2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

[COLOR=#red]OK...
Trade:
Frank Gore for Dwayne Bowe. Both will strictly be used as flex players in a ppr league. I am not a fan of the crowded back field for Gore and I did pick up Mikel for a few weeks down the road to add depth. Not sure if this will be good value or not as I have little to no faith in Cassel producing... thoughts?[/COLOR]
Easy decision for me. If it's only a Flex position, meaning your RB1 and RB2 are set, move Gore for Bowe in a heartbeat. D. Bowe is a top-30 PPR player even with that bum Cassel.

Buc Em: Dickson is serviceable. Cam likes TE by committee, apparently, when they drafted both young TEs in the same class in the middle-rounds.
Cook will be very good but not Gronk and Graham numbers. Locker is the primary reason stopping that. Better with his legs than arm.
simpliSD: I'd start Law Firm even though the match-up is tough and Ronnie is starting for Matthews. Brinkley could have bigger impact.
thekillerj23: Smitty, pretty much a must-start most weeks. Cam's go-to-guy by far.
Icy ESR Two3: Take that deal and run for the hills. Steal for Trent. Easy decision for me.
TimelessFlight: So close and I'm super high on Martin, but no. Too much for Trent even in a PPR format.
JEWSEEJAY: Take that immediately for Finley. Gonzalez is as underrated at TE as Vernon Davis is overrated.
FRESH: Too early for CJ2K. Take the leftovers from Rodgers, Foster, or Rice. Shady and Megatron fourth and fifth.
FlyerThanDelta: I don't trust Lynch's back. Game-time decisions are tricky and usually painful one way or another. Turbin likely gets the bulk of carries regardless.
Have Matthews and Lynch at RB for my serious hometown league with my brothers. Tough break.
Nickthestick91: I like Brady over Brees this year in real life and fantasy. Drew doesn't play as well without Payton roaming the sidelines. Fact. Slight dip in production and form. Meanwhile Brady just received Christmas early with Lloyd, Fells, Shiancoe, and maybe K2. Ridley and Vereen could be factors in the run game to help defenses honor the run.

I'd take Megatron if he wasn't on Madden this year.... This is a money league I'm in and don't want to risk the curse.

Last edited:
Should I start DHB over any of the following: Percy/A. Brown? Like said before, Julio is a must start. I'd be putting Brown in the FLEX - benching DHB, BGE, & Ben Tate for this week.

I'd take Megatron if he wasn't on Madden this year.... This is a money league I'm in and don't want to risk the curse.
Megatron should only go top-3 in PPR leagues.

If Foster and Rice are taken one and two, I'd go Rodgers over Shady. Taking BPA is best out of the big three. I'd be more than happy with Rice, Foster, or Rodgers at #3 overall. Tremendous value falling into your lap.

Way too early to consider CJ2K.

Should I start DHB over any of the following: Percy/A. Brown? Like said before, Julio is a must start. I'd be putting Brown in the FLEX - benching DHB, BGE, & Ben Tate for this week.
That's just a case of wealth in options. DHB is a good Flex start this week but not over Percy or Antonio Brown. Can't do it.

Its standard scoring, non-ppr. Im taking one of those 3 unless Adrian Peterson is available
3rd pick in the first round is way too early to go for either Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson. Both could be had in the 2nd round when it's coming back to your pick. I'd go for whoever is left out of Rodgers, Rice, Foster, or McCoy. Rice is my favorite of them all.

Last edited:
FRESH: Seems like you have your mind made up narrowing your short-list to those three specific players. So Rodgers, Shady, CJ2K in that order. Good luck.

Gracis, Champ. I'm feeling real good about my squad - but am worried a bit by my QB's; Ben and Flacco. I'm looking to swindle Marshawn Lynch away from an owner who has put him on the block. If I can land him I'll be doing everything I can to upgrade the QB position.

Gracis, Champ. I'm feeling real good about my squad - but am worried a bit by my QB's; Ben and Flacco. I'm looking to swindle Marshawn Lynch away from an owner who has put him on the block. If I can land him I'll be doing everything I can to upgrade the QB position.
No problem, bud. You're in good shape. Believe in your team.

Big Ben should get the job done with Wallace, Antonio, and Sanders. Hopefully Redman carries the run game to open passing lanes.

Don't trust Flacco one bit. Best case scenario, you never have to use him outside of the bye week.

I ended up taking Shady over Rice. I feel like like Rice is going to disappoint since he got paid now....

Ray is first on my board but I respect you sticking to your hunch and having guts with a bold pick.
Who you get second-round?

I took Andre Johnson, even though I was real tempted to take Michael Turner. Adrian peterson went 2 spots before I picked. Snagged Ryan Matthews in the 3rd.

This is a $100 buy in league on sports line and dudes didnt even pre-rank their players. Jimmy Graham went 11th overall....

Malcolm Floyd or Adrien Peterson (dworried about how many snaps he'll get) and Vernon davis or Jared cook?

I took Andre Johnson, even though I was real tempted to take Michael Turner. Adrian peterson went 2 spots before I picked. Snagged Ryan Matthews in the 3rd.
This is a $100 buy in league on sports line and dudes didnt even pre-rank their players. Jimmy Graham went 11th overall....
Ry Matthews great value in the third. Not worried about Dre's injury concerns?

Malcolm Floyd or Adrien Peterson (dworried about how many snaps he'll get) and Vernon davis or Jared cook?
Don't love it, but Floyd. AP is ultra-safe Week 1 in terms of how Frazier is handling him.

I like Cook, but start Davis. GB's defense gives up a lot of yards.

Pos Player
QB Manning, Peyton (QB DEN
RB McCoy, LeSean (RB PHI)
RB Mathews, Ryan (RB SD)
WR Smith, Steve (WR CAR)
WR Johnson, Andre (WR HOU)
RB-WR Jackson, Vincent (WR TB)
TE Gonzalez, Tony (TE ATL)
K Janikowski, Sebastian (K OAK)
DST Ravens (DST BAL)
RES Steelers (DST PIT)
RES Moss, Randy (WR SF)
RES Brown, Ronnie (RB SD)
RES Mendenhall, Rashard (RB PIT)
RES Johnson, Steve (WR BUF)

Didnt realize this was 2 starting WR until mid-way thru the draft so I'm weak at RB :smh:

Fresh, be glad you didn't grab Turner in the 2nd. I think he's fading and fading fast in ATL's offense.

You still keeping up with the M's, btw?
laugh.gif

If Turner's fading then who should I pick up out of their RB's that's going to be getting more reps than him? Rodgers is too damn tiny to be out there that often and he didn't look too good at all last year in limited playing time.

I don't think there is a RB (on their roster) available that'll get more carries. He'll get the bulk, but will he produce? You saw how he finished out the season last year/aside from raping your Bucs, it was nothing to write home about. I think this is the year where you see them slowly bring Jaquizz on to eventually expand his role - but you're right he isn't an everydown back himself. I just think they'll be airing it out a bit more than usual.

Last edited:
Quizz is a lot more versatile than you give him credit for. He isn't an every down back but he can handle a bulk of the load in place of Turner. He just needs more touches to get acclimated, which seems what they are planning for him this year.

Who should I play at my WR (got 2 WR spots and my Flex) Spots PPR League

Torrey vs CIN
Nate Washington vs NE
Heyward-Bey vs SD
Amendola vs DET

Just got offered Vick/Rashad Jennings for my Demarco Murray/Andy Dalton. My other RB's are Foster, D. Martin, Deangelo Williams and Ben Tate. My other QB's are RG3 and Alex Smith. Good trade or no?

Back
Top Bottom