2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

I love how the women's teams play honestly though, no diving and flopping like the men's game....Neymar should take a hint for Saturday

I love how the women's teams play honestly though, no diving and flopping like the men's game....Neymar should take a hint for Saturday
Yeah, I noticed that too. The guys should be ashamed of themselves.

so the U.S. needs ref help to win the olympic gold final? damn

If this was a real important final and Japan would have been in shape it would have been at least 2-0 Japan by now. Seems like the U.S. will get their reconciliation prize though.

Wow, I'm surprised i actually remember this. Dan O'Brien was the one highly favored of the two (forgot Dave's last name), but he got washed in either pole vaulting, or the hurdles. He did redeem himself in the next Olympics though.
I could probably look it up but didn't Dan just need a certain pole vault to qualify but he went for a something higher and didn't make it?  Just totally blew it.  I was young but I remember leading up to that Olympics was the first time I'd heard anybody care about track & field. Jesse Owens, Bruce Jenner, Flo Jo, Carl Lewis, etc were all wel known but I didn't think anybody talked about it until the Olympics were happening, let alone seeing commercials and clothing.

so the U.S. needs ref help to win the olympic gold final? damn
If this was a real important final and Japan would have been in shape it would have been at least 2-0 Japan by now. Seems like the U.S. will get their reconciliation prize though.
What?  That was an awful no call but what are you talking about?

I could probably look it up but didn't Dan just need a certain pole vault to qualify but he went for a something higher and didn't make it?  Just totally blew it.  I was young but I remember leading up to that Olympics was the first time I'd heard anybody care about track & field. Jesse Owens, Bruce Jenner, Flo Jo, Carl Lewis, etc were all wel known but I didn't think anybody talked about it until the Olympics were happening, let alone seeing commercials and clothing.

Yea it was something like that. He passed on some other heights, then completely failed on all attempts trying to make them.

GOOOAAAAAALLLL :pimp: :pimp:

The 200 is coming up already???? **** I hate this coverage :smh:

Last edited:
He still looks like he's slowing down at the end of the race

I think he could have hit 19.30/19.28

Back
Top Bottom