2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Good find on the review. Really considering getting this just o have fun with it on the track.

Good find on the review. Really considering getting this just o have fun with it on the track.

Originally Posted by RFX45

370z starts at $30k.
RX8 is on its deathbed and that rotary engine will kill your pockets once it breaks down.
Muscle cars won't handle like the BRZ/FRS, which is the point of this car. Plus this NT, your not allowed to get a V6 American car.
Miata is its main competition but it's ugly and outdated now.
Genesis Coupe is heavy as hell and still won't handle as well as this.

This has all been discussed before though, the car serves a different purpose compared to most cars.

Completely disagree.

Originally Posted by RFX45

370z starts at $30k.
RX8 is on its deathbed and that rotary engine will kill your pockets once it breaks down.
Muscle cars won't handle like the BRZ/FRS, which is the point of this car. Plus this NT, your not allowed to get a V6 American car.
Miata is its main competition but it's ugly and outdated now.
Genesis Coupe is heavy as hell and still won't handle as well as this.

This has all been discussed before though, the car serves a different purpose compared to most cars.

Completely disagree.

You really think the new Miatas look good?
XBDq5.jpg

S3yfK.jpg

q74HU.jpg

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

S2000 is starting to look dated though, unless you dont care about that.
The older ones do but the last couple years, AP2, don't look too bad. I'd drive it. Plus look at all the aero available on the aftermarket. Amuse, Top Secret, etc.
S2000 production was stopped in '08 I believe, so that argument is null and void. The msrp was definitely in the 30's... From what I hear, this is supposed to start at ~$23,000. I want one...

Obviously the BRZ will be in the same range. What kind of memories do you people have?
laugh.gif

RFX, gotta remember a used s2k with low mileage will be in the same price range as these brand new so that isn't such a bad alternative.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

S2000 is starting to look dated though, unless you dont care about that.
The older ones do but the last couple years, AP2, don't look too bad. I'd drive it. Plus look at all the aero available on the aftermarket. Amuse, Top Secret, etc.
S2000 production was stopped in '08 I believe, so that argument is null and void. The msrp was definitely in the 30's... From what I hear, this is supposed to start at ~$23,000. I want one...

Obviously the BRZ will be in the same range. What kind of memories do you people have?
laugh.gif

RFX, gotta remember a used s2k with low mileage will be in the same price range as these brand new so that isn't such a bad alternative.

If it's between that and an AP2, I'd take the one with a Honda N/A engine any day. I'm very biased in favor of S2k's but still....

If it's between that and an AP2, I'd take the one with a Honda N/A engine any day. I'm very biased in favor of S2k's but still....

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Probably less actually but still, to keep it fair, got to compare it price for price to brand new cars. Or else everyone here would just say get a used M3. 
laugh.gif

If you're going to compare both cars, you have to wait until there are used BRZ/FR-S a year or two from now, in which they'll probably be $18k-$20k used, then it'll be a more fair comparison.

I like the S2000 but I really wouldn't buy a used one because you'll never know the abuse it went through by the former owner. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Probably less actually but still, to keep it fair, got to compare it price for price to brand new cars. Or else everyone here would just say get a used M3. 
laugh.gif

If you're going to compare both cars, you have to wait until there are used BRZ/FR-S a year or two from now, in which they'll probably be $18k-$20k used, then it'll be a more fair comparison.

I like the S2000 but I really wouldn't buy a used one because you'll never know the abuse it went through by the former owner. 

I've read lowest spec is $23k.

I don't know why they don't just release the damn price already. I'm sure it's already set.

Back
Top Bottom