2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by quik1987

Cause I saw this:
The Natural Mystic said:
It's not looking good but I'll wait until I see the different trims. Otherwise, here I come g37.

I wasn't comparing the two cars. I was gonna hold out on the G37 for this car because it's cheaper and probably a lot less to maintain.

It's crazy because one day I'm in love with this car and other days I'm like ehhh. I think I just need to drive it.

I don't know how I feel about the front plastic piece of the BRZ, it looks very GT-Rish but it also kind of look cheap in the pics. Saw it on person at the autoshow last week and it wasn't bad but that was a concept, it might look less spectacular on a production vehicle. Plus if it isn't painted, I can imagine it turning hazy or simply cracking after a few years.

I don't know how I feel about the front plastic piece of the BRZ, it looks very GT-Rish but it also kind of look cheap in the pics. Saw it on person at the autoshow last week and it wasn't bad but that was a concept, it might look less spectacular on a production vehicle. Plus if it isn't painted, I can imagine it turning hazy or simply cracking after a few years.

Hmmm, kinda digging the Subaru version slightly more than the Toyota. Why such a low TQ numbers from a boxer engine though? 150lbs? Kinda of reminds me of the K20 series of engines. The HP is pretty good, especially for a curb weight of 2600lbs, its 100 less than the RSX Type-S, and as much scrutiny this car recieved, the Type-S was a hell of a N/A 4 banger. Low - mid 14's stock and a few bolt ons, I/H/E got you low 14s to high 13s and hondata got you in the 13s easily though.

Hopefully this engine is mod friendly, N/A boxers are typically not
frown.gif

Hmmm, kinda digging the Subaru version slightly more than the Toyota. Why such a low TQ numbers from a boxer engine though? 150lbs? Kinda of reminds me of the K20 series of engines. The HP is pretty good, especially for a curb weight of 2600lbs, its 100 less than the RSX Type-S, and as much scrutiny this car recieved, the Type-S was a hell of a N/A 4 banger. Low - mid 14's stock and a few bolt ons, I/H/E got you low 14s to high 13s and hondata got you in the 13s easily though.

Hopefully this engine is mod friendly, N/A boxers are typically not
frown.gif

I'm ready. NT Group Buy Discount? 
laugh.gif

The FR-S will probably look the same as the GT 86 except for the badge. No one from LA attending the unveiling?

I'm ready. NT Group Buy Discount? 
laugh.gif

The FR-S will probably look the same as the GT 86 except for the badge. No one from LA attending the unveiling?

I need details on an STi model; I don't wanna buy the BRZ and 6 months down the road I find out it will be out

I need details on an STi model; I don't wanna buy the BRZ and 6 months down the road I find out it will be out

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

What unveilling? 
Also, I think the FR-S will look more like the Toyota/Scion concept than the GT86/BRZ... hopefully.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

What unveilling? 
Also, I think the FR-S will look more like the Toyota/Scion concept than the GT86/BRZ... hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom