2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

:smh: these sprinters slowing down when finishing the heats. I get your fast and its your cocky way of showing it, but would it really hurt to sprint for 2 more seconds? Im pretty sure blake had a change to break the WR.

Edit. Im gonna call it Bolt is bout to do it too.

Last edited:
Batum_punch.gif

:lol: with the dat *** mouth clench.

chris paul would be proud.

Last edited:
EVEN if you're in the olympics.

EVEN if you medal.

if you aren't as gorgeous as flo jo? nah.

and if you are? somebody's flashing cameras at the lightskin chick behind you.

THEN YOU BEAT HER IN THE EVENT?

i would be pissed too. i'd probably speak on it.

i've been doing all of this hard work so i could be on the world stage for an even that barely lasts 13 seconds and i barely get coverage or attention for it.

then even after i MEDAL you gonna ask me bout the chick that came in fourth place?

**** ya face.

sarah robles didn't get a sponsor until the last couple weeks before the opening ceremonies.

kayla harrison got little to NO attention for the fact that she's the FIRST american to win a gold medal in judo.

and smh @ ****** in here talking **** because wells and harper is mad. **** ya faaaace.

i'm out.

Lolo Jones breaks down in tears during ‘Today’ interview
By Maggie Hendricks | Fourth-Place Medal – 5 hours ago

Lolo Jones finished fourth in her race on Tuesday. Though the U.S. won silver and bronze in the 100m hurdles, the "Today Show" chose to bring Jones on the set Wednesday morning.

After saying she was "crushed" by the result of the final, she broke down in tears during the interview when asked about "all she's been dealing with," including an unflattering write-up about Jones in the New York Times.

"I think it was crazy just because it was two days before I competed, and then the fact that it was from a U.S. media,'' Jones told Savannah Guthrie before fighting back tears. "They should be supporting our U.S. Olympic athletes and instead they just ripped me to shreds. I just thought that that was crazy because I worked six days a week, every day, for four years for a 12-second race and the fact that they just tore me apart, which is heartbreaking.

"They didn't even do their research, calling me the Anna Kournikova of track. I have the American record. I am the American record holder indoors, I have two world indoor titles. Just because I don't boast about these things, I don't think I should be ripped apart by media. I laid it out there, fought hard for my country and it's just a shame that I have to deal with so much backlash when I'm already so brokenhearted as it is."

Jones is right that the New York Times went too far in the article. She is a more accomplished athlete than they gave her credit for. However, it is not the job of the media to support athletes. It is the job of the media to cover the sport, both good and bad. She had no problem posing for magazine covers and doing interviews to promote herself before the Olympics. She can't be angry now when she has less than golden results.

Nobody is saying it’s right that Jones got to be the media darling before the events….lets be real, she has a prettier face and the her disadvantaged upbringing fit with her image and her whole redemption story going back to 08, she got offered endorsements like that’s not her fault...she’s not gonna not accept marketing deals and money from major brands, shes not a fool. So the whole I didn’t have endorsements thing, well tough….and please I dare anyone to name me the most decorated judo Olympian without googling it, let alone a first time champion who came from nowhere (who DID have stories done on her and the child molestation stuff that sadly happened in her youth as well)..judo isn’t 1/50th as popular as track and field so that doesn’t make sense she’d have mad coverage nationally…

Like are people forgetting Lolo was FAVORED to win in 08, and had it won until she slipped?…the media LOVES redemption stories and love painting people as heroic figures (see Tebow) when they may or may not deserve it.. just how the world works. They have a right to be mad that they focus more on Lolo but they clearly have beef with her too, and that’s not gonna look good to endorsers…just take the high road, it’s the Olympics you have medals, nobody can take it away from you. They’ll get their rightful shine now, and they are the ones who initially brought up Lolo’s name BEFORE the races so of course NBC is gonna ask about how they felt after the fact b/c they made controversial remarks.

But look at the sentence before the one you bolded….they made her out to be a scrub and diminished her resume to kournikova? Cmon now, that’s disrespectful…and I’d be mad if I were her too, that ish came out BEFORE she even ran, and you act like she went and begged ESPN, NBC, Nike, McDonalds, Oakley, etc. to endorse her…they threw money her way, she made smart personal business moves for herself and made a household name, I’m not gonna knock her hustle…and the other hurdlers, Wells & Harper DESERVE praise, but the media is gonna run with the failure story because its more interesting than them….and hell Pearson isn’t *****ing about the shine and she ran an Olympic record time and got GOLD not silver and bronze. I had no issue with their comments before the race about being disrespected b/c the underdog thing can help some people in sports, but in that particular video they look salty…like you won she didn’t…everyone knows that so what is the point of making smart *** comments about “oh I actually worked hard to get here” and “my story is just as sad as hers” that’s just petty imo. And who wouldn’t be upset when they just had their final shot at the Olympics? Like is she supposed to be all cheery she missed on gold in 08 when she had it in the bag the whole race, and now she just missed a medal….she was just mad they diminished her resume and accomplishments to nothing like made her seem like a tennis player who won NOTHING...she even said she wasn’t expected to medal or make the team and she did it…yeah she failed but no need for her to be persecuted for it.

:smh: these sprinters slowing down when finishing the heats. I get your fast and its your cocky way of showing it, but would it really hurt to sprint for 2 more seconds? Im pretty sure blake had a change to break the WR.
Edit. Im gonna call it Bolt is bout to do it too.

Shut up, man.

Wait im confused. So why did Batum hit dude in the nuts? For what reason?

And as for Lolo Jones, im just sick of hearing her name already. lol

Lost money now? they never got money in the first place. the media pushes lolo's story. even tho she hasnt medalled in the last 2 olympics.
they did INDEED voice their concerns about the media's coverage. did you not watch the video?
they have every right to be aggravated with the coverage of Lolo Jones.
she was a Non factor for 4 years yet she PR'd her way back into the spotlight by talkin about her sexuality or lack there of just before the Olympics. Now shes back in the news and its not for being the best in the sport she competes in.
Lolo Jones then gets on NBC Today this morning, how and why?
Name another 4th place finisher who has ever been invited on national show the day after NOT WINNING, no scratch that, not even medalling.
Make it worse, Lolo gets on Today and starts boohoo crying about the media not supporting her and she didnt deserve that. well you brought your personal life TO the media. you wiggled your way back in the public eye when you had done nothing to deserve it now your mad because the spotlight is on you and your recent failures? really ... G T F O H

Wow I didn't know Barbosa had that in him. He's not a ball handler...just usually puts his head down and drives to the rim :wow:

Last edited:
Batum_punch.gif

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Told Batum some won't think groin shot is in Olympic spirit. Batum: "Do you think if you lost a game on purpose, that's the Olympic spirit?"
RT @docrostov: i don't know, batum, why don't you ask noted 2012 portland trailblazer nic batum what it's like to lose a game on purpose?
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Finally, I asked Batum if he felt like his punch ultimately gave Navarro a 'good reason' to flop. "I hope so," Batum said.
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Somewhere, Dexter Pittman has just applied for French citizenship.
Every. single. part of it...I can't. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom