2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I could use some help to round out my team. I kind of feel like my running backs are weak. I don't know if I should look to get Toby Gerhart to handcuff with Peterson. I'm also not sure about the receivers on my bench. Any help is appreciated in regards to who to start and any possible moves.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Stevan Ridley
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Aaron Hernandez
FLEX: AJ Green
DEF: Houston Texans
K: Alex Henery
BENCH:
Adrian Peterson
Ben Tate
Jeremy Maclin
Titus Young
Torrey Smith
Brandon Pettigrew
Matt Ryan

my 2nd draft..14 team league ppr: feedback pls! :smile:

qb- brees
wr- nicks, decker
rb- mjd, reggie bush
te- tamme
k- gould
def- texans
idp- d'qwell jackson

bench-
qb- bradford
rb- kevin smith, redman, jennings
wr- amendola, santonio holmes

Yo, I'm bout to sign up for some Yahoo PRO leagues. Gotta be easy money, right? Just wish it weren't 10-team leagues.

ForeverDecember21: 6.5/10. Package a trade involving Eli to upgrade your RBs or WRs. Not seeing a huge year for V-Jax. Turner and Bradshaw both RB2s, you have no true RB1 but Eli can help get you one packaged with Bradshaw.
I would still start Stevie. I remember him producing on Revis Island in at least one of the two division match-ups last year against the Jets. Santonio second, Robinson third. Gabbert untrustworthy.
Difficult call on the defenses. SF offense is improved but still not anywhere near elite. GB D lets up a lot of yards but forces turnovers. I'm convinced the G-Men are going to win the season opener. Think they do so behind Eli and the D. Lots of sacks and pressure on Romo. Home atmosphere, defending champs. No Witten probably. Can't see the Cowboys scoring more than 17 points. I'll take the G-Men D by a slight margin..

Good looking out. Repped for being an animal getting back to people :pimp:

Last edited:
think i can make playoffs with this team in a 12 tm league?

Tony Romo, Dal QB

LeSean McCoy, Phi RB

Reggie Bush, Mia RB

Stevan Ridley, NE RB

Mike Wallace, Pit WR

Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR

Vernon Davis, SF TE

Seahawks D/ST D/ST

Jason Hanson, Det K

Bench Lance Moore, NO WR

Bench Nate Washington, Ten WR

Bench Pierre Thomas, NO RB

Bench Laurent Robinson, Jac WR

Bench Josh Freeman, TB QB

Bench Michael Bush, Chi RB

Bench Bills D/ST

Recent draft, a little iffy about a few of the players, but ehhh... 
ohwell.gif

QB:Mathew Stafford

WR:Brandon Marshall

WR:Mike Wallace

WR:Marques Colston

RB: Chris Johnson

RB:Jonathan Stewart

TE:Jermaine Gresham

Flex:Demaryius Thomas

BN:CJ Spiller

BN:Donnie Avery

BN:Brandon LaFell

BN:Jared Cook

BN:Christian Ponder

K:Matt Prater

DEF:Buffalo

Start Bowe in the Flex over Stevie. Cook may push Tamme for the starting TE job. Ry Williams huge value in case Beanie loses the job. Could package DeAngelo and Stevie for a better RB2. Law Firm adequate, but someone like Fred Jackson or Doug Martin better. Wouldn't even hold Carson on the bench unless you think he posts top-15 QB numbers.

Thanks for all the help Champ. It's a weird league, there's no trades and it costs $5 in total to add and drop a player so that's why I have Carson. Hoping that DeAngelo has a solid year and doesn't split too much time with J-Stew, although I know that's a very slim chance, I think he'll do well.

I could use some help to round out my team. I kind of feel like my running backs are weak. I don't know if I should look to get Toby Gerhart to handcuff with Peterson. I'm also not sure about the receivers on my bench. Any help is appreciated in regards to who to start and any possible moves.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Stevan Ridley
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Aaron Hernandez
FLEX: AJ Green
DEF: Houston Texans
K: Alex Henery
BENCH:
Adrian Peterson
Ben Tate
Jeremy Maclin
Titus Young
Torrey Smith
Brandon Pettigrew
Matt Ryan

my 2nd draft..14 team league ppr: feedback pls! :smile:

qb- brees
wr- nicks, decker
rb- mjd, reggie bush
te- tamme
k- gould
def- texans
idp- d'qwell jackson

bench-
qb- bradford
rb- kevin smith, redman, jennings
wr- amendola, santonio holmes

