2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

You guys think this is a fair trade?

Daniel Thomas, Alex Green, and Andre Roberts for Andrew Hawkins and Willis McGahee.

I'd be getting Andrew and Willis.

i was offered doug martin, josh freeman, and torrey smith for

marques colston
titus young
and stephen jackson

i know doug martin is a stud, but trading away all of those guys would deplete my WR's.

i would only have fitz, stephen johnson, torrey smith, davon bess :x

my other RB is matt forte

would you guys do this trade? im currently 6 out of 12 in my ppr league (top 6 make playoffs).

starting lineups are:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
WR/TE FLEX
KICKER
DEF

Last edited:
Help me out NT please and thank you
Flex spot
Rashad jennings at ind
or
V jax at SD
Also should I drop Jennings for marcel reece
First, I would start Jennings.  RBs in the flex typically do better than WRs. He is starting and will get touches.

Second, no.  If anything, Taiwan Jones will get the carries.  Marcel Reese is more of the pass catching back.  But I wouldnt start either of them until you see how Oakland splits the load up.

You guys think this is a fair trade?
Daniel Thomas, Alex Green, and Andre Roberts for Andrew Hawkins and Willis McGahee.
I'd be getting Andrew and Willis.
Yes thats a great deal for you, unless you are hurting at WR.  Alex Green might lose his job to Starks, Daniel Thomas is hit or miss, and Roberts is a decent WR but for a back who gets 15-20 carries a game its a steal.  Hawkins might not do very much but its Willis your after.

Yes thats a great deal for you, unless you are hurting at WR.  Alex Green might lose his job to Starks, Daniel Thomas is hit or miss, and Roberts is a decent WR but for a back who gets 15-20 carries a game its a steal.  Hawkins might not do very much but its Willis your after.

If the trade goes through this will be my lineup for the rest of the year:

QB - Big Ben
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Willis McGahee
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Dennis Pitta
Flex - Andrew Hawkins
DST - Dolphins
K - Robbie Gould

Bench

QB
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert

RB
Rashad Mendenhall

TE
Anthony Fasano

DST
Cardinals

K
Blair Walsh

I'm going to drop Mendenhall cause it doesn't look like he'll be back. I want to pick up Joique Bell but I'm 6th on the waiver wire.

QB - Big Ben
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Willis McGahee
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Dennis Pitta
Flex - Andrew Hawkins
DST - Dolphins
K - Robbie Gould
Bench
QB
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert
RB
Rashad Mendenhall
TE
Anthony Fasano
DST
Cardinals
K
Blair Walsh
I'm going to drop Mendenhall cause it doesn't look like he'll be back. I want to pick up Joique Bell but I'm 6th on the waiver wire.
That looks solid.  I would do it. 

Flex spot
Rashad jennings at ind
or
V jax at SD

I would play Rashad.
V- Jax is a tough choice also because if Martin goes off there gonna keep feeding him. Jackson had a good game this past weekend and honestly I say you can't go wrong with either.

i was offered doug martin, josh freeman, and torrey smith for
marques colston
titus young
and stephen jackson
i know doug martin is a stud, but trading away all of those guys would deplete my WR's.
i would only have fitz, stephen johnson, torrey smith, davon bess
sick.gif

my other RB is matt forte
would you guys do this trade? im currently 6 out of 12 in my ppr league (top 6 make playoffs).
starting lineups are:
QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
WR/TE FLEX
KICKER
DEF
Although you could use a RB, you are right about it depleting your WRs.  Colston has been playing great, and Titus is benefitting from Burleson being out.  Anyway you could counter offer Bess and keep Titus at least?

Flex spot
Rashad jennings at ind
or
V jax at SD
Is your league PPR? If it's PPR, I'd start V.Jax.  Also, I tend to hate starting players on Thursday night games because of the short amount of time for rest.  The only exceptions where I had success on a player going into a Thursday night game was Andre Brown vs the Panthers.
I was offered RG3 and Witten for Brees. I need a TE, I should do this right?
Again, is your league PPR?  If so, I would definitely take the trade, but RG3 is becoming risky every week, compared to Drew Brees.  The only upside I see between RG3 and Brees is RG3's rushing yards and rushing TDs (2 points more than a passing TD).  Witten is really enticing in a PPR league.
Yeah good thought.  I would like to see Amendola produce before I toss him back in there. 

