2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Yeah Brown and Ridley were there. I didn't really consider Brown, I was very stuck on Ridley and Law Firm. I was worried about Ridley being involed in the NE offense that he's not gonna get too much love.

And would it be considered a bad move to take an extra WR despite needing a TE or backup RB in the 7th? Dwayne Bowe was there and I just couldn't let him pass the value was too good IMO considering the RBs and TEs available......

Yeah Brown and Ridley were there. I didn't really consider Brown, I was very stuck on Ridley and Law Firm. I was worried about Ridley being involed in the NE offense that he's not gonna get too much love.
And would it be considered a bad move to take an extra WR despite needing a TE or backup RB in the 7th? Dwayne Bowe was there and I just couldn't let him pass the value was too good IMO considering the RBs and TEs available......
Great job if you took Bowe, man. Follow your hunch/gut. Don't know the rest of your roster, but Bowe and Lloyd as WR2 and WR3 is excellent. Bowe is down the board because of missing camp and the short holdout. Cassel is also garbage but Bowe will make due like Fitz does in Arizona. You can get a TE so late it's not even funny. Most overrated position in fantasy nowadays thanks to Gronk and Jimmy, rightfully so for those two specific players. Everyone else? Like Gates, Finley, Fred Davis, Hernandez. Too early for my taste.

You're right about Ridley. Bill is too fickle. Vereen pushing for reps. I would have went Brown, think this is his year to be a fringe RB2, true Flex. Law Firm is fine though. No worries.

do i jus take brady or brees and come back with gronk or graham. then scoop a top tier rb with my 3rd pick? #21

parada45: Giants are the best, most consistent bet. But I would flag Falcons, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cowboys, Bengals, Pats in that order. Don't draft defenses too early, guys. Look at the depth and FA pool. You can play weekly match-ups.

JEWSEEJAY: Depends on the scoring. Rodgers, Foster, or Rice first for me. Only three truly worth considering.

Dream pairing of Brady/Gronk or Brees/Jimmy but then you severely cripple your RBs and WRs, even with the deep WR pool. I really don't like TE that early (second-round).

SonOfTony: Just noticed your location. Recently moved to North NJ?

^ Take a RB, smh guys were reaching like hell in my draft. Graham/Gronk went back to back at 19 & 20
ohwell.gif

Just dropped the Kicker and scooped up Shane Vereen. nvm

I'm thinking of dropping Grimes and taking one of:

Nnamdi, Jonathan Joseph, or Asante Samuels?

Last edited:
jblackcat13: Love Fred Davis on the bench, could trade him or Hernandez. No need for two top-75 overall (TE). Pierre will push Ridley for RB2. Flag Vereen and Ingram. Titus allows you to potentially package Garcon with Davis for a better RB2.

Thanks I'll see what kind of deal I could make with someone with that option.

i see your RB weak, maybe flip Steve Smith (who i think is going to regress) for another RB

Murray has to have back to back seasons and with the Bryant, Witten and Miles all hurt idk how effective the run game is going to be.

Helu depends on RG3 and that Skins Oline

Ingram is in a crowded backfield

MrONegative: 7/10. Only question is Smith, Helu, or Brown at RB2. Start Kevin Smith initially at RB2. Not big on Malc Floyd in fantasy or holding Olsen as a backup TE.
Good luck, fellas. :smokin

I was way to drunk to draft..... heres how it went

I feel pretty bad with MGahee and Stewart but other than that meh
[table][tr][th=""]THE DICTATION  (0-0)[/th][/tr][tr][td]SLOT[/td][td]PLAYER, TEAM POS[/td][td]ACQ[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Tom Brady, NE QB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Darren McFadden, Oak RB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Willis McGahee, Den RB[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB/WR[/td][td]Jonathan Stewart, Car RB  Q [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB/WR[/td][td]Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Brandon Lloyd, NE WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Percy Harvin, Min WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Jimmy Graham, NO TE [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]K[/td][td]Stephen Gostkowski, NE K[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Kenny Britt, Ten WR  SSPD [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]DeAngelo Williams, Car RB[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Titus Young, Det WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Kendall Wright, Ten WR [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Evan Royster, Wsh RB  P [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Andrew Luck, Ind QB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Jared Cook, Ten TE[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Bernard Scott, Cin RB  Q [/td][td]Draft
 [/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Take a RB, smh guys were reaching like hell in my draft. Graham/Gronk went back to back at 19 & 20 :\

Just dropped the Kicker and scooped up Shane Vereen. nvm

I'm thinking of dropping Grimes and taking one of:

Nnamdi, Jonathan Joseph, or Asante Samuels?
Only one I'd consider is Joseph. But Optimus Grimes should have a good season in ATL.

Pains me to say, Nnamdi is a shell of himself, the Oakland version. Zant gambles too much for my taste. May not even get as many INTs as in the past (NE and Philly).

I too am hesitant to roll with Nnamdi. Reports out of ATL slightly indicating Zant could be the odd man out w/ Dunta showing out..I think I'll stick with Grimes, hopefully he's a tackling machine out there.

Just got the chance to cuff Tate with Foster; B. Celek + I. Redman for B. Tate + J. Tamme. Hopefully he accepts
happy.gif

CHECKS: That's an amazing deal for you. Hope it goes through.

rck2sactown: Agree with McGahee and Stewart being potentially weak. You could always package Mac9, DeAngelo, or Britt to acquire a strong RB2.

Just finished my draft. 12 team keeper league PPR. I just joined this keeper league so the guys who were already there had a few of the good players already from past years (Arian Foster, McFadden, etc.) were gone. I had the 2nd pick.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Darren Sproles
RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR - Roddy White
WR - Brandon Lloyd
TE - Jacob Tamme
Flex - Steve Johnson
D/ST - Pittsburgh
K - Dan Bailey
RES - Dwayne Bowe
RES - Carson Palmer
RES - Ryan Williams
RES - Jared Cook
RES - DeAngelo Williams

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Just finished my draft. 12 team keeper league PPR. I just joined this keeper league so the guys who were already there had a few of the good players already from past years (Arian Foster, McFadden, etc.) were gone. I had the 2nd pick.
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Darren Sproles
RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR - Roddy White
WR - Brandon Lloyd
TE - Jacob Tamme
Flex - Steve Johnson
D/ST - Pittsburgh
K - Dan Bailey
RES - Dwayne Bowe
RES - Carson Palmer
RES - Ryan Williams
RES - Jared Cook
RES - DeAngelo Williams
Let me know what you guys think!
Start Bowe in the Flex over Stevie. Cook may push Tamme for the starting TE job. Ry Williams huge value in case Beanie loses the job. Could package DeAngelo and Stevie for a better RB2. Law Firm adequate, but someone like Fred Jackson or Doug Martin better. Wouldn't even hold Carson on the bench unless you think he posts top-15 QB numbers.

you guys who choose first. whod you roll with? 

i took rice first overall...i def wanted an RB with my first round pick, so i was hoping for a top 3 or 4 spot. with the top spot, it clearly came down to foster and rice, and i went with the guy who i believe is sturdier and likely to play all 16. i had the same mentality last year when i was picking something like 12th or 13th in the second round, choosing between roddy white and andre johnson...went with roddy, and even though all my league-mates bashed me at first, look how that turned out

would you trade d-willy for fred davis straight up? this guy has fred davis on his bench, and although im really high on jared cook this year, id like to have some insurance just in case. i had d-willy last year and vowed to never take a panthers RB again, and yet i took j-stew in one league and d-willy in the other :smh:

thanks Champ...repped

Last edited:
Okay..I need some feed back..Had the draft over the weekend..ESPN Standard Scoring 10 Team League...Everyone was reaching like crazy..Last year I had no kind of depth so I definitely overcompensated on RB's..Let me know what and who I should look to trade..

QB - Tom Brady

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Steven Jackson

WR - Brandon Marshall

WR - DeSean Jackson

TE - Coby Fleener

Flex - Reggie Bush

D/ST - Bengals

K - Matt Bryant

Bench - BenJarvus Green Ellis

Bench - Steven Ridley

Bench - Issac Redman

Bench - Pierre Gracon

Bench - Donald Brown

Bench - Ben Rothlisberger

Bench - Denarius Moore

12 team, 2 keeper standard league with 6pt TDs for all positions. I kept nobody from last year, started fresh.

QB 1 BigBen

QB 2 Fitzpatrick

RB 1 RunDMC

RB 2 T. Richardson

RB 3 Ridley

RB    David Wilson

RB    Ryan Williams

RB    Taiwan Jones

WR 1 Brandon Marshall

WR 2 Antonio Brown

WR 3 Pierre Garcon

WR 4 Torrey Smith

TE  1 Pettigrew

D ATL

K Bironas

What do you think of my chances this year? Who do I start week one? Thanks in advance.

B

Somebody in one of my leagues just dropped Ben Tate to pick up Toby Gerhart :lol:. Not sure what the reason for that was. I mean I know AP is gonna take it slow the first few weeks but I still like Tate alot more than him. I'm 3rd in the waiver order so hopefully my claim to pick him up goes through. Dropping LaFell if it does. Hoping either Foster gets hurt or I can use him as trade bait on Foster's owner.

Last edited:
Looking for 3 more to join a Yahoo 12 man league, draft is Tuesday night @ 8:45 PM PST.
PM me your email :smokin

Back
Top Bottom