2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

HP=/= overall performance

camaro has ALL of that...you just like to practice what i like to call selective reading
laugh.gif
I guess you missed all the praise these cars are getting

But I have "selective reading"

I see you've clearly avoided my kill shots at your argument but what else is new with you
da camaro is better car though, da only reason da BRZ/FRS gets praise is because its a stripped down go-kart with toyota prius tires

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
sliding>>>>>going fast in a straight line.

Not trying to get into argument but on your daily commutes are there really curvy roads to take advantage of the better handling.

Like I see the statement that muscle only performs in a straight line and I've always wondered where are these roads that twist and turn dramatically.

Last edited:
i believe NInja is trying to say you get more for around the same price in camaro's/challengers versus a brz. Like he said, it's different markets. The brz is more jdm/tuner community while camaro is more "murrica" muscle car

camaro has ALL of that...you just like to practice what i like to call selective reading
laugh.gif

I see you've clearly avoided my kill shots at your argument but what else is new with you
da camaro is better car though, da only reason da BRZ/FRS gets praise is because its a stripped down go-kart with toyota prius tires

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and we're talkin about "practically"?

first off da "straight line only performance" is a myth, word to camaro burg' ring times...modern muscle can handle..PERIOD.

but as far as "what you're gonna use on a daily basis" acceleration/power >>>>>>* EVERYONE uses it, i dunno where you're gonna powerslide

on your commute at least 1 time...hearing a V8 rumble after you press that pedal and getting da torque of da engine pin you on your seat>>>>>

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

first off da "straight line only performance" is a myth, word to camaro burg' ring times...modern muscle can handle..PERIOD.

but as far as "what you're gonna use on a daily basis" acceleration/power >>>>>>* EVERYONE uses it, i dunno where you're gonna powerslide

on your commute at least 1 time...hearing a V8 rumble after you press that pedal and getting da torque of da engine pin you on your seat>>>>>
I mentioned nothing about practicality.

Shut up already

If you love the muscle cars so much, grow up, move out of your mom's house and buy one so you can enjoy rather than rip whatever someone else likes when you don't

Shut up already

If you love the muscle cars so much, grow up, move out of your mom's house and buy one so you can enjoy rather than rip whatever someone else likes when you don't
see what happens when i make people feel bad with da facts? they go for da neck
laugh.gif
..it NEVER FAILS
roll.gif

why you wanna get personal b?, i seen pictures of you...you're da epitome of non threatening.

its not my fault you weren't more well informed as a car consumer.

Last edited:

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

which speaks LARGELY to da flaws of you're argument and empowers mine. as a car consumer, why aren't you gonna post da most

money into something that you're gonna get da MOST use out of? da powertrain of a car is something you use every second, its da heart

and soul of da car, so when a company gives you SO MUCH and asks for SO LITTLE in return, i see it as a no brainer for a customer to

take da plunge barring any quality issues.

this is why da camaro is doing so well, its just a great buy.

da BRZ/FRS SHOULD'VE had a turbo..i mean c'mon.....you're in 2013, and not only are you competeing with new cars going at your neck

but also used cars as a option, as a company da answer should've been, give MORE to attract and entice someone who wants that experience

of a porsche to take a second look at this car and say "hold up, outside of da brand prestige this car is fantastic..i know it doesn't have da brand

cache' but you know what? imma rock out with it, da specs speak for themselves" and intead of doing that 100000000000000000000% from

concept to production, they watered it down. da camaro on da other hand was like this with GM "oh ya like this crazy concept camaro? well

we're crazy enough to build it for ya".

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

which speaks LARGELY to da flaws of you're argument and empowers mine. as a car consumer, why aren't you gonna post da most

money into something that you're gonna get da MOST use out of? da powertrain of a car is something you use every second, its da heart

and soul of da car, so when a company gives you SO MUCH and asks for SO LITTLE in return, i see it as a no brainer for a customer to

da BRZ/FRS SHOULD'VE had a turbo..i mean c'mon.....you're in 2013, and not only are you competeing with new cars going at your neck

but also used cars as a option, as a company da answer should've been, give MORE to attract and entice someone who wants that experience

of a porsche to take a second look at this car and say "hold up, outside of da brand prestige this car is fantastic..i know it doesn't have da brand

cache' but you know what? imma rock out with it, da specs speak for themselves" and intead of doing that 100000000000000000000% from

concept to production, they watered it down. da camaro on da other hand was like this with GM "oh ya like this crazy concept camaro? well

Where are you pulling all of these assumptions from?  I posted one sentence stating a personal preference.  That's an "argument"?

see what happens when i make people feel bad with da facts? they go for da neck :lol: ..it NEVER FAILS :rofl:

why you wanna get personal b?, i seen pictures of you...you're da epitome of non threatening.

its not my fault you weren't more well informed as a car consumer.

who ever said I was threatening? I wouldn't post my picture if I wanted to come off as some hard *** besides to threaten me you'd actually have to leave your bubble

I will give you credit; you have trolling down to an art form

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where are you pulling all of these assumptions from?  I posted one sentence stating a personal preference.  That's an "argument"?
you can have a personal preference, and thats fine, but dont try to pass it off like its da prevailing fact, for example these days a automatic

transmission will get you a 0-60 time FASTER then a manual, but alot of enthusiast are still apprehensive about having it versus changing your

own gears, with that said da overwhelming majority of people will prefer a automatic, this is why chevy made da ZL1 available in a automatic

because they knew it would be more accessible to a wider audience cuz it was more popular, and not just a enthusiast preference.

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you can have a personal preference, and thats fine, but dont try to pass it off like its da prevailing fact, for example these days a automatic

transmission will get you a 0-60 time FASTER then a manual, but alot of enthusiast are still apprehensive about having it versus changing your

own gears, with that said da overwhelming majority of people will prefer a automatic, this is why chevy made da ZL1 available in a automatic

because they knew it would be more accessible to a wider audience cuz it was more popular, and not just a enthusiast preference.
Never presented what I said as a fact.

He's comparing a car that's about $10k more starting which hasn't even been mentioned

There is no allowed "personal preference" or he wouldn't be trolling this thread

laugh.gif

so it can slide better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Never presented what I said as a fact.
should've said that, hence when people say IMO or 'in my opinion"

everyone is allowed to have a personal preference.

Originally Posted by ninjahood  

should've said that, hence when people say IMO or 'in my opinion"

everyone is allowed to have a personal preference.
What's up, Kettle? My name's Pot.

Last edited:
Right now, the BRZ is a bad deal though, since these scumbag dealerships are charging over MSRP. I've seen base BRZs bumped up to 29K :x for that much I can get a 370z or for 1K more a Mustang GT. My neighbor bought his FRS for 25K, which seems like the perfect price

Last edited:
i believe NInja is trying to say you get more for around the same price in camaro's/challengers versus a brz. Like he said, it's different markets. The brz is more jdm/tuner community while camaro is more "murrica" muscle car

You summed up ALL of his posts in one sentence. And to think, people wanted a car forum here? Unless it's a muscle car, every thread would've had the same cut & paste responses from Ninja :lol:

Last edited:
Right now, the BRZ is a bad deal though, since these scumbag dealerships are charging over MSRP. I've seen base BRZs bumped up to 29K :x for that much I can get a 370z or for 1K more a Mustang GT. My neighbor bought his FRS for 25K, which seems like the perfect price

The BRZ limited is $29k

F the 2012 data here's the 2013 data:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/06/usa-sports-car-sales-figures-may-2013-ytd.html

The Mustang is very close.

USA_Sports-car-sales-chart-May-2013.jpg

american muscle's best bang for your buck is hard to beat.

couple things..first, how the **** is the veloster selling so well? it looks like hot garbage. and its making 200 WITH a turbo. foh. same thing with the scion tc over the GTI...WTF.

second, why is the FRS selling over the BRZ? i swear i see more subarus than scions on the street...

couple things..first, how the **** is the veloster selling so well? it looks like hot garbage. and its making 200 WITH a turbo. foh. same thing with the scion tc over the GTI...WTF.

second, why is the FRS selling over the BRZ? i swear i see more subarus than scions on the street...

The FRS was meant to be sold in masses hence it's basically one price

Subaru has stated they wanted the BRZ to be more limited overall so it's about a 3:1 sales ratio between the two

F that noise, I think the prices have fallen to a bit below MSRP but at first dealers def were getting a couple thousand extra

Back
Top Bottom