Mikejs, really nice squad, 10 team league? Purple Jesus and S-Jax should keep your team afloat at RB. The connection you have with Stafford and Megatron is money though, nice job on doubling down. Your WR core is really strong, and if you feel you like you need to upgrade at RB, then I'd most likely move AJ Green, maybe for someone like Fred Jackson who I think is going to have a really good year coming off injury. Spiller aint ready for a full workload, still a change of pace in my opinion. However, really nice squad, only thing that could hold you back is injuries.

Mustbetheshoes, you have ppr monsters in reggie and mjd so that should definitely carry your workload from a running back position. Brees is a stud so you'll be fine there. The only concern you might have is the wideouts because decker is still unproven and nicks is just coming off an injured foot. I do like decker alot though, seems like peytons favorite target right now entering the season so he will definitely see plenty of passes his way. Bench is kind of weak, amendola is cool but man santonio is going to be bad, the jets just suck at passing. Your rbs are solid though, best aint coming back for a while and redman should see the bulk of load before mendenhall comes back. I think bradford will have a nice year, somewhere along his rookie year but a lil bit better. Overall good squad, you will definitely compete each and every week.

^ don't try and fit a square peg into a round hole....

you'll get stuffed.

Start Gerhart over Peterson week 1.

Also, Mathews isn't even cleared for contact yet, he's not getting any carries week 1, if Ronnie Brown is available on your waiver wire, scoop him up. If not, you'll be starting Peyton Hillis week.

Also, Evan Royster is atop the 'Skins depth chart (once again) he might be worth a consideration. Dwyer also shouldn't be on anyone's wire.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about my team.  12 team PPR league.  Feedback?

QB: Rivers

RB1: Forte

RB2: Fred Jackson

WR1: Calvin

WR2: Julio Jones

TE: Pettigrew

FLEX: Maclin

Last edited:
Non PPR league.......who should I start at WR between Reggie Wayne and Steve Smith? Wayne goes up against Bears D and Smith goes up against Tampa?

This is going to bother me all week. Please help!! Pick 3

Fitz vs Seattle
Percy Harvin vs Jax
R. White at KC
Antonio Brown at Denver

Last edited:
Icy ESR Two3: Lucked out last year with Roddy over Dre. Smart to trust your gut and factor in injury tendencies (Dre's history). I'm one of the few that has Ray #1 overall on my board. Foster has showed moderate injury concern and Tate steals touches. Rice has proven thus far to be durable at Rutgers and Baltimore. Flacco checks down to him multiple times a game. Cam is going to a new, uptempo attacking offense.

Yes, I would trade DeAngelo for Fred Davis straight up. Reason being Tolbert and Cam steal goal-line opportunities while also splitting with Stewart in normal downs. Backfield far too crowded to be reliable.

DurangoDoug: 8.5/10. Excellent RB depth. Smart to stack up on running backs once starting jobs change and injuries hit.

parada45: Jacksonville has an underrated run defense. Law Firm drew a tough match-up Week 1 but doesn't fumble. I'd wait to see what Frazier concludes about AP's role W1. If Gerhart is the clear starter for W1 with no Peterson suited up, go Toby. If not, Law Firm.

slowrolling: Would have definitely went QB earlier for 6-point passing TDs. The QB2 next to Fitzpatrick throws me off. Is it also a two-QB start league?

Assuming your league is the standard 2 RB and 3 WR start, I'd go DMC and Ridley W1 at RB. Trent is practicing but wait for Shurmur to conclusively declare Richardson the W1 healthy starter. Obviously once you get that news, slot Trent into RB2. I'd start Marshall, Brown, and Garcon at WR. However, Torrey will push Garcon for the WR3 spot.

Nickthesick91: Completely agree with your line of thinking. That manager did so because Toby will likely start and get the bulk of carries W1, possibly W2 also. Minny and Frazier ultra-conservative with Peterson.

mikejs210: Handcuff with Gerhart if he's available. But there's literally no one I'd drop on your bench. Stacked starting and bench receivers. You'll be fine once Peterson is fully healthy and takes over RB2 for Ridley. Truly, AP is your RB1 and S-Jax RB2.

fraij: I've honestly never done that. Difficult to concentrate fully and multi-task, I assume?

mustbetheshoe58: Would consider K. Smith opening weeks at RB2 over Reggie, only because that's his highest potential for value once Leshoure and Best return.

ERACISM: SneakerHeathen has recommended it to me. I've actually never entered one of those leagues, but certainly will next year if Yahoo continues it.

ForeverDecember21: Anytime, man. Don't hesitate in the future. I enjoy helping people with Fantasy Football.

blakmn89: Yes, playoffs seem likely. Pierre and M. Bush might push Ridley for RB2. Moore and Washington on your bench is money.

Based: RB2 is your only clear weakness. Stewart is splitting and not as durable as you'd like in a RB, regardless of what Chester says. I see Cook as your starting TE over Gresham by season's end.

CertifiedSW: Unique limit on trades and adds. My buddy from college started a 16-team league with PPC (point-per-completion). Ridiculous format if you don't get a Brees, Brady, or Stafford at the top of the draft. Brees racked up 800-plus points in a PPC league last year.

StreetZDream: Love your squad. Matthews as a Flex/RB3 once Peterson is fully-healthy has monster potential. People forget he was a top-5 fantasy player in expert pre-rankings. I didn't believe that, but the value is clear once he starts clicking with Rivers and Gates. Handcuffed with Gerhart. Mac9 and Hillis on the bench. You must have a top-2 team in the league contending for a championship. 10-teams?

Start Gerhart W1 for Matthews and insert Mac9 into the Flex for AP.

SNEAKER TALK: You should have no doubts. That team is stacked across the board. Forte and Jackson PPR monsters. Julio and Calvin? What. Mac9 in the Flex. Pettigrew gets significant red-zone targets for all TEs.

thekillerj23: Smitty. Luck has to prove he'll look Wayne a lot (targets) before starting. In the regular season I could see Luck going to Fleener and even Hilton often.

parada45: You can't not start Fitz (there's your #1 start). I don't care if Skelton or even Big Mike play QB for Arizona. Fitz has hands and catches everything in the area. Roddy is your second must-start. As Burner Turner fades, Matty Ice will throw more to Roddy, Julio, and Gonzalez. Percy Harvin is safer on paper. J-Ville has a legit run defense which bodes poorly for Gerhart with AP likely out. That means Harvin figures into the return aspect, reverses and end-around(s) (carries), and receptions. Ponder is the only concern, how well will he get the football to Percy? I see Brown being a sleeper over Wallace for Big Ben in Pittsburgh. Will he do it W1 though? Start Percy as your third receiver if you're feeling safe. Antonio if you're willing to risk significantly.

Thanks ChampCruThik
I think I am going to go with Anotnio Brown.
No problem, bud. Think about making a trade for a RB? Your receivers are stacked. Difficult dilemma weekly to pick three out of four between Fitz, Roddy, A. Brown, and Percy. Good drafting but if you trade one, it's easier on you to set your starting lineup while improving your RBs.

SNEAKER TALK: You should have no doubts. That team is stacked across the board. Forte and Jackson PPR monsters. Julio and Calvin? What. Mac9 in the Flex. Pettigrew gets significant red-zone targets for all TEs.

pimp.gif
thank you my good sir..rep

Last edited:
No problem, bud. Think about making a trade for a RB? Your receivers are stacked. Difficult dilemma weekly to pick three out of four between Fitz, Roddy, A. Brown, and Percy. Good drafting but if you trade one, it's easier on you to set your starting lineup while improving your RBs.

I'm in a league where no one wants to trade lol.

Last edited:
Question guys -

2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / IDP league

I desperately wanted Matt Stafford but ended up going with C2K at #8 overall and then AP in the top of round 2 when Stafford was still on the board. Kind of regret it (big money league too).

Ended up with -

QB - Vick
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Adrian Peterson
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - Fred Davis

Trent Richardson is my 3rd RB. I also have Roy Helu and CJ Spiller.

Denarious Moore and Malcom Floyd are my #3 and #4 WRs.

Would you consider a package of Vick + Richardson + Moore for Stafford + Kenny Britt + Donald Brown to be fair? Too much on my side or not enough?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom