2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Even with decent MPG figures, the car isn't really a commuter car. More like an affordable weekend car. 
laugh.gif

So the BRZ will start at $24k? Highest trim at $27k? The FR-S could mos def start at $22k and end at $25k after all those options.  

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Even with decent MPG figures, the car isn't really a commuter car. More like an affordable weekend car. 
laugh.gif

So the BRZ will start at $24k? Highest trim at $27k? The FR-S could mos def start at $22k and end at $25k after all those options.  

Where did you get the pricing?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Where did you get the pricing?

Geez, backseat looks so cheap.
laugh.gif

This thing better be less than $25k.
hRsh7.jpg

And I don't know why but the front seats doesn't look as cheap as the black/red color.
2FxmL.jpg

Geez, backseat looks so cheap.
laugh.gif

This thing better be less than $25k.
hRsh7.jpg

And I don't know why but the front seats doesn't look as cheap as the black/red color.
2FxmL.jpg

Originally Posted by StillIn729

wait so it seems this car is gonna be over $30k for Subaru and just under $30k for Scion...get the F outta here
looks like american muscle has proved again that if u want da best bang for you buck you gotta go SS/RT/5.0GT

wait so it seems this car is gonna be over $30k for Subaru and just under $30k for Scion...get the F outta here
looks like american muscle has proved again that if u want da best bang for you buck you gotta go SS/RT/5.0GT

Originally Posted by ninjahood

No solid proof of price yet. 
Plus if you provide good quality and solid vehicle that is often on top, you can usually charge a little premium.

Why do you think BMW can charge so much for less power while Infiniti gets people by offering more power for less?

Same with Hyundai, they have to offer more power to their Genesis Coupe or else it'll be ignored.

American cars has to do it too because of their notoriety from the past so they are forced to offer "best for your buck" to make sales.

Plus if you provide good quality and solid vehicle that is often on top, you can usually charge a little premium.

Why do you think BMW can charge so much for less power while Infiniti gets people by offering more power for less?

Same with Hyundai, they have to offer more power to their Genesis Coupe or else it'll be ignored.

American cars has to do it too because of their notoriety from the past so they are forced to offer "best for your buck" to make sales.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Pathetic.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Pathetic.

Originally Posted by RFX45

while all of this is all valid point, it really doesn't matter why they do in da grand scheme of things, da fact is they are doing it, so we as

consumers who should be diligently doing our homework and see what brand is gonna offer me da MOST i want for da best money.

alot of idiots though blindly follow brands instead of performance/quality..this is why benz/bimmer can sell you a overpriced C230 or a 128i

cuz of da badge when you could've gotten something way nicer for da money you're paying.

Originally Posted by RFX45

while all of this is all valid point, it really doesn't matter why they do in da grand scheme of things, da fact is they are doing it, so we as

consumers who should be diligently doing our homework and see what brand is gonna offer me da MOST i want for da best money.

alot of idiots though blindly follow brands instead of performance/quality..this is why benz/bimmer can sell you a overpriced C230 or a 128i

cuz of da badge when you could've gotten something way nicer for da money you're paying.

ninjahood wrote:

I somewhat agree to a certain extent. The important part of your post is this though:
what brand is gonna offer me da MOST i want for da best money

It is what people want most and not everyone is looking for power. Some simply prefer luxury, or handling, or the looks/styling and some simply prefer a solid vehicle that can take them from a to b. As a notorious V8 supporter like yourself,  seems the concept is lost on you at times. I know some of the post on NT are all jokes and for lulz but someone buying a V6 Camaro or Mustang for example, they feel that is the "best bang for the buck" is not a bad choice and doesn't necessarily make it a girls car. I mean you are looking for the best value, the V6 is the best option because it's cheaper on gas and they may not need to get from a to b 30 seconds faster. Plus they might just like how the car looks. In the end, it's subjective when it comes to car buying. 

The C230s and 128s in the world serves it purpose. Whether it's for entry level luxury or just pure driving experience, I see nothing wrong with paying extra to get what they want the most for the price they are willing to pay. I agree, a lot of people buy cars way above their means but that is a whole new topic altogether.

ninjahood wrote:

I somewhat agree to a certain extent. The important part of your post is this though:
what brand is gonna offer me da MOST i want for da best money

It is what people want most and not everyone is looking for power. Some simply prefer luxury, or handling, or the looks/styling and some simply prefer a solid vehicle that can take them from a to b. As a notorious V8 supporter like yourself,  seems the concept is lost on you at times. I know some of the post on NT are all jokes and for lulz but someone buying a V6 Camaro or Mustang for example, they feel that is the "best bang for the buck" is not a bad choice and doesn't necessarily make it a girls car. I mean you are looking for the best value, the V6 is the best option because it's cheaper on gas and they may not need to get from a to b 30 seconds faster. Plus they might just like how the car looks. In the end, it's subjective when it comes to car buying. 

The C230s and 128s in the world serves it purpose. Whether it's for entry level luxury or just pure driving experience, I see nothing wrong with paying extra to get what they want the most for the price they are willing to pay. I agree, a lot of people buy cars way above their means but that is a whole new topic altogether.

i always thought "entry level luxury" was da most dumbest segment in cars...if u can't afford a ACTUAL luxury car

then why don't u stop kidding yourself and get something that actually has more options/features VS coppin a stripped down

car cuz of da badge...there's a REASON why luxury cars are badged in numerical fashion VS RS, GT, SRT, etc. because

da luxury car makers dont want to push away price conscience buyers showing off badged that broadcast that you "went da cheap route"

da average joe doesn't know da different between a 325i, 330i, 335i, 335XL,..its all jargen to em..all they know is da propeller logo..

however people are becoming more and more savy with cars thanks to da internet, so what you see now is people completely de-badging

they whips to keep da aura, facade etc. (aka fooling themselves
laugh.gif
)

and as far as V6 muscle cars, everyone knows they're a cop out/take down of da V8's..no 2 ways around it..if u just like how da car looks

you should like why it looks da way it does (cuz if its performance background)

i always thought "entry level luxury" was da most dumbest segment in cars...if u can't afford a ACTUAL luxury car

then why don't u stop kidding yourself and get something that actually has more options/features VS coppin a stripped down

car cuz of da badge...there's a REASON why luxury cars are badged in numerical fashion VS RS, GT, SRT, etc. because

da luxury car makers dont want to push away price conscience buyers showing off badged that broadcast that you "went da cheap route"

da average joe doesn't know da different between a 325i, 330i, 335i, 335XL,..its all jargen to em..all they know is da propeller logo..

however people are becoming more and more savy with cars thanks to da internet, so what you see now is people completely de-badging

they whips to keep da aura, facade etc. (aka fooling themselves
laugh.gif
)

and as far as V6 muscle cars, everyone knows they're a cop out/take down of da V8's..no 2 ways around it..if u just like how da car looks

you should like why it looks da way it does (cuz if its performance background)

Hey, I agree with you, buyers should know what they are paying for but this is consumer America. People are shallow and will pay for anything, hell I could honestly say I am guilty of this as well.

But on your stance of muscle cars and hows it's a cop out to have a V6? No way that is true, I don't know the numbers but I would guess the V6 sells better than V8's. It's smart business plain and simple. It's nice to have power and that grunt and sound of the V8 but again, not everyone is going to be drag racing all the time.

And for liking how it looks because of it's performance background? That makes no sense, if you like a Mustang, you like a Mustang. A 20 yr old buying a Mustang today might have no idea how beautiful the 60's version is, they might just like how it looks. Hell a '67 Mustang is my dream car because it looks gorgeous, not because it was beating everyone in the drag strip in the 60's. People can appreciate the look w/o the performance.

Hey, I agree with you, buyers should know what they are paying for but this is consumer America. People are shallow and will pay for anything, hell I could honestly say I am guilty of this as well.

But on your stance of muscle cars and hows it's a cop out to have a V6? No way that is true, I don't know the numbers but I would guess the V6 sells better than V8's. It's smart business plain and simple. It's nice to have power and that grunt and sound of the V8 but again, not everyone is going to be drag racing all the time.

And for liking how it looks because of it's performance background? That makes no sense, if you like a Mustang, you like a Mustang. A 20 yr old buying a Mustang today might have no idea how beautiful the 60's version is, they might just like how it looks. Hell a '67 Mustang is my dream car because it looks gorgeous, not because it was beating everyone in the drag strip in the 60's. People can appreciate the look w/o the performance.

Back
Top Bottom