Could I get your opinion on my RB situation as well?  I have Forte starting @ Hou, Sproles (out) and T Richardson and A. Morris on Byes.  I just picked up Steven Jackson off waivers (?) but he plays SF.  Also on waivers is Joqiue Bell @ Min, DeAngelo Williams @ Den, Peyton Hillis @ Pit , Ronnie Brown @ TB, Marcel Reese @ Bal, and some other scrubs.  I had Joqiue Bell starting until I saw this dude drop Jackson.  My thought was Vikings D has been porous and the Lions like to use both backs.  BUT I feel like b/c Jackson starts he would be the better option, even against SF and splitting carries with D Rich.

Also, I would def roll with Hillis if Charles is or severely hampered by his injury.  I just felt like Jackson had the most value out of anyone so I scooped him up.

I know its a mess but I would like someone else's opinion on this.
For your RB situation, it highly depends on your league format, if it's PPR.  The reason is, I would definitely start J.Bell, Ronnie Brown, or Marcel Reese, as they are RB/FB's (Reese) that can catch the ball.  Stephen Jackson would not be on my list of RBs to start as he is facing against the Niners D, as well as splitting carries with Daryl Richardson. 

Let me know if your league is PPR and I'll reevaluate my analysis.

P.S. What is up with the Roto Forums?  I know it got hacked on Sunday but it's still down.

Yeah good thought.  I would like to see Amendola produce before I toss him back in there. 

Could I get your opinion on my RB situation as well?  I have Forte starting @ Hou, Sproles (out) and T Richardson and A. Morris on Byes.  I just picked up Steven Jackson off waivers (?) but he plays SF.  Also on waivers is Joqiue Bell @ Min, DeAngelo Williams @ Den, Peyton Hillis @ Pit , Ronnie Brown @ TB, Marcel Reese @ Bal, and some other scrubs.  I had Joqiue Bell starting until I saw this dude drop Jackson.  My thought was Vikings D has been porous and the Lions like to use both backs.  BUT I feel like b/c Jackson starts he would be the better option, even against SF and splitting carries with D Rich.

Also, I would def roll with Hillis if Charles is or severely hampered by his injury.  I just felt like Jackson had the most value out of anyone so I scooped him up.

I know its a mess but I would like someone else's opinion on this.

I would go with Joquie Bell. He's coming off a great game and vikings D is currently struggling.

Who would you start this week in the flex in a PPR league?

Amendola @ SF
B. Lloyd @ Buf
D. Moore @ Bal

Much appreciated.  On a 2 game losing skid, need this bounce back W.

I would go with Lloyd. Brady is gonna be throwing dots all day.

Rivers vs TB
Smith vs Stl
I can't decide

Definitely go with Rivers. Idk if you seen Tampa Bays D but there secondary is horrible

Last edited:
I was offered RG3 and Witten for Brees. I need a TE, I should do this right?

my bad didn't see it.

Its not PPR, but I'm hurting for sure at TE with Witten.

Is RG3 gonna get back in to the groove of things?
Haha I hope RG3 is going to bounce back (got him in one of my leagues), but it seems like teams are figuring out how to defend Washington's offense, plus the FACT that Washington's WRs SUCK doesn't help RG3 at all.  Again, the only thing appealing to me between RG3 and Brees is RG3 can get you points off rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. 

To be honest, I'd definitely keep Brees with the way the Saints are playing and the weapons he has. 

Witten can hurt you on a non-PPR league when he'll have 50 yards receiving without any touchdowns. 

How many teams are in your league?  Also, let me know what TEs are available in your league.

Last edited:
:nerd:

Pick 2 (running back)
Isaac Redman, Daniel Thomas, Felix Jones, Vick Ballard

Pick 1 (flex)
Michael Crabtree, Danny Amendola, Ryan Broyles, Golden Tate, Redman, Thomas, Jones, Ballard

Last edited:
nerd.gif

Pick 2 (running back)
Pick 1 (flex)
Michael Crabtree, Danny Amendola, Ryan Broyles, Golden Tate, Redman, Thomas, Jones, Ballard
Damn, why you do me like that with those options?
mean.gif
 (Just kidding, but that's the beauty of being in 14-16 team formats).

If PPR League:

Pick 2:  Vic Ballard & Felix Jones.  Jonathan Dwyer should be back this week so he'll be sharing carries with Redman.  Daniel Thomas is more of a goal line RB, so he won't get catches.  Vic Ballard because Donald Brown's injured again, and likely won't play on Thursday.  Felix Jones because Demarco is out again this week.

Pick 1:  Michael Crabtree.  Michael Crabtree because of his last game - Smith should be looking at Crabtree even more now, and Rams defense is no joke, so it'll most likely be short passes all day between A.Smith & Crabtree.  Besides Amendola, who's rusty, the other two receivers are a crapshoot at this point.

If non-PPR League:

I'd still take the gamble on my PPR choices, other than maybe switching Redman up for Felix Jones.  Vic Ballard should be a must start with Donald Brown not likely playing TNF. 

For your pick 1 option, I might actually take a RB over a WR, but I think eventually I'd roll with Crabtree.

Last edited:
My trade went true for Mcgahee.. Another dude in the league now wants him from me. He's offering me Jamaal Charles and Dreessen. I declined so instead he offered Charles and Issac Redman for McGahee. I like but I already have Pitta and Fasano.

I want to counter with Fasano and McGahee for Redman and Dreesen.

Good idea or bad?

Thanks for the help.

My trade went true for Mcgahee.. Another dude in the league now wants him from me. He's offering me Jamaal Charles and Dreessen. I declined so instead he offered Charles and Issac Redman for McGahee. I like but I already have Pitta and Fasano.
Good idea or bad?
Thanks for the help.
Bad idea, in my opinion.  I wouldn't buy high on Redman after that one game.  Dwyer and Mendenhall are coming back and it'll be a time-share among those three RBs.  Even Big Ben stated that they are the "Three-Headed Monster", with no clear-cut starters going forward.

Dreesen has Tamme to worry about, while with Fasano - nobody.  Although Dreesen has the better stats among Tamme & Fasano, I wouldn't go ahead with that trade just to get Dreesen.

I would just stick with Pitta for the rest of the season, and rely on Fasano if Pitta falls off.   

:nerd:
Pick 2 (running back)
Pick 1 (flex)

Go with Redman and Ballard or Jones and Ballard. Steelers are playing a Weak chiefs D and cowboys playing the eagles which just let Chris ivory and ingram look like superstars out there.

Michael Crabtree or if you decide to go with all three backs, you could do Ballard, Redman, and Jones. That's the route I would take. All three of them are favored to have good games.

Damn, I just posted a long reply and it says my message needs to be approved by a moderator because I'm new...but I just posted 6-7 messages today without needing an approval...weird...

Last edited:
Good idea or bad?
Thanks for the help.
This was the message where I replied and it stated I need approval of a moderator before it gets posted...

Anyways, I'm just going to paraphrase this:

This is a bad trade if you accept.  I would not buy 'high' on Redman off of one game, and with Dwyer and Mendenhall coming back.  Big Ben also stated that there is no clear-cut starter or main RB for the Steelers, it's the "Three Headed Monster". 

As for Dreesen, although he has good numbers compared to Fasano, he has to worry about Tamme down the road.  I would keep Pitta as my main TE, and if that doesn't work out, I'd stick with Fasano.  If you are in a PPR league, I would highly suggest picking up Brandon Myers from Oakland Raiders.

This was the message where I replied and it stated I need approval of a moderator before it gets posted...

Anyways, I'm just going to paraphrase this:

This is a bad trade if you accept.  I would not buy 'high' on Redman off of one game, and with Dwyer and Mendenhall coming back.  Big Ben also stated that there is no clear-cut starter or main RB for the Steelers, it's the "Three Headed Monster". 

As for Dreesen, although he has good numbers compared to Fasano, he has to worry about Tamme down the road.  I would keep Pitta as my main TE, and if that doesn't work out, I'd stick with Fasano.  If you are in a PPR league, I would highly suggest picking up Brandon Myers from Oakland Raiders.

Gotcha.. i need to chill. I'm over here trying to build a super team that's already solid.

QB - Big Ben
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Willis McGahee
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Dennis Pitta
Flex - Andrew Hawkins
DST - Dolphins
K - Robbie Gould
Bench
QB
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert
RB
Rashad Mendenhall
TE
Anthony Fasano
DST
Cardinals
K
Blair Walsh
Gotcha.. i need to chill. I'm over here trying to build a super team that's already solid.
Definitely, I mean, if that is the team you have above, you have absolutely nothing to change for position players, except maybe your defense. For sure, your weakest position is TE, and that doesn't mean much when the other positions are rock solid (except I would not start Andre Hawkins every week on my Flex).

I would drop either Tannehill or Gabbert for a solid bench player for your Flex option. No need to have 3 QBs on your team unless you are screwing another team who needs a QB this week or next.

RBs:
Forte vs. Hou
Mathews @ TB
Spiller @ NE

WRs:
Steve Smith vs. Den
Mike Williams vs. SD
Maclin vs. Dal

Which 1 of these guys would you bench (Non-PPR, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex)? I'm leaning towards Maclin.

Ballard is still a FA in my league, would you start him above any of my RBs?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom