2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Hello All,

Got a trade offer this morning... wanted some feedback

I Get: Donald Brown and Lance Moore

I Give Up: Victor Cruz

I have Drew Brees as my QB, so I like the idea of "double" points for having Moore also.  I have Maclin, Garson, Heyward-Bey, Randy Moss at WR also, with Trent Richardson, Matt Forte, Peyton Hillis, and just picked up Jaquizz Rodgers on waivers for my RBs.

My gut is telling me no deal, because I feel Cruz will get way more targets than Moore having Colston and J. Graham as targets also.  And I feel like once Richardson is 100%, I wouldnt really need Brown because I would have Hillis and Rodgers as backups/Flex.

Any thoughts?

Titus Young / lance Moore / Devon Bess / Owen Daniels / Coby Fleener
yea, every single one of those guys is taken.. $100 per team, $1400 up for grabs.. people take this league very seriously... I have Fleener, hoping he takes off with Luck as the QB..

Whats the deal with Mendenhall? He went undrafted in my league.

Well, he was supposed to be out 4-6 weeks, but apparanetly he mgiht start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...denhall-looks-incredible-at-steelers-practice

It wasn't long ago that Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall was viewed as a shoe-in to start the regular season on the outside looking in. General manager Kevin Colbert talked openly about Mendenhall landing on the reserve/PUP list for the first six weeks of the season following anterior cruciate ligament surgery just eight months ago.

Then came a series of surprising events: First, Mendenhall was activated in mid-August, just days after Colbert predicted his imminent shelving. Then on Monday -- ditching his red, don't-touch-me jersey -- Mendenhall took regular snaps with the starters at practice, drawing high praise from teammates.

"He looked incredible," Brett Keisel told Jim Wexell of Scout.com.

"I thought he looked great," said Lawrence Timmons. "He was running well, finishing runs. I'm excited for him."

Coach Mike Tomlin is even toying with the idea of starting Mendenhall over Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer in Sunday night's season opener against the Denver Broncos, according to the site.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette told WTZN-FM that he doesn't expect Mendenhall to play and called his return to practice nothing more than Tomlin pulling levers to get the Broncos "thinking a little bit."

We'd be surprised if Mendenhall saw the field, but we've been surprised by his progress all summer, so we won't count him out. Neither, of course, will Denver.

was offered greg little for ben tate in my 10team PPR league. the league is pretty deep so theres not many players to pick up

also should i start MJD this week over ronnie brown? should i start meachem over jacob tamme?

qb aaron rodgers

wr steve smith (car)

wr eric decker

rb adrian peterson

rb peyton hillis

te antonio gates

w/t jacob tamme

w/r ronnie brown

bn ben tate

bn robert meachem

bn mjd

bn tony romo

bn randall cobb

bn devin hester

k gostowski

def GB & NYG

Last edited:
Who Should I start?

Matt Ryan @KC or Tony Romo @NYG

Benjarvis Green-Ellis @BAL or Cedric Benson SF

Anybody think Malcolm Floyd is going to have a big year this year? Or is he going to be the same oft injured guy that goes off for a big game every once in a while and is ghost the rest of the time. I got offered Malcolm Floyd and Ed Dickson for Jared Cook. I already have Jimmy Graham and I have Fitz, Antonio Brown, Garcon, Mike Williams (TB) and Kendall Wright at receiver.

Who Should I start?
Matt Ryan @KC or Tony Romo @NYG
Benjarvis Green-Ellis @BAL or Cedric Benson SF

I say Romo, last season against the giants he got 28 points at home week 14 and 15 points week 17 at the giants. The giants went up 21-0 in the game which pretty much eliminated the Cowboys from the playoffs.

Last edited:
So who should I start?

Peterson, I. Redman, Ben Tate or Ryan Williams? I have to pick two...

Reports on Mendenhall are scary and AP is dangerous... :smh:

Question on who to start as my 3rd wide receiver in Wk 1. Our receivers get 1 pt for every 10 yards receiving and 6 pts for TD.

Reggie Wayne - plays @CHI wk 1

or

Stevie Johnson - plays @NYJ wk1

I have Wayne starting so far, because I'd rather avoid Darrell Revis, but Johnson's had some success against him last year. On the flipside, I think Wayne will bounce back this year with Luck throwing to him, and underneath routes should be open against CHI cover 2.

Thoughts?

so on my second league someone offered to trade me Justin Blackmon for Doug Martin. Since im stacked at WR, im thinking no. what should i do?

Edit:

Giants D/ST vs Cowboys

Or

Titans D/ST vs Pats?

Last edited:
slowrolling: Just personally, I believe in Fitzpatrick more than most. He was cooking last year during Buffalo's hot start with Stevie and Fred Jackson. I've got Buffalo finishing second in the AFC East this season, meaning Ryan will have to play well. He's probably a top-30 fantasy producer in standard formats. Surprising to most. Only problem I foresee is not even weapons. Bills need to get another receiver to team with Stevie.

I like but don't love Cincy's defense. Zimmer is an exceptional DC but they lost some defensive line depth in the off-season. Steelers and Ravens look poised as serious AFC contenders. How well can Dalton, A.J., Gresham, and Law Firm really keep the defense off the field for, and consistently? I've generally seen the Bengals D ranked in the 16-18 range.

d5: No need to have three strong TEs. Try trading Fred Davis (or Gresham). Don't love VD's fantasy TE value either so you could actually move him for a WR2 and keep Fred Davis/Gresham.

Could package Maclin with Britt or Wayne for an upgrade at WR2. Just a potential suggestion.

romedadude: 10/10 for me. Really have no advice. Squad looks sick. I'd put money on you to win the championship.

bbllplaya23: I was wondering the same thing, but I'm guessing it has to be a keeper league. The manager might have kept Foster and drafted Brady first-round.

Nickthestick91: Can't explain that one. :lol: Drafted well but also had weak managers in his league.

jdmcl9: Yes, your hunch is absolutely correct. Try upgrading TE once Matthews comes back. You can package S-Jax or Hillis. Move K. Smith after a couple weeks, especially if he runs hot and sells high.

QB2 also. I don't believe in Flacco, even in Cam's uptempo offense.

JEWSEEJAY: DHB easily. Seeing the most targets until Ford and Moore are 100%. Santonio has to show me something with Sanchez to start. Randy also with Alex Smith. Not a safe play.

mikejs210: You can change defenses and Ks weekly if you have sub-par, mediocre options. If you have SF D and Mason Crosby, pick up a different defense and K those respective weeks for an injured player or weakest bench spot.

datkidfiasco: Room to improve. Your stacked at receiver. Trade up to two receivers to upgrade both your RB positions. Freeman is risky but I like that play. You have nothing to lose.

Going Megatron then Gronk destroyed your RB pairing.

I'd move Demaryius first. Then Welker (not cheaply).

yungchris504: Stacked at RB to say the least. Like the depth. I'd move S-Jax for a WR1 or WR2. I like Decker over Demaryius this year. Not sure if Eric was available when you drafted Thomas in the sixth-round.

HdBkNIKE: Start Nelson in the Flex easily over Reggie.

StreetZDream: Love your RB depth. Would move Trent for a strong WR2.

MrONegative: I think Mendy might be far as third in the pecking order. Redman, Dwyer, Mendy.

SuNiversal: Arian should command a RB1 and WR1. Like Forte and Jennings. You could settle for a WR2 in the package like Julio. Megatron should command a WR1 and RB2. Something like Peterson and Cruz.

SJSneakerheadIII: MV7 against Browns. No Witten. Romo will be running for his life against Giants pass-rush.

diewitsjames: Start Sproles. Lynch is questionable. Potential 50/50 game-time decision increasing Turbin's Week 1 value.

Not every week in a standard league. Sproles is more valuable PPR. Lynch should normally get the start if he's healthy.

In a PPR

Demayrius Thomas
Greg Little
Nate Washington
Malcolm Floyd

I'm leaning toward Bay-Bay but IDK against Pitt

In a PPR
Demayrius Thomas
Greg Little
Nate Washington
Malcolm Floyd
I'm leaning toward Bay-Bay but IDK against Pitt
Demaryius, Washington, Floyd, Little in that order. Would take slight consideration in Washington over Demaryius. Britt is out and Titans will be forced to pass against the Pats. What worries me about Thomas is Peyton looking to Decker and Tamme more (targets and receptions in PPR).

Can I get some help guys. I got Marshall but my boy has Fitzgerald. Who would you rather have this season?

In not in a PPR league.

Here is my scoring system for receivers.

Re2P Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
ReFD Receiving First Down 1 point
ReTD Receiving TD 6 points
ReYd Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = .1 points for every 1 ReYd
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 115+ ReYd

I don't know how Fitz is gonna do because of the OLine and the shaky QB situation. Marshall is reunited with Cutler but he has other good receivers on that team who he's sharing the ball with.

Help me out. Thanks.

diewitsjames and TimelessFlight: I'd definitely pick up Turbin in deeper leagues. I think diew has enough RB depth for now, but keep an eye on Lynch's back and Turbin's success running the ball.

airblaster503: I'd start Titus Young in the Flex for now slightly over Tate. Ry Williams may take that Flex spot if he starts over Beanie eventually. Get the Turbin handcuff for Marshawn Lynch.

Headache: I like what I see very much. Every roster spot is sound. Stay put with your current roster.

jcmojica24: Fred Jackson, surely.

Bradshaw is starting. Officially listed as probable with right hand injury. Wilson will take some reps and touches though.

THE SAUNA: Randall Cobb, Robert Turbin, Alfred Morris, Tim Tebow, Danny Amendola, Kyle Rudolph, Taiwan Jones, Alex Green, Nick Foles. I'll think of more later.

MMG: Conventional wisdom says Demaryius, Wayne, Washington. But I personally would take a chance on Washington, Demaryius, Wayne in that order. I wonder how often Luck targets Wayne Week 1. Probably goes to Fleener more as a safety valve. We'll see once he's under Chicago pressure. Demaryius is #2 at best for Peyton. Decker #1, Tamme #3 as of now (can be #2). Washington's value is up with Britt out. Tennessee will be forced into a passing game even with CJ2K.

bxbadboy90: I'd still start Floyd. But do you have a RB option for the Flex potentially?

bballkingsrule1: Definitely Beanie. Who knows how many carries McCarthy will give to Ced. On top of that, SF D is most stingy against the run. Beanie is a good RB2 and Flex start until Ry Williams proves otherwise.

I'd start top-6 Seattle D. Don't see Skelton moving the ball match. Sherman and Browner should do fairly well against Fitz, I hope. Always liked Browner since Oregon State.

ohmygosher: Drop T.O. for another WR or RB (best available). Don't be surprised if you use Washington over Q Boldin this season.

SonOfTony: Dwyer may prove to be the more valuable Pittsburgh handcuff than Mendy. Flag and track him for the time being.

Three6mafia2007: Looks good to me. WR depth. Elite RBs. Would trade DeAngelo and Floyd for a better RB3.

Icy ESR Two3: Nothing wrong with holding onto Cobb based on potential value, but I have Wright ranked slightly higher at receiver by three or four places.

PICK ONE:

Tony Romo at NYG or Jay Cutler at home v. Indy.

I'm leaning towards Cutler....better matchup and Chicago's offense should be decent this year with Forte, Bush, Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, etc...

Also, I offered up this trade and the owner accepted:

I give up Reggie Wayne and Mark Ingram and in return I receive Willis McGahee.

I did this trade because I really needed some RB depth with Adrian Peterson might not being able to go full-time for another couple weeks.

My team looked like this before the trade:

STARTERS:

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: AJ Green
WR: Demaryius Thomas
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Adrian Peterson
TE: Aaron Hernandez
K: S.Janikowski
DEF: Houston Texans

BENCH:

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Mark Ingram/David Wilson
WR: Reggie Wayne/Randy Moss
TE: Jacob Tamme

ill be picking up Alshon Jeffrey once the trade goes through because ill need another WR on my bench for bye-week subs.

What do you guys think?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom