2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Looking to get an opinion on one of my teams due to me having the last pick (12th) in the draft. BTW its a PPR league
QB
Philip Rivers
WR
Steve Smith
WR
Brandon Lloyd
WR
Robert Meachem
RB
Marshawn Lynch
RB
Beanie Wells
TE
Jimmy Graham
BN
Matt Schaub
BN
Michael Crabtree
BN
Brent Celek
BN
Mark Ingram
BN
Nate Burleson
BN
James Jones

K
Sebastian Janikowski

DEF
San Francisco

Any opinions will be appreciated!

My need for fantasy advice: Recent trade I made in a very competitive NT league that's been running multiple years. 6-point passing TDs and PPR. 12-team league, all serious managers.
I traded away Brady, Colston, and Gore. I received Matty Ice, Arian Foster, and Roddy White. Thoughts?
Pending league approval my squad will look like:
QB - Ryan
RB - Foster
RB - K. Smith
WR - Marshall
WR - Welker
WR - Roddy
TE - Rudolph
W/R - DeSean
K - Gould
DEF - Jets
BN - Beanie
BN - Britt
BN - M. Bush
BN - Helu
BN - S. Rice
BN - Blount
Jonbx5: You could trade Matty Ice in a package to improve a starting position, unless you want legitimate insurance for Matty Stafford (injury prone in the past). Welker is a monster in PPR formats regardless of Lloyd. Even 100 receptions is valuable and more than almost every receiver in the league.
the hater boxden: Three elite receivers. Would consider moving Fitz to upgrade RB2. Biggest weakness is Stewart currently. Might want to start Pettigrew opening the season until Witten sorts out his injury. Willis racks up tackles next to Bowman. Lee underrated, usually nabs a couple INTs throughout the season. Sacks too. Definitely would start Steelers D over Detroit. Not buying the Lions hype on defense. 7/10, pending a trade of one of your premier receivers. That offer I would pass on, but MJD and Jackson for Fitz is more than fair for you (instead of Megatron). I'm honestly not loving that second trade offer. Giving up too much to get Ray Rice, even though I believe he can be a top-3 fantasy producer with ease.
senor chang: I believe that's a fair and legitimate trade. Don't know why the league would vote against.
Proshares: Do keep me posted on the MJD trade proposals.
I wouldn't do that trade, by the way. Megatron is tempting but Julio is due for a monster year and only a step behind in potential production. If Megatron is first tier, Julio is knocking on the door at second tier. Don't know what to expect with Matthews. He's been a hype machine with limited payout thus far. Keep Ray for now until a better offer presents itself.
HighRiser07: 8/10. Even higher if Britt plays and stays healthy, away from suspension. Wayne not the greatest WR3, but adequate enough I suppose. Would package Fred Davis in a deal for a WR3 upgrade with Wayne.
bobbyphills: Rice, Shady, Megatron, Rodgers, Brady, Brees most likely off the board. Seventh could be CJ2K. I rate it Forte, Peterson, Charles in that order. Forte is the easy choice PPR. Peterson is a bit risky but legitimate RB1, potential top-10 fantasy producer. Charles is the wildcard, capable of home-run plays. Not better than Forte or Peterson IMO.
FlyerThanDelta: I love him as a WR5, less as a WR4. He has a similar skill-set to Brandon Marshall IMO, albeit not as high quality. Big receiver can jump over defenders, go over the middle, adequate speed but obviously not world-class quickness. He could become Cutler's third favorite option after Marshall and Forte with time.

Thanks Champ I appreciate the input! I think I'll try to offer Wayne and Davis for Torrey Smith.

16 Team League. PPR. 6 Pts. TD
QB: T.Romo
RB: A. Foster
WR: J. Nelson
WR: A. Brown
TE: B. Pettigrew
FLX: M. Ingram
FLX: T. Young
K: R. Bironas
DEF: Cowboys
Bench:
1. A. Dalton
2. E. Royster
3. M. Lewis
4. D. Keller
5. L. Naanee
6. S.D. Def
What do you guys think? Anyone I should go after or switch? Any feedback is much appreciated
Baydestrian408: For a 16-team league, 9/10. High potential in Brown and Young. Foster your elite cornerstone. Would have waited longer for Pettigrew and the TE position in a 16-team league. Assuming you took him relatively early, within the first 8 or so rounds. Why have three TEs? Too late to drop Keller or Lewis. Both have too much value in a deep league. Would have drafted RB or WR initially though over Keller.

Appreciate the feedback Champ. I'm thinking of dropping a TE for a RB, I just don't know which TE to drop and what RB to go for. Think you can help me out here? Available RB's are: Dwyer, A. Morris, McClain, Leshoure?

AG 47: I have Jordy Nelson two or three spots higher than Dez. No, he won't post the same TDs or big numbers as last year. Rodgers spreads the football around too much and Cobb is ready to breakout. A Jones trade to Miami would help all remaining parties. I also see Finley getting more targets to validate his contract and prove he's in the same tier as Gronk and Jimmy. I have relatively modest expectations for Nelson this season, projecting close to 1,150 receiving yards with 12 TDs (three less than least season). My thing with Dez is that although linking him with Romo is tempting and wise, pending Miles' hammy flaring up. Bryant hasn't yet played up to his potential. I'm worried about that knee injured in preseason but also off-the-field distractions stemming from his mother. Knee tendinitis is tedious to deal with over 16 regular season games. I'm not against trading Jordy, just not for Dez. High-risk, high-reward.

diewitsjames: 8/10. Love Bradshaw and Brown as RB3 and RB4. Garcon adequate as WR3. Tate a sleeper if Arian falters. Wright and Blackmon have potential value sneaking in as WR3s.

Not crazy about Burner Turner this season in fantasy, but something like Rodgers and Turner for DMC and Eli is fair for you. He might counter with Beanie instead to keep his RB2.

senor chang: Jennings would be my last option. Yes, he's getting the start over MJD but I don't see Jacksonville moving the football all that well with Gabbert at QB. I'd nominate Martin against the Panthers slightly over Decker. Martin is the clear starter at the moment and Schiano loves to pound the football. They see a lot of Ray Rice in him. Also, Martin can catch. Decker has a nice rapport with Peyton but could take a few weeks to get going. Pittsburgh isn't an ideal match-up based on their strong defensive prowess over the years.

Freddie Black: Picture isn't working for me. Pead is only worth a handcuff based on the players on your bench considering to be dropped in return. Fleener for Mendy is fair, but I think you could try pushing even harder for a better player and wait for a counter from the manager.

Air Spider 777: Wouldn't have went Marshawn and Jimmy on your back-to-back. Think it negatively affected the rest of your draft. Weak at RB2. Potentially weak at WR3. 6/10. Would consider trading Jimmy for a big package to strengthen your starting RBs and WR corps. Something like Jimmy for Doug Martin and Julio, if you can pull that off. Pickup Ry Williams if he's available, need that Arizona handcuff.

HighRiser07: Smith is good but you can do even better than that. Fred Davis is ranked higher than Torrey in most expert rankings. So combined with Wayne you should shoot slightly higher. Brandon Lloyd or Stevie Johnson.

Baydestrian408: Definitely Morris. Opening week starter in all likelihood. But long-term, Morris may not be the starter with Shanny switching to Royster (who you already have), Helu, and Hightower. Keller's hammy is a concern but the Jets say he's ready to play. Keep an eye on that injury. He's a solid security blanket for Sanchez or Tebow. Marcedes was a beast with Garrard but not anymore with Gabbert. Probably the likely TE I'd drop for Morris, but maybe even Naanee first.

My need for fantasy advice: Had to drop Winslow because he wouldn't take a pay-cut in Seattle. Would you guys rather have Keller (hammy concerns) or Daniels starting at TE? Gresham also available.

^ I would take Daniels. Keller isn't a terrible option, but I think a healthy Daniels with a healthy Schuab at QB is a potentially much better option.

Looking for input -

League starts 2 RB/2 WR/1 Flex

At WR I have - B. Marsh, D. Bowe, Demariyus Thomas, Dez Bryant and Kenny Britt

At RB I have - Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews (hurt and out week 1), BGE, Roy Helu and Felix Jones

Although my flex position is solid in terms of WRs I'd rather have a RB there. I've sent out the following trades:

Dwayne Bowe, BGE and Felix Jones for Jamaal Charles and Pierre Garcon

and

Dwayne Bowe and BGE for DeMarco Murray

Thoughts on those two trade offers? Fair, not enough on my end, or am I giving up too much? What do you guys think about Bowe and Helu for Frank Gore?

^ I would take Daniels. Keller isn't a terrible option, but I think a healthy Daniels with a healthy Schuab at QB is a potentially much better option.
Looking for input -
League starts 2 RB/2 WR/1 Flex
At WR I have - B. Marsh, D. Bowe, Demariyus Thomas, Dez Bryant and Kenny Britt
At RB I have - Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews (hurt and out week 1), BGE, Roy Helu and Felix Jones
Although my flex position is solid in terms of WRs I'd rather have a RB there. I've sent out the following trades:
Dwayne Bowe, BGE and Felix Jones for Jamaal Charles and Pierre Garcon
and

Dwayne Bowe and BGE for DeMarco Murray

Thoughts on those two trade offers? Fair, not enough on my end, or am I giving up too much? What do you guys think about Bowe and Helu for Frank Gore?
Thanks, man. That's what I did for now. Daniels my new starting TE.

I would not do Bowe and Helu for Gore. Bowe is better than Gore straight up. Dez for Gore may be a better option because of your need for a temporary RB2, but I still wouldn't do that either.

First trade is fair for you. PPR? Charles will solidify your RB2 until Matthews returns (probably W3). Garcon may post better than his ADP because of the RG3 connection. He'll have Smitty-type looks and targets.

Second trade is also fair but I like the first one far better. Murray looked good in limited time last year, but he's unproven consistently. Injury concerns as well, seems like that's the case with most of Dallas' key offensive play-makers. At least you have the Jones handcuff.

MJD reporting. feelsjohngoodman.

know all we have to worry bout is his body

Champ, you play FFPC or NFFC at all?

MJD reporting. feelsjohngoodman.
know all we have to worry bout is his body
Champ, you play FFPC or NFFC at all?
I actually haven't played FFPC, surprisingly. Have certainly considered it in-depth though. I'm assuming you do. Two national contents, right?

Thankfully MJD's running style (power) doesn't require as much time as a RB like CJ2K, who relies on speed and cutting. Of course MJD will still require a grace period to get in football shape and adapt to game speed. Something that can't be simulated regardless what you do to stay fit and prepared. Just ask T.O.

Jennings probably still starts W1. I'd be shocked to see MJD get more than 10 carries.

Thought I'd share my top-25 PPR board, 4-point passing TDs (standard). Subject to change daily, hourly.

1) Ray Rice
2) Arian Foster
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Calvin Johnson
5) LeSean McCoy
6) Tom Brady
7) Chris Johnson
8) Wes Welker
9) Larry Fitzgerald
10) Drew Brees
11) Matt Forte
12) Roddy White
13) A.J. Green
14) Matthew Stafford
15) Victor Cruz
16) Mike Wallace
17) Maurice Jones-Drew
18) Brandon Marshall
19) Julio Jones
20) Greg Jennings
21) Jimmy Graham
22) Andre Johnson
23) Hakeem Nicks
24) Darren Sproles
25) Rob Gronkowski

Next five: Jamaal Charles, Cam Newton, Percy Harvin, Fred Jackson, Ryan Matthews.

My top-15 fantasy QBs:
1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Stafford
5) Cam
6) Eli
7) Vick
8) Romo
9) Rivers
10) Peyton
11) Matty Ice
12) Cutler
13) Big Ben
14) Schaub
15) Freeman

Next five: RG3, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Luck, Flacco.

My top-15 RBs (standard scoring):
1) Ray
2) Foster
3) Shady
4) CJ2K
5) Forte
6) Peterson
7) MJD
8) DMC
9) Charles
10) Lynch
11) Murray
12) Fred Jackson
13) Beast S-Jax
14) Matthews
15) Richardson

Next five: Sproles, Turner, Doug Martin, Gore, Bradshaw.

If anyone is interested in joining a league (I know it's late...), feel free!
Yahoo! No money, just recreational purposes.

League ID#: 813280

League name: Young Money #2

Password: weezy

Live draft is on Sunday, September 2 at 2:00 PM

Baydestrian408: Definitely Morris. Opening week starter in all likelihood. But long-term, Morris may not be the starter with Shanny switching to Royster (who you already have), Helu, and Hightower. Keller's hammy is a concern but the Jets say he's ready to play. Keep an eye on that injury. He's a solid security blanket for Sanchez or Tebow. Marcedes was a beast with Garrard but not anymore with Gabbert. Probably the likely TE I'd drop for Morris, but maybe even Naanee first.

Someone swooped on Morris. What do you think about Brandon Jackson? Backup to T.Richardson. Apparently he's number 2 on the depth chart ahead of Hardesty.

Or do I pick up L. Blount?

Last edited:
Someone swooped on Morris. What do you think about Brandon Jackson? Backup to T.Richardson. Apparently he's number 2 on the depth chart ahead of Hardesty.
Not big on Brandon Jackson. I believe Hardesty is the better back regardless of current depth chart, and it should show by season's end. Out of the four names you listed, Leshoure has most value long-term, not immediately. Once the injuries and suspension are settled, probably by W5. List more available RBs. Is Turbin available? Good pickup with Lynch's ailing back.

Picture isn't working for me. Pead is only worth a handcuff based on the players on your bench considering to be dropped in return. Fleener for Mendy is fair, but I think you could try pushing even harder for a better player and wait for a counter from the manager.
Ah whoops, I keep forgetting the issues with imgur on NT have still not been resolved completely.  I've edited my post to fix the image.

If there was an area of weakness I had to identify on my team I think it would be WR as I have no true #1; he's got Bowe and Marshall so I may up the asking price.

Ah whoops, I keep forgetting the issues with imgur on NT have still not been resolved completely.  I've edited my post to fix the image.

If there was an area of weakness I had to identify on my team I think it would be WR as I have no true #1; he's got Bowe and Marshall so I may up the asking price.
Wow, strong squad. 9/10 in a 12-team league. You aren't weak at WR in my opinion. I'm extremely high on Brown. Decker has good rapport with Peyton. Could be his new Stokley or Harrison (optimistic) in Denver. I wouldn't add Pead because I don't think he's worth dropping anyone on your current roster for. Only if S-Jax picks up a knock, of course. Fleener for Mendy is fairly good value, but you don't really need him with Davis starting. I would try to do Jordy and Mendy for Marshall and Filler. Then drop the Filler for Pead.

Not big on Brandon Jackson. I believe Hardesty is the better back regardless of current depth chart, and it should show by season's end. Out of the four names you listed, Leshoure has most value long-term, not immediately. Once the injuries and suspension are settled, probably by W5. List more available RBs. Is Turbin available? Good pickup with Lynch's ailing back.

Turbin not available. Do you think Dwyer gets a good load in Pittsburgh? If I were to pick someone up, if would be for my flex, as my league plays 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, and 1 Def.

You say to check back after week 5. Who do I start for my 2nd flex position? Ingram, TE, WR?

Here's a pic of available RB's as of right now.

Wow, strong squad. 9/10 in a 12-team league. You aren't weak at WR in my opinion. I'm extremely high on Brown. Decker has good rapport with Peyton. Could be his new Stokley or Harrison (optimistic) in Denver. I wouldn't add Pead because I don't think he's worth dropping anyone on your current roster for. Only if S-Jax picks up a knock, of course. Fleener for Mendy is fairly good value, but you don't really need him with Davis starting. I would try to do Jordy and Mendy for Marshall and Filler. Then drop the Filler for Pead.
I did alright for having the 11th pick.
laugh.gif
  A couple of knuckleheads helped to make the chip fall in my favor more than once.

Maybe weakness wasn't the right word.  Most room for improvement might accurately convey my sentiments a bit more, however marginal it may be.  I do agree with your assessment of those guys because that was certainly my line of thinking when taking them.

I may just sit tight for now instead of making any hasty moves.  This might be the most value Mendenhall has all year, which is okay since he wouldn't be cracking my lineup much, if at all, any way.  That would also enable me to drop him later and pick up Pead if I desire.  And if he does garner some value during the season I've got a nice trading chip sitting on my bench.

Last edited:
Turbin not available. Do you think Dwyer gets a good load in Pittsburgh? If I were to pick someone up, if would be for my flex, as my league plays 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, and 1 Def.
You say to check back after week 5. Who do I start for my 2nd flex position? Ingram, TE, WR?
Here's a pic of available RB's as of right now.

In a 16-team league, Titus Young is excellent as a Flex #1 option. Ingram more than adequate as Flex #2. Keller first plug-in for bye week in Flex. Lewis second. Royster wait-and-see approach based on Shanny's use of him.

Jones, Pead, Blount (in that order). For bench RB depth. Jones is the next man up if DMC goes down. Liked the kid's game in preseason. Pead is a good S-Jax handcuff. Blount only worth a look if Martin goes down or performs poorly, which neither I see happening.

I took Shonne Greene over Doug Martin was gonna get Martin on the come back but he was taken now I feel I messed up
mean.gif
Hopefully Greene goes ham this year, but it's unlikely unless maybe Tebow comes in and makes the jets the number 1 rushing team in the league
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I took Shonne Greene over Doug Martin was gonna get Martin on the come back but he was taken now I feel I messed up :smh: Hopefully Greene goes ham this year, but it's unlikely unless maybe Tebow comes in and makes the jets the number 1 rushing team in the league :nerd:
Greene isn't awful, but you did drop the ball, man. Martin is significantly better and more valuable. Work a trade involving Greene plus Filler for Martin.

Week 1 Flex spot

Ridley @ TEN or Torrey Smith vs Cincy?

I have Ray Rice in my lineup so i don't know about starting two of the same teammates

Hey guys, I need 5 more heads for my fantasy league. Anyone interested?

They deleted my thread about it in General :smh:

Hey guys, I need 5 more heads for my fantasy league. Anyone interested?
They deleted my thread about it in General :smh:

whens the draft? how many players? type of league? Consistent owners?

whens the draft? how many players? type of league? Consistent owners?

The draft is set for tomorrow afternoon (I've had so many flakers when it came to my invites. Half those fools didn't even join)

Its a 10 team league, snake draft, league manager format (ESPN), head to head points.

I'm not sure what consistent owners are considering as to how this is my first real year making my own league. For the past 2 years I've been playing under Yahoo leagues.

Back
Top Bottom