2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:

^ who's your number 1 Defense ? Idk if this helps but my number 1 defense is the steelers but I don't like them that much this week considering they go to Denver + 18 is playing and they have no Ryan Clark, I saw the bills sitting in pool and with their defense looking good and the Jets offense looking terrible I picked them up to start this week and moved Steelers to the bench, steelers projected was 3-4 and bills 9-10 point wise.
I have the Giants as my #1 Defense.  I thought it was a good pick as they are usually consistant and have a great pass rush.  I liked the matchup with Romo too as he usually makes at least 2 dumb throws against a good defense, but he smoked them.  The Giants D posted me a cool 5 points last night. Just not sure who to drop to pickup another defense. I have Brees, Cruz, Maclin, Forte, T. Richardson, V. Davis, Garcon, Dan Carpenter and NYG D as Starters with Hillis, DHB, Big Ben, J. Gresham, Randy Moss, and Jaquizz Rodgers as my bench.

I say Rodgers , unless Turner goes down ( it's a possibility with his style) there's not enough football to go around with Roddy , JJ, tony , Turner infront of him ( for this week at least )

:lol: :lol: 1-3 there they gooo

Evidently I mixed them up with somebody else...Bills, Steelers, Dolphins, Niners ain't exactly "fantastic", however their playoff schedule starting Week 13 is Cardinals, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills

I say Rodgers , unless Turner goes down ( it's a possibility with his style) there's not enough football to go around with Roddy , JJ, tony , Turner infront of him ( for this week at least )
Yeah, I will think about it.  Giants have Tampa next week so thats a fav. matchup. Thanks for your help.

If I trade Jared Cook for Malcolm Floyd and Ed Dickson and Cook goes off for Gronk/Graham type numbers this year I'm going to be so pissed......

Does anybody think Ed Dickson could have a big season like that too, or is he never going to get the full receiving workload with Pitta there too? I already have Jimmy Graham, but still, if he goes down it would be convenient if I had somebody on roster already to replace him.

Should i start Green-Ellis (with Bernard Scott out, vs Baltimore) or Ronnie Brown (with Ryan Mathews out, vs Oakland)? Thanks :smokin

Should i start Green-Ellis (with Bernard Scott out, vs Baltimore) or Ronnie Brown (with Ryan Mathews out, vs Oakland)? Thanks :smokin

I also own BGE but hate his matchup this week

I rather start him over Brown tho

Brown is sharing carries BGE will probably get everything vs Baltimore

someone offered me trent richardson and justin blackmon, and i give him roy helu and jonathan stewart. should i take it? i've already asked him for decker instead of blackmon, which i would accept right away, but he hasn't responded.

my current lineup (12 team standard)

qb - eli manning
rb - matt forte, kevin smith
wr - brandon marshall, stevie johnson
te - fred davis
flex - roy helu
d/st - jets
k - robbie gould

bn - MJD
bn - jonathan stewart
bn - titus young
bn - laurent robinson
bn - josh freeman
bn - kendall hunter
bn - randall cobb

someone offered me trent richardson and justin blackmon, and i give him roy helu and jonathan stewart. should i take it? i've already asked him for decker instead of blackmon, which i would accept right away, but he hasn't responded.
Seriously??? Do this without hesitation. Asking for Decker is just being greedy now.

Anybody???
Start Smith over Wayne. You don't know who Luck will throw to. You do know Steve Smith is a WR1 on his team and pretty much the focal point of the receiving game. He's also a much more dynamic playmaker than Wayne is at this point.

/\ no... trent richardson doesnt have legarrate blount waiting in the wings to take over after a cpl fumbles or bad games

also... how valuable is Jermichale Finley? have a guy offerin me matt ryan and tony gonzalez for Finley... I have Romo as my starter and Jay cutler as my backup so not all that interested but may counter...

/\ no... trent richardson doesnt have legarrate blount waiting in the wings to take over after a cpl fumbles or bad games

also... how valuable is Jermichale Finley? have a guy offerin me matt ryan and tony gonzalez for Finley... I have Romo as my starter and Jay cutler as my backup so not all that interested but may counter...
Matty Ice and Gonzalez for finley? I would pull the trigger. I would rather have Matty Ice as a back up then Cutler. Plus Gonzalez is money every year. You could use Romo or Matt Ryan as trade bait. I think Romo and Ryan both have Elite QB numbers this year. 

Seriously??? Do this without hesitation. Asking for Decker is just being greedy now.

yeah i did it...can't resist having richardson as my no-brainer flex play every week :smokin

^ Good call I would've done that trade without question. Dude must be stupid. He's receiving 2 RBs that are gonna split carries and giving up 2 high upside RB and WR.

I got the 3rd pick (out of of 12) in my draft tonight, Should I go with Lesean Mccoy, Chris Johnson, or Aaron Rodgers?

The Real Folk Blues: I wouldn't drop Vereen, man. Has mid-to-late season value if Ridley falters. Even more valuable in a deep 14-team league like yours.

Streater (from NJ) has early value in opening weeks but once Moore and Ford are completely healthy, Streater becomes a #4 WR option after DHB, Moore, and Ford for Carson.

SF RBs: I like Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs in that specific order.

ohmygosher: My bad, her name is actually Kari Klinkenborg. Should have wifed that up officially, to the altar. Anyone know what she's up to nowadays professionally or otherwise?

TimelessFlight: Unlucky, bro. I've been saying Romo is a very underrated fantasy QB along with Eli.

djkaos23: What waiver priority do you have and how many teams, for Ogletree?

Safe play is probably Torrey and DHB. For those willing to risk, I'd go Washington and DHB. Torrey's value shows later on in my opinion. Gotta fix the drops.

Elpablo21: Yes, sir. Very good, underrated somewhat LB. Taking over for Zach Thomas and Brian Urlacher.

The Dauqs: Assuming you have a two-start RB league. Definitely Martin. Then Reggie or Pierre. I'd say Reggie. Turbin my fourth choice.

Could trade or drop Olsen, your weakest TE by far out of the three.

simpliSD: I'd drop LaFell before Wilson. People get carried away with one rookie performance. He does need to fix the fumbling long-term though. Coughlin is the man to do it, successful with Tiki and Bradshaw.

HdBkNIKE: Only one week, brotha. Stay calm. Cruz going to have another stellar season. Same with Eli.

illmatic34: I believe in Rivers' bounce back campaign under the Monday night lights. I'd start him over Schaub.

:lol: :lol:

Dude in my big money league just offered me Brees for Brady straight up. In the draft he had 4th pick I had 5th, he took Brees I took Brady. I originally wanted Brees. I guess deep down he wanted Brady but just wanted to spite me. We play each other week 1 too. Just accepted :pimp:.

Last edited:
StreetZDream: I would make that trade, but then again I'm higher on Cruz than most even after the Week 1 drops. Malcolm Floyd is purely surplus at WR for me. Would never be completely comfortable starting him anyway.

senor chang: Make the best decision you could. I would have started Witten as well. Shocked he suited up.

SNEAKER TALK: Maclin. Simply the better receiver, significantly.

MMG: Definitely Julio and Jordy. Must-starts every week at WR1 and WR2. Conventional wisdom is Demaryius, Wayne, Washington. I'd personally go Washington, Demaryius, Wayne (with some risk).

Swade486: No problem, man. I believe in Victor sorting out the drops. Following up a monster season isn't easy in the opener. Home crowd, NFL opener. Defending champions begin their campaign. Nerves. Pressure.

You'll have better luck trading Davis and I would if you can get major value like a WR2 or RB2. He's overrated as a fantasy TE. Taken too high in almost every league. Gresham is worthy of starting if you make a VD trade.

Giants D will be fine. They'll get more sacks. Romo's performance was remarkable and Garrett helped draw plays to get rid of the football quick. Coe going down hurt. Prince out hurts. Tryon is terrible. Think about it, Boley should have had a defensive TD if not for the Smith horse collar. Fewell will have the boys ready next week. Don't panic after one game.

I wouldn't go two DEF. G-Men is a fine start. Jets close, could consider adding if Giants struggle defensively. Lions ranked second after Jets. Bills a close third.

FlyerThanDelta: Good stuff, man. Laurent is a better receiver though. Ogletree is exploiting the space Dez and Miles create. Even better when Witten is full-strength.

Buc Em: Dickson is serviceable. Cam likes TE by committee, apparently, when they drafted both young TEs in the same class in the middle-rounds.

Cook will be very good but not Gronk and Graham numbers. Locker is the primary reason stopping that. Better with his legs than arm.

simpliSD: I'd start Law Firm even though the match-up is tough and Ronnie is starting for Matthews. Brinkley could have bigger impact.

thekillerj23: Smitty, pretty much a must-start most weeks. Cam's go-to-guy by far.

Icy ESR Two3: Take that deal and run for the hills. Steal for Trent. Easy decision for me.

TimelessFlight: So close and I'm super high on Martin, but no. Too much for Trent even in a PPR format.

JEWSEEJAY: Take that immediately for Finley. Gonzalez is as underrated at TE as Vernon Davis is overrated.

FRESH: Too early for CJ2K. Take the leftovers from Rodgers, Foster, or Rice. Shady and Megatron fourth and fifth.

FlyerThanDelta: I don't trust Lynch's back. Game-time decisions are tricky and usually painful one way or another. Turbin likely gets the bulk of carries regardless.

Have Matthews and Lynch at RB for my serious hometown league with my brothers. Tough break.

Nickthestick91: I like Brady over Brees this year in real life and fantasy. Drew doesn't play as well without Payton roaming the sidelines. Fact. Slight dip in production and form. Meanwhile Brady just received Christmas early with Lloyd, Fells, Shiancoe, and maybe K2. Ridley and Vereen could be factors in the run game to help defenses honor the run.

[COLOR=#red]OK...

Trade:
Frank Gore for Dwayne Bowe. Both will strictly be used as flex players in a ppr league. I am not a fan of the crowded back field for Gore and I did pick up Mikel for a few weeks down the road to add depth. Not sure if this will be good value or not as I have little to no faith in Cassel producing... thoughts?[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom