2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Definitely, I mean, if that is the team you have above, you have absolutely nothing to change for position players, except maybe your defense. For sure, your weakest position is TE, and that doesn't mean much when the other positions are rock solid (except I would not start Andre Hawkins every week on my Flex).

I would drop either Tannehill or Gabbert for a solid bench player for your Flex option. No need to have 3 QBs on your team unless you are screwing another team who needs a QB this week or next.

I agree with everything. The only reason I picked up Gabbert was because of Ryan being questionable last week. I'll drop him soon. My league sucks because a lot of dudes were hoarding QBs. I traded Vick in week 4 to a guy who had Matt Shaub and Phillip Rivers. I was hoping he'd drop one so I could pick him up then I realized people were allowed to keep 3 QBs, smh

RBs:
Forte vs. Hou
Mathews @ TB
Spiller @ NE
WRs:
Steve Smith vs. Den
Mike Williams vs. SD
Maclin vs. Dal
Which 1 of these guys would you bench (Non-PPR, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex)? I'm leaning towards Maclin.
Ballard is still a FA in my league, would you start him above any of my RBs?
Thanks.

Yep I would sit Maclin also. The rest of your lineup looks good.

If I have solid RB's and WR's, does having a good TE make a significant difference? I was riding with Kyle Rudolph, but has been atrocious the past 3 weeks.

RB1: Ray Rice
RB2: Doug Martin
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Percy Harvin
Flex: Eric Decker

Bench: Alfred Morris, Steve Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, F. Jackson

Not a decent TE on the WW. I got Rudolph and Pitta. I'm tempted to try and pick up Brandon Myers, but I've already made 14 acquisitions. (20 max)

Last edited:
If I have solid RB's and WR's, does having a good TE make a significant difference? I was riding with Kyle Rudolph, but has been atrocious the past 3 weeks.
RB1: Ray Rice
RB2: Doug Martin
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Percy Harvin
Flex: Eric Decker
Bench: Alfred Morris, Steve Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, F. Jackson
Not a decent TE on the WW. I got Rudolph and Pitta. I'm tempted to try and pick up Brandon Myers, but I've already made 14 acquisitions. (20 max)
In your case I would say a TE wouldnt make a big difference
laugh.gif
. Your players will hold their weight and sometimes others week in and week out lol.

If your losing and feel like you need a bigger impact outta your TE then make a move. I say your good for now.

Last edited:
Im 9-0 so far in a 16 team league :pimp:

But i might lose this week because of bye weeks to key players

So i need help starting some fill-ins.

Jay Cutler vs Houston or Mark Sanchez vs Seattle or Sam Bradford vs SF

Phily Defense or Dallas Defense? ( playing each other )

thanks

Last edited:
Im 9-0 so far in a 16 team league
pimp.gif

thanks
I would say Cutler but Bradford would be close up there as my 2nd option. IMO Cutler will either have a great game or a bad one. Texans D is playing good but no where near the way they were playing earlier in the year. All three are tough choices tho and if I had to I'd pick Cutler because sometimes the Texans D dosnt show up. I also have a gut feeling that they will lose on national TV Sunday. I hope it isnt near the beating the Packers gave us tho.

Dallas D for sure.

Phily cant stop ****, they are playing horrible and its gonna continue when they play Dallas.

Is Kenny Britt worth a start this week? He's going up against Miami's terrible pass D. I'd be starting him in place of Antonio Brown, who's probably gonna be out due to an ankle sprain. PPR league.

Last edited:
Is Kenny Britt worth a start this week? He's going up against Miami's terrible pass D. I'd be starting him in place of Antonio Brown, who's probably gonna be out due to an ankle sprain. PPR league.

Yea if he's the only person you got and if there isnt anybody good to pick up id start em.

He's playing as the #1 receiver right? He should be a decent option.

Trade proposition:

I give: Randall Cobb, Daryl Richardson, and LaRod Stephens-Howling

I get: Fred Jackson (I have Spiller), Brandon Lloyd, and Stephen Ridley

Im 9-0 so far in a 16 team league
pimp.gif

thanks
Good stuff man.  I'm in a similar situation like you, where my money league is a 16 team format.  I'm currently 8-1, but went through a devastating loss in Week 8 - I was undefeated going into that week, and lost to the last place team
mean.gif
mean.gif
  Almost gave up for the season (it hit me really, really hard), but bounced back with a strong monstrous Week 9.

This week I have to decide between starting Jay Cutler or Matt Schaub, but I might go with Schaub since I cannot trust Chicago's O-Line.  Funny thing is, every week I start Cutler, Schaub performs well, and vice versa
mean.gif

Kenny Britt is definitely worth starting, since he had a good game (in terms of leading the team with 8 targets and 5/67) against a tough Bear's D (have to remember, Britt had a fumble last week, so that decreased his points).  Britt is definitely a must start, unless you have someone better.
Whose the better FA pick up...T.Y. Hilton or Golden Tate..
Personally, I'd go wtih T.Y. Hilton with the fact that he had 11 targets from Andrew Luck (6 targets for Tate from R.Wilson).  Another point is which receiver has the better QB?  Luck is clearly the better passer than Wilson, so I'll stick with Hilton.
Trade proposition:

I'd take that trade right away.  Both teams are getting players with similar roles, but I think you might have the edge.  Both F.Jax & Ridley are sharing carries with other RBs on their team, which is similar to D.Richardson & LSH, but F.Jax & Ridley are starters.  Beanie Wells is coming back in Week 12, so you'll only have one more week with LSH as the clear cut starter (against ATL D). 

I like Brandon Lloyd over Randall Cobb, once Jordy Nelson comes back healthy.  Also, is Greg Jennings ever coming back this season?  Latest I heard was he had surgery during the week of Hurricane Sandy...

Last edited:
Whose the better FA pick up...T.Y. Hilton or Golden Tate..

I would pick up Hilton.

Trade proposition:

I wouldn't do it. IMO Cobb>>>Lloyd but Ridley is a good player.

It's an even trade you might even be gettin more but I wouldn't do it.

I have Antonio Brown and he's probably gonna be out.....should I pick up Emmanuel Sanders to start in his place this week or T.Y. Hilton vs Jags?

Need suggestion:

Start Pierre Thomas or Felix Jones?

I'm having faith in Bradshaw and playing him for sure. Planning on playing Vernon on TE and Brandon Myers on flex, since he's consistent with his range of points.

Got a few trade offers for Doug Martin. I'm really thinking of accepting the Ray Rice one. The Josh Freeman one is enticing too. This is a 2QB 6pt pass TD league so his value is alot higher than it would be in normal leagues.

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Here's the rest of my team:

Let me know what you think.

Heath Miller vs Kansas City
or
Aaron Hernandez vs Buffalo

non ppr.

Also would you trade

Aaron Hernandez
Rashard Mendenhall
Demarco Murray
Joe Flacco

in exchange for

Ray Rice
Shonn Green or Willis McGahee

I'm 7-2 and been without those 4 players the majority of the season but could use some help come play off time.

My current squad is currently

Matt Ryan
Brandon Marshall
Calvin Johnson
Felix Jones
Isaac Redman
Heath Miller
Larry Fitzgerald

Demarco Murray
Rashard Mendenhall
Aaron Hernandez
Joe Flacco
Vick Ballard

Last edited:
My QBs are Romo & Flacco

Should I drop Flacco for one of the following:

Carson Palmer
Phillip Rivers
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sidney Rice vs NYJ , Mike Williams vs SD, or Torrey Smith vs OAK ?

Last edited:
Which team is better:

A)

Ryan

Foster

Dougie Fresh

Matthews

Roddy

AJ

Graham

B)

Ryan

Foster

Dougie Fresh

Jordy

Roddy

AJ
Graham

C)

Ryan

Foster

Dougie Fresh

Wes

Roddy

AJ

Graham

Thanks RSG and King Midas.

THB, trading for Rice and Mcgahee would give you a solid starting core.

Sorkoram, I think Fitz would be the best consistent option. 

bbllplaya & THB, Heath Miller @ KC over an ailing Hernandez this week. Gronk is on a roll.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom