2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

Just watched the men's 200 Meters race, Usain Bolt. :pimp:

and again, Looks like dude took it easy towards the end. :x :pimp: :smh:

Bolt really needs to stop playing around at the end of his sprints and show us his real speed. Everyone knows he can go faster.

Oh Yeah Puma needs to release this shirt again.
This announcer close to Bolt was talking with Al Michaels and explained it...Bolt had some back surgery, got a great first 10 steps, but then pulled back when he knew he got the W, cuz he was feeling his back.

That Bolt shirt is :smokin.

The feeding platform in the marathon race is awesome. It looked like when they feed sharks. I thought they would give them snacks though like power bars on a stick.

Russia let Spain get hot
mean.gif

sick.gif
Folded like a bad tent.

Russia looked like a bunch of guys at the YMCA in the fourth. Couldn't execute anything on the offensive end.

If the US makes it to the gold medal game, I'm not worried about Spain at all. They aren't the 08 team and they have not played well this tournament. The US will get theirs on the offensive end.

Last edited:
The russian broad that just went in the rhythmic gymnastics qualifying round on NBC :smh: :wow:

Breathtaking.

Last edited:
^not quite. Something like 0.6s if I remember right - but still a serious chunk. It was almost exactly 1s inside the Olympic record.

That's the last record that East Germany holds gone now.

I didn't even know bmx was an olympic event until 2 days ago. It's fun to watch, especially when they have some crazy crashes.
Fun to watch but it shouldn't be an olympic sport. It's just not an impressive enough athletic achievement IMO - sure, it's fast and interesting but it just doesn't fit for me.
as someone who used to race i have to disagree....i will say that the bigger tracks they race on aren't as technical and are just big as hell but they have to do that to keep the fans interested...i'd personally prefer to watch them on a regular size track which takes way more skill and strength  

1000xi.jpg

1000xon.jpg

Carmelita Jeter, Bianca Knight, Allyson Felix and Tianna Madison of the United States celebrate next to the clock after winning gold and setting a new world record of 40.82 in the Women's 4 x 100m Relay Final at the London 2012 Olympic Games. August 10, 2012 in London, England.

Whats the frequency on drug testing for Chinese/Jamaican athletes? I heard its like 1-2 times a year and in china you got to give em 2-3 weeks notice to test their athletes? Any truth to these rumors?

Whats the frequency on drug testing for Chinese/Jamaican athletes? I heard its like 1-2 times a year and in china you got to give em 2-3 weeks notice to test their athletes? Any truth to these rumors?
2-3 weeks notice on a "we're trying to catch you cheating" test? Cool.
After that article, wouldn't even put it past them. :smh:

You see that pack of Africans on the 5000M womens final? 

Kenya and Ethiopia smashing out the top 6 spots alternating. 
roll.gif

Whats the average of tests for other countries?

1-2 times a year sounds like a lot of in between time to juice.

^She knew damn well she could have gotten back up and finished the race. Wasted all that time hitting the track and whining :smh:.

^She knew damn well she could have gotten back up and finished the race. Wasted all that time hitting the track and whining
mean.gif
Exactly what I was thinking.

Where did all that emotion come from?

You can't fall TWICE in a row and just get mad at the world...its YOU homie. 

Back
Top Bottom