachem, WR, Chargers: I'm going out on a limb here, because he's better than this and he's facing his old team.
75. Ben Tate, RB, Texans: Seems to be getting fewer looks each week.
76. Justin Blackmon, WR, Jaguars
77. Kendall Hunter, RB, 49ers: If something were to happen to Gore, this guy is next in line, not Jacobs.
78. Sidney Rice, WR, Seahawks: Could use some help from his quarterback.
79. Fred Davis, TE, ********: One of those forgotten tight ends who is capable of top-5 numbers.
80. Leonard Hankerson, WR, ********
81. Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints
82. Brandon Bolden, RB, Patriots: Popular add this week, but not likely to see a ton of touches in a closer game.
83. Greg Little, WR, Browns: His numbers would look better if he would actually catch the targets.
84. Jerome Simpson, WR, Vikings: Nice opening game for him and probably ranked too low here, since I like his quarterback.
85. Brandon LaFell, WR, Panthers
86. Daryl Richardson, RB, Rams
87. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers
88. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints
89. Martellus Bennett, TE, Giants: Commenters cried out for his inclusion last week, and he scored nary a fantasy point.
90. Andre Brown, RB, Giants: Things change fast in the fantasy football world. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.
91. Davone Bess, WR, Dolphins: Hartline had the big game, but Bess is going to catch 75 passes this season as well.
92. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Vikings: Another no-show in Week 4, but still worth using.
93. Andrew Hawkins, WR, Bengals
94. Andre Roberts, WR, Cardinals
95. Daniel Thomas, RB, Dolphins
96. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Colts: Nice sleeper for a team that throws a lot.
97. Ronnie Hillman, RB, Broncos: Finally saw him do something in Week 4, which is a nice harbinger.
98. Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Falcons
99. Jeremy Kerley, WR, Jets: Someone has to catch the passes Mark Sanchez doesn't throw to the other team.
100. Danny Woodhead, RB, Patriots
Others: Alshon Jeffery, WR, Bears; Kendall Wright, WR, Titans; Owen Daniels, TE, Texans; Dennis Pitta, TE, Ravens; Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers; Bernard Pierce, RB, Ravens; Lance Ball, RB, Broncos; Bilal Powell, RB, Jets; Toby Gerhart, RB, Vikings; Shaun Draughn, RB, Chiefs.

Should I start Ry Williams Tonight?

My other options are

Forte
CJmaybe2k
Morris

:nerd:

I need a fill in at QB...

Fitzpatrick @ SF
Ponder vs. TEN
or 
Kolb @ STL

Generally I would take Fitzpatrick but considering the matchup @ SF I think I'll pass. Kolb has more TD's/ point production than Ponder thus far but Ponder is facing one of the worst defenses in the league...
I had Fitz as my backup but I dropped another player I don't use for Ponder this week. I wouldn't touch Kolb this week, STL's secondary is good.
Had Fitz on the roster already as well. Just added Ponder. Thanks.

Also,

Hernandez was just dropped from someone's roster.

Is he worth adding as a backup for the upcoming weeks?

I have Finley at TE but he hasn't done much up until this point, but I still think he's likely to get it going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom