Chris Johnson

Matt Forte

Tony Gonzalez

Rob Bironas

Texans D

bench

Frank Gore

Reggie Bush

i was offered Calvin Johnson for AJ Green and Matt Forte, i was thinking of accepting it and moving Frank Gore or Reggie Bush into the lineup.

would that be a good move?

^ I really like that trade. AJ Green is coming off of a pretty strong year but it's only his 2nd year, who knows if he can repeat that this year. Matt Forte is a beast but he's injury prone. CJ is a bonafide stud, and you could start Reggie Bush, who looked really good at the end of last season, in Forte's place

I like the trade in your favor as well, a definite upgrade to your WR core with Megatron, Lloyd, and Bowe. RB's do take a hit, but I think CJ2K is going to show up this year. Gore, and Bush are sufficient RB2s this year. I say do it. Megatron and Rodgers, damn.

Helllllllllllllll no. Bears are going to be a very, very good team this year, and the only way that Forte isn't a huge part of that success is if he gets a bad injury. And AJ Green isn't any normal 2nd year receiver..he's already really, really good and will be mentioned with the Fitz, Calvin and Andre's pretty damn soon. If I was you and I REALLY wanted Calvin that bad I'd trade him Forte and either Lloyd or Bowe. No way in hell I'm giving up a top 5 RB and probably a top 5 WR just for the #1 WR. I don't think Reggie Bush will duplicate his season from last year, and Frank Gore is probably going to start showing some declining. He's going on 30 years old which is about 65 in RB years. They also probably plan to implement Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running/pass catching game a lot this year.

Forte and Green will outscore Megatron....dont do that trade.

your WRs arent that bad. Green is a beast and Bowe should be in the 75/1000/7 area. Question mark with Lloyd but he's your WR3 so even if he only gets like 55/800/6 that's still solid value for a WR3.

Brady will throw for over 4,000 yards this year, but his schedule during the typical FF playoffs week 14, 15 he has some tougher matchups. 49ers and Houston so that may affect your decision.
Barring injuries, Foster will have another great year I believe.
How many ppl in your league? You may find some good value picks later at QB: Romo, Vick, Eli, Big Ben, etc...

10 People

Is doubling up truly worth missing a chance at the elite fantasy players: Rice, Foster, Rodgers, Brady, Shady, Megatron?

I have no choice lol, but you can build a solid team from any position. Can't get Megatron? How about AJ Green and Julio instead? Or Forte and Peterson?

Last pick isn't a death sentence.

I am being offered Peyton Hillis for Barndon Marshall. PPR league and my wideouts/TE's are as follows:

Brandon Marshall
Steve Smith
Dwyane Bowe
Antonion Brown
Mario Manningham
Heyward-Bey
Vernon Davis
Jermichael Finley

My running backs are weak:

Adrian Peterson
Johnathan Stewart
Kendall Hunter

Would you make this trade?

Someone offered me Chris Johnson for Matt Forte, what yall think? I'm tempted cuz Forte coming off injury but CJ really dogged me last season :smh:

My other running backs are Darren McFadden, Pierre Thomas and Danny Woodhead FWIW

First time ever doing this. Not really satisfied with any positions other than RBs. Didn't do a whole lot of research just went with my gut on most of my picks.
I'll probably get better with decision making as the season goes on. Already thinking about starting Blackmon over Wayne to start it off

i have a live draft and an online draft this saturday. yesterday, i helped one of my friends with her fantasy draft for her job since she didnt know **** about football. she agreed to split the winnings once she wins :lol: . she had the 7th pick in a 10 man league and here's who i helped her pick:

Megatron
Beast Mode
Greg Jennings
Jamaal Charles
Eli Manning
Antonio Gates
The Law Firm
Torry Smith
Justin Blackmon
Roy Helu
Andy Dandy Dalton
Texans D/ST
Jacob Tamme
Hartley (Saints' Kicker)
Bengals D/ST

i think this is a solid team. what you guys think?

Last question for my FF heads before my draft tonight. Do you go McFadden or Peterson to start the second round? FYI, I'm 98% sure I'm going Forte in the 1st.

What is the strategy for a 2 QB league? Try to get elite early on then another in the later rounds? 12 team PPR.

Last question for my FF heads before my draft tonight. Do you go McFadden or Peterson to start the second round? FYI, I'm 98% sure I'm going Forte in the 1st.

id go with McFadden, thats just me though

Someone offered me Chris Johnson for Matt Forte, what yall think? I'm tempted cuz Forte coming off injury but CJ really dogged me last season :smh:
My other running backs are Darren McFadden, Pierre Thomas and Danny Woodhead FWIW

I say do it Michael bush is going to take away forte redzone opportunities and cj2k will be the most improved player looks like he got that bounce bk in his steps big sleeper

I wouldn't go back to back RBs
I'd try to lock up an elite QB or TE

I'm drafting 12th out of 12 and figured to go for value with the QB, TE position....P. Manning in the 4th and Finley in the 6th. Might pay big dividends. Decisions decisions.

If it makes a difference, Finley is in a contract year and feels pressure to redeem himself after a down season in Green Bay.

Last edited:
Okay I just drafted for my money league... I had 12th and final pick.

Heres what I came up with:

QB: Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger
WR: Dez Bryant, Eric Decker, Malcolm Floyd, Titus Young, Kendall Wright
RBs: Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, Toby Gerhart, Rashad Jennings
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Defense: Falcons/Chiefs
K: Robbie Gould

My TE's and WR's are a bit weak, but there were some great RB's available when I was picking that I couldn't pass them up. =/

Anyone wanna rate it?

(yes, with last pick I went RB/RB in first.)

Last edited:
Nickthestick: Even outside the top-5, you could reach for Matty Stafford based on the high-QB value. Maybe you'll get lucky and Brees will drop slightly. Then Cam early-second.

Always good to do your research like you did. The NFL is transforming into a pass-happy league and that translates to fantasy as well.

Boda: If that's a PPR league, no chance I take that deal. Forte's value in PPR is easily top-15, I've even seen top-10 rankings by fantasy experts. The combined value of Forte and A.J. is worth more than Megatron for me. Judging by your squad, I'd stay put.

Buc Em: Good points, but one minor point. The shift in WRs is already happening after Megatron and Fitz. I see Dre and Roddy dropping, Julio and A.J. rising. Dre can't stay on the field and has never posted double-digits TDs in a season. I see Julio taking targets and overall shine from Roddy this season. More explosive as evidenced last season (rookie year).

bAMAZING: Modest, reasonable projections for Bowe. I don't trust Cassel and D. Bowe hasn't had a "full camp" technically. I've got Lloyd posting better numbers over the course of the season.

AG: Never said it was a death sentence, obviously random draft orders is out of every manager's control. Just pointing out the fact we must all accept, picking last (either 10th or 12th) means no elite Foster, Rice, Shady, Megatron, Rodgers, or Brady. More flexibility to reach for the exact targeted players you want. But you must hit when doubling up, especially early (rounds 1 through 5).

I'm going Peterson over DMC and I'm the biggest McFadden guy on this board. Shown to be much too injury prone thus far in the NFL. Once Minny takes the training wheels off (first two weeks), "All Day" will be a top-tier RB in the top-5 along with Foster, Rice, Shady, Forte or CJ2K.

ShannonCrooks: No chance. That other manager is proposing a low-ball offer because you're weak at RB2. Still wouldn't cave. Hillis is worth much more if you own Charles. Counter for a better RB2 or offer DHB/Manningham instead. Marshall is money this season with the reunited Cutler connection.

Extraordinary Swag: Very tough call. Do you own Bush (handcuffed to Forte)? I like both RBs as top-tier RB1s in fantasy this season. Also, is it PPR?

Think I still have Forte ranked just slightly over CJ2K. That entire Chicago offense should be going ham. How much do you really trust Locker or Hasselbeck?

Wes: Could have gotten a better QB2. Should have went QB1 earlier before you even took Eli. Two QB leagues force managers to draft QBs R1/R2. At least you got the Fitz to Stevie connection though. Start Wayne at first until Blackmon shows production with Gabbert. Rare two TE league. Moeaki could provide surprising value. Had a stellar rookie season pre-injury. Drop Hanson and Arizona D for a RB and WR. You need depth on your bench.

SonOfTony: Good draft. Should be contending for the league championship. I'd try to get a better backup QB than Dalton. No need to hold Cincy D behind Houston.

bearclawd: Would definitely get a QB first-round (Rodgers, Brady, Brees early). Stafford or Cam later in the round. If you don't go QBs first two rounds, I'd target Romo, Eli, Peyton, Vick, or Rivers as a solid QB2.

ricerocket: Depends who's on the board. I go BPA as much as possible instead of reaching for position. QB/WR or TE if you can make a Brady/Gronk or Brees/Graham connection. I like Forte and Peterson a lot in the second-round.

hymen man: Don't hold two Ds. Play the match-ups weekly. You honestly need to upgrade your WR corps. Try offering Trent or DMC as bait to get a true #1 WR. Young and Wright are good breakout prospects, but not proven to be reliable currently. Floyd is hit-or-miss. Dez is battling an injury in preseason.

SonOfTony: Good draft. Should be contending for the league championship. I'd try to get a better backup QB than Dalton. No need to hold Cincy D behind Houston.

thanks for the input breh

i think Dalton shut me up last year and should have another good year. if there's a better backup available, ill look into it.

*repped*

Last edited:
Seems like there are still quite a few NTers looking for a league, if I can garner enough interest, I'd like to start a "big-money league", $100 buy in, 12 team PPR. Possibly a 2 QB league....I dunno...

I'm already "commishing" a free NT league, but if people are serious about a competitive league I can start a NT Yahoo (or ESPN) money league and manage the buy-ins through leaguesafe.com for everyones protection.

Let me know, if enough people like they idea I'll start up a thread, we'd have to do the draft within the next 10 days preferably (before the regular season starts).

Last edited:
Seems like there are still quite a few NTers looking for a league, if I can garner enough interest, I'd like to start a "big-money league", $100 buy in, 12 team PPR. Possibly a 2 QB league....I dunno...
I'm already "commishing" a free NT league, but if people are serious about a competitive league I can start a NT Yahoo (or ESPN) money league and manage the buy-ins through leaguesafe.com for everyones protection.
Let me know, if enough people like they idea I'll start up a thread, we'd have to do the draft within the next 10 days preferably (before the regular season starts).

Im in.. maybe not a league with 2 QB's though.

Back
Top Bottom