2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

So far I'm in 1st place in my $100 Yahoo league and after some trades, my team right now is 7-2....

Here are the trades I made...

Week 1: Mark Ingram & Reggie Wayne for McGahee.

Week 2: Adrian Peterson and Martellius Bennett for Gronkowski.....(wish I didn't do this, didn't think Adrian would be this good so quickly...:smh: )

Week 4: Demaryius Thomas & Aaron Hernandez for Julio Jones...

Now my team looks like this:

Peyton Manning
Calvin Johnson
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Frank Gore
Willis McGahee
Rob Gronkowski
David Akers
Houston DEF

I should have kept Adrian Peterson but I like how my team looks right now, can't believe my 3 WR's...:lol:

Uhh Julio has been hit or miss and percey is hurt with a QB who looks to have hit a wall.
Havent read too much into them, but are Julio and Percy healthy? With only a couple of games left in the season I dont think its too smart (if they have lingering injuries) unless you have a playoff spot wrapped up where you can afford to wait on them getting healthy.

Yeah, I'm hoping Percy gets healthy over the bye, and the Julio will be alright

Got offered a trade today:

I send: Benjarvus Green Elis

I get: Cecil Shorts & Brent Celek

Should I jump on this?

my remaining RBs would be: Willis McGahee, Steven Jackson, and Rashard Mendenhall

Last edited:
How many people are in this league?
laugh.gif
your team is stacked! You win either of those trades. A WR would help you if you lose only Matthews at RB.
Only thing that concerns me about trading Matthews is that I won't have RB depth after Foster and Doug.

Just got sent a trade that I will almost surely accept.
I give: P. Manning, Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson
I get; T.Brady, Julio Jones, Percy Harvin.
Any reason I shouldn't?
I'd do it easily.

People saying Julio is off and on, though he isn't - he just hasn't caught a TD at home thus far- but what has Mike Wallace been? Stevie Johnson?

And Percy could have me throwing the ball to him and still be a top 5 WR in the league...he's their #1 and will get you points in more than 1 way. To me thats a haul.

Here's to hoping CJ Spiller beasts tonight. The game I'm in this week is a must win.....I need that first round bye come playoff time.

I'd do it easily.

People saying Julio is off and on, though he isn't - he just hasn't caught a TD at home thus far- but what has Mike Wallace been? Stevie Johnson?

And Percy could have me throwing the ball to him and still be a top 5 WR in the league...he's their #1 and will get you points in more than 1 way. To me thats a haul.
Yeah I went ahead and accepted, Thanks

damn it, I started Hartline at the flex thinking he was going to get points for me against this bills def but so far 0 points :smh:

Hate how poorly Miami utilizes Reggie :smh:
And there you have it. Reggie sitting wide open right on the sideline for a gain of five-ten. Nope, I'll just throw it into triple coverage in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD >:

Who would you guys say are the biggest bust and surprises of this fantasy season??

I got Newton/Vick for busts and Bears D/Doug Martin for surprises.

Who would you guys say are the biggest bust and surprises of this fantasy season??

I got Newton/Vick for busts and Bears D/Doug Martin for surprises.

Definitely McFadden is the biggest bust with LeSean McCoy not far behind, imo.

Vick & Newton a bust? They're performing as expected.

Alfred Morris & Doug Martin biggest surprises, though.

I get Megatron he gets Fred Jackson and Reggie Bush worth it?
I think so, even though Megatron has a nagging injury, he'll still produce down the stretch. Fred Jackson and his timeshare with CJ Spiller will only worsen as the season goes on. CJ Spiller is going to get more touches, his QB is advocating for that. I'd say go for it.

Definitely McFadden is the biggest bust with LeSean McCoy not far behind, imo.
Vick & Newton a bust? They're performing as expected.
Alfred Morris & Doug Martin biggest surprises, though.
Yeah, you named some good "bust" and "surprise" picks, especially Doug Martin. If this question was asked earlier in the season, I would have said Chris Johnson, but he's done a complete 180 and is now performing really well. I'd say he's a surprise especially coming off a horrendous start.

Who to start?

Daryl Richardson or Shane Vereen?

I'm leaning towards Richardson

^ Start Richardson. S-Jax is a bum but he's coming off a good week, finally, but Richardson will still get his carries and his YPC is pretty high too. Won't be long before S-Jax gets 42 yds off 18 carries again

**** Darren McFadden...& Daniel Thomas...

Last edited:
^ Start Richardson. S-Jax is a bum but he's coming off a good week, finally, but Richardson will still get his carries and his YPC is pretty high too. Won't be long before S-Jax gets 42 yds off 18 carries again

**** Darren McFadden...& Daniel Thomas...

S. Jax started slow before finishing strong last year too though.

Back
Top Bottom