2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

No problem, bud. Honestly I'd just stay put at the moment, even though Rodgers is always going to be a tempting player to acquire. Your current RB pairing is legit. DMC has top-7 overall fantasy producer potential. Flag Taiwan Jones in case McFadden goes down. Jackson was a beast before injury last season. Fitzpatrick really only has Fred and Stevie to go to. The other guys on that squad are unproven or unreliable. Eli is my sixth QB behind Stafford and Cam.
alright i'll hold off on the trade then. should i drop anyone for danny amendola?

8 TEAM LEAGUE:

Peyton Manning, Den QB
Adrian Peterson, Min RB
Jamaal Charles, KC RB
Calvin Johnson, Det WR
Brandon Marshall, Chi WR
Aaron Hernandez, NE TE
Miles Austin, Dal WR
Packers D/ST D/ST
Phil Dawson, Cle K

Bench
Reggie Bush, Mia RB
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Jacob Tamme, Den TE
Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
Mark Ingram, NO RB P
Brandon Weeden, Cle QB
Cowboys D/ST D/ST

Last edited:
This was my money league team.... First live draft I've ever done, took about plus hours cause we were at a bar :lol: but had a blast

12 Team PPR Keeper league. Had the 11th pick...I had an idea of who I wanted but some people reached very early (probably cause of the alcohol) and had to take high risk picks. Any advice :nerd:

QB- Mike Vick( 5)
RB- Darren MacFadden (1)
RB- Adrian Peterson (2)
WR- Dez Bryant (6)
WR- Brandon Marshall (4)
TE- Jermaine Gresham (10)
FLEX- Doug Martin (3)
K- David Akers (11)
DEF- Seattle (12)

BENCH
QB- Matt Schaub (9)
WR- Kenny Brit (7)
WR- Austin Collie (13)
WR- Jonathan Baldwin (15)
TE- Coby Fleener (14)

RB Jonathan Dywer is available on the waiver wire. Should I scoop him up and drop someone?

ChampCru or ANYBODY...need some assistance.

Had my draft Friday night, but missed it due to my lady being in labor. So I basically got screwed...

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Lesean McCoy

RB: Reggie Bush

WR: Wes Welker

WR: Santonio Holmes

WR: Laurent Robinson

TE: Kyle Rudolph (WHO?)

Flex: David Wilson

DEF: Titans

DEF: Dolphins

K: Alex Henery

Bench :x

Peyton Manning

Jay Cutler

Michael Bush

Issac Redman

Shane Vereen

LeGarrette Blount

Scott Chandler (Sleeper, my first actual move...picking him up off waivers)

Like I said, missed my draft...clearly, I gotta make moves. I have Manning and Cutler on the block. Figured I can trade both, and pick up Russell Wilson off waivers.

Figured I need help at WR, so I offered one team Peyton for Dwayne Bowe and Danny Amendola. (His only QB is Sam Bradford)

I also got an offer...McCoy and Michael Bush for Chris Johnson & Justin Blackmon OR McCoy & both Bushes for Witten, CJ, and Blackmon. Would ya'll take either deal?

No to both deals.... and honestly you aren't really gonna be able to trade Manning or Cutler, neither are true assets and I doubt you will get a startable WR in return.

Rudolph is cool tho.... I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with him as my starting TE

I have idiots in my league.  Player A traded Drew Brees (his first pick) and Maurice Jones-Drew to Player B for Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush.

Zyzz: I'm pretty sure I already answered the Stewart question. Refer to previous posts.

the hater boxden: Love your receivers, don't love your RB2. Already rated your team previously. As far as the trade offers, I would accept MJD and Fred Jackson for Megatron. You could counter with MJD and Fred Jackson for Fitz to see if the other manager takes the bait. I wouldn't do the second trade. Miles' hammy continues to trouble me. Fred Jackson is a very good RB2 but not worth Fitz.

That offer you made for Ray and McGahee may favor the other manager, but I suppose it's a move you have to make with WR surplus and RB2 need.

Nickthestick91: I would have gladly accepted AP for Gates and McGahee. Check my RB standard league rankings. I have Peterson ranked higher than most. He's ready to go beast mode after the first couple conservative weeks. Gates was surplus for you. Too bad the offer was cancelled.

The second offer is closer than you think, man. I would counter with a better player than Fred Davis. You already have Gates if you trade Gronk, no need for Davis despite his worth. Something like Marshall, Garcon, RB2 for Gronk and two Fillers.

EAGLE 0N: Do you mean 0.5 (not 0.05) per reception? If so, yes. Even if the WR field is deep. Let's say Rodgers, Foster, Rice, Shady, and Brady go first five picks. I think you have to take Megatron.

IMASOLEMAN18: Good stuff, bro. Post the squad. Hopefully your lil' cousin wins his league.

mojzo: 8.5/10. Could be a 9 if RG3 produces anywhere close to Cam. RG3 is a risk at QB, your only weak point but he's got a better arm and passing accuracy than Cam. Stacked at receiver and running back across the board.

Colston and Dez individually should bring back Martin and Filler in return. Or Fred Jackson and Filler. But I'm confused, you don't need a RB?

You could try Helu and Colston for Charles.

rck2sactown: 9.5/10. Perfect 10 if Britt even produces. RBs elite. Handcuffed Forte with Bush. Flex is a potential monster once Trent gets 25+ carries per game. Martin and Dez on the bench? Are you kidding me.

airblaster503: Cook, by a significant margin. He's a late-round sleeper at TE. Locker should look his way considerably.

Hugo: Tough position to pick. Don't know your league settings, but would look at Forte, CJ2K, or Stafford. You're basically selecting BPA who falls.

illmatic34: 7.5/10. Some may not rank Cruz, Torrey, and A. Brown as high as I do, but I like your receivers a lot. Matthews out hurts your squad in the short-term.

djkaos23: 6/10. Nate Washington huge on your bench. Don't love Ingram at the Flex in a 12-team. Your RBs the weakest point. Not horrible, but slightly below average IMO. Probably went Gronk too early (second-round), affected rest of your team. You don't need two K or three TEs. Pickup more RBs and WRs. Depth is underrated.

headorchest: Absolutely right about Keller's hammy. Has me extra concerned plus Sanchez or Tebow being inconsistent. That's what pushed me towards Daniels, but Gresham's upside is appealing. Loved his game at OU.

Dh20: 7.5/10. Drafted pretty well across the board. Ridley and Spiller good RB depth. You got Demaryius seventh-round?!

diewitsjames: Amendola has moderate value in PPR formats, but no. Not based on viewing your current roster. He's not worth the bench spot.

FinallyFamous: 8-team leagues are hard to rate because everyone is stacked. But 7.5/10. Like your RBs and WRs. Think you could have done better than Peyton in a 8-teamer. Like DeSean and Bush off the bench.

cubanref: 8.5/10. I'm rating higher than most probably would. I like the risks you took, MV7 especially. RBs with elite potential. Monster Martin in the Flex. High-reward payout with Dez and Gresham. Only player I might consider to drop Dwyer for is Baldwin. Careful with Collie's head injuries and Britt's ability to stay on the field.

Ronaldo Nazario: In all likelihood, Rodgers, Foster, and Rice off the board by your pick. That leaves Brady, Shady, or Megatron. What are your league settings? PPR is the only reason to take Megatron at #4. Otherwise Brady if it's 6-point passing TDs. If not, Shady all the way.

LESGodSon: Honestly 5-5.5/10. Auto-pick screwed you, my man. But there's room to make moves. You need a better RB2 first, Bush is fine in the Flex, nothing more. Keep Rudolph, he's a sleeper TE that can be had late. Next is to upgrade WR2. Santonio is a WR3 at best. Your best trade assets are Peyton and Cutler (like you thought). Agree with moving both and picking Russell off waivers. I would keep Miami D and drop Tennessee for RB and WR depth. You'll need it, brotha. I'd start Bush in the Flex for now over Wilson. Great trade for you to get Bowe and Amendola for Peyton. Hope the manager accepts. Try to acquire Titus Young, Nate Washington, Lance Moore, Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright. Can be had relatively cheaply, but still effective and possible sleepers.

Do not accept either of those deals. That other manager is buggin'. Trying to fleece you. I'd counter back Reggie Bush for CJ2K straight up because of the blatant disrespect.

My ESPN team

QB Peyton Manning
RB Doug Martin
RB Joe McKnight
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Justin Blackmon
TE Jimmy Graham
FLEX Jason Witten
D/ST Falcons
K Lawrence Tynes

Bench:
Josh Freeman
Delone Carter
Dexter McCluster
Baron Batch
Matt Moore
Ryan Broyles
Josh Cribbs

Last edited:
My ESPN team
QB Peyton Manning
RB Doug Martin
RB Joe McKnight
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Justin Blackmon
TE Jimmy Graham
FLEX Jason Witten
D/ST Falcons
K Lawrence Tynes
Bench Josh Freeman
Bench Delone Carter
Bench Dexter McCluster
Bench Baron Batch
Bench Matt Moore
Bench Ryan Broyles
Bench Josh Cribbs
How many teams in your league, man? McKnight cannot possibly be a RB2 in any format. Didn't need Witten as a second TE or Flex after Graham. Probably went Jimmy too early anyway. Garcon is a WR2 at best, more comfortably a WR3 or Flex. Blackmon as a WR2, that's aiming high because of Gabbert's incompetency.

cubanref: 8.5/10. I'm rating higher than most probably would. I like the risks you took, MV7 especially. RBs with elite potential. Monster Martin in the Flex. High-reward payout with Dez and Gresham. Only player I might consider to drop Dwyer for is Baldwin. Careful with Collie's head injuries and Britt's ability to stay on the field.

Thanks man I appreciate the insight. If my team can stay healthy and out of trouble I should be able to at least make the playoffs and have a run at winning it. Hopefully I can get some nice waiver wire finds during the season.

I just finished a 12 team ppr scoring. 10th pick

QB- Phillip Rivers, Russell Wilson

RB- Ryan Mathews, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Peyton Hillis, CJ spiller, Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams

WR- Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Antonio Brown, Titus Young, Kendall Wright, B. Lafell

TE- Celek

i stockpiled RB's for trade bait. How do you guys feel about it?

ESPN Standard 12 team league. Two keepers.

Tom Brady
LeSean McCoy
Willis McGahee
Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Matt Prater

Ben Tate
Michael Bush
Jared Cook
Mike Williams (TB)
Kendall Wright
Greg Little
Ryan Williams

What do you guys think? I was offered Julio Jones and my choice of either Doug Martin or Reggie Bush for McCoy....would you take it?

12 team non ppr...

Romo
Calvin
Roddy
Anquan
Forte
McGahee
A.Hernandez
D.Wilson

J.Hanson
Seattle

Bench:
M.Bush
Luck
S.Moss
Manningham
K.Hunter
O.Daniels

I kinda like my team other than my WR Depth...not sure if im gonna keep Daniels on the squad. Wat y'all think?

ESPN Standard 12 team league. Two keepers.
Tom Brady
LeSean McCoy
Willis McGahee
Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Matt Prater
Ben Tate
Michael Bush
Jared Cook
Mike Williams (TB)
Kendall Wright
Greg Little
Ryan Williams
What do you guys think? I was offered Julio Jones and my choice of either Doug Martin or Reggie Bush for McCoy....would you take it?

Team looks pretty good man...no real weakness IMO. I would not take that trade...ur gonna need that production from RB and ur WRs are pretty good.

12 team non ppr...

Romo
Calvin
Roddy
Anquan
Forte
McGahee
A.Hernandez
D.Wilson

J.Hanson
Seattle

Bench:
M.Bush
Luck
S.Moss
Manningham
K.Hunter
O.Daniels

I kinda like my team other than my WR Depth...not sure if im gonna keep Daniels on the squad. Wat y'all think?

nice squad. I'd drop owen daniels, though extra Te is not necessary right now. Whos D wilson though? David Wilson?

Last edited:
I just finished a 12 team ppr scoring. 10th pick

QB- Phillip Rivers, Russell Wilson

RB- Ryan Mathews, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Peyton Hillis, CJ spiller, Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams

WR- Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Antonio Brown, Titus Young, Kendall Wright, B. Lafell

TE- Celek

i stockpiled RB's for trade bait. How do you guys feel about it?

Pretty solid squad. Whats your format? I'd move one of those RBs for a better TE though, not a believer in celek. Also need to spilt up rivers and matthews, its not a good idea to have the QB and RB from the same team cause one of them will usually score and the other wont.

Last edited:
nice squad. I'd drop owen daniels, though extra Te is not necessary right now. Whos D wilson though? David Wilson?

yeah David Wilson...i may drop Daniels, but there's no one else on the market worth picking up. I keep wanting to pick up Taiwan Jones just cuz McFadden is so brittle...but ill prolly wait till after week one.

ChampCruThik, haha yeah, the draft was so disorganized because of a new commissioner this year people would blurt out names then end up not drafting them so nobody ever really knew who was still on the board. That's how I got Demaryius in the 7th. You think I need to make any moves?

finished another online draft today. 10 man league, 1st pick.

QB- Matt Ryan & Jake Locker
RB- Shady McCoy (1st Pick), Fred Jackson, Doug Martin, Donald Brown
WR- Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Erick Decker
TE- Jermaine Gresham & Jared Cook
D/ST- Packers & Titans
K- Matt Prater

i feel like i drafted better than my last league. what yall think?

I know MJD's week 1 status is up in the air.. but need convincing on NOT starting him week 1

Pick 1 for my flex (non ppr)

Stevie Johnson (He will be on Revis Island)
Doug Martin is playing Carolina
MJD well... you know
BGE is at Baltimore

I know MJD's week 1 status is up in the air.. but need convincing on NOT starting him week 1
Pick 1 for my flex (non ppr)
Stevie Johnson (He will be on Revis Island)
Doug Martin is playing Carolina
MJD well... you know
BGE is at Baltimore

Revis island doesnt really matter for Johnson, but I'd go Doug Martin easily

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom