2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

F that noise, I think the prices have fallen to a bit below MSRP but at first dealers def were getting a couple thousand extra

I see what they're doing. Probably adding a @#$% load of options that no one would ever get to justify the price

couple things..first, how the **** is the veloster selling so well? it looks like hot garbage. and its making 200 WITH a turbo. foh. same thing with the scion tc over the GTI...WTF.

second, why is the FRS selling over the BRZ? i swear i see more subarus than scions on the street...

i love the look actually... ove of my favorite cheap cars out there....

Same, the veloster always catches my eye, i think it's a solid looking hot hatch. but If i wanted a hatchback I would go for a wrx or R32 though, just me though

I would agree with Ninjahoods point, because I was between the brz & camaro, and the camaro just simply has more power and a smoother ride. Which I think matter a little more, for example when you're taking your girl/date out etc, you want a comfortable and smooth ride, or if you're like me you need to get down the freeway asap so you're hauling ***, handling doesn't help with this, but power & torque does. I mean for almost 30k it has less power, features and comfortability on the road, but it does make up for that in handling, aesthetics, design and JDM-reliability. so it's a fair trade i suppose.

:wow: :x :rofl: @ the fiat500 & convertible beetle outselling the FRS, that is surprising, and sad, given the high amount of FRS I see on the road

Last edited:
I feel like Subaru and Toyota almost got this thing correct.  Great design, balanced engine placement, incredible handling, but a dog when it comes to horsepower.  The days of over engineering sports car engines for the masses are over.  Toyota and Honda were at the top of their game in the 90s with the MKIV Supra and the NSX, but since that time they have devolved into family car bland commuter territory where every car looks the same without soul or character.  Such a shame, but these guys realized that it cost a lot of money to engineer these brilliant vehicles so far ahead of their time and the result was that nobody in America bought them as evidenced by the low numbers of vehicles sold here.  Instead we are left with the BRZ/FRS that I dare say couldn't beat a 90s naturally aspirated Supra off the line.  I really love the BRZ styling, if only it had more power, sadly I think the STI will just have a bodykit addition and not a true power enhancement to the engine bay, too bad.

Last edited:
Same, the veloster always catches my eye, i think it's a solid looking hot hatch. but If i wanted a hatchback I would go for a wrx or R32 though, just me though

I would agree with Ninjahoods point, because I was between the brz & camaro, and the camaro just simply has more power and a smoother ride. Which I think matter a little more, for example when you're taking your girl/date out etc, you want a comfortable and smooth ride, or if you're like me you need to get down the freeway asap so you're hauling ***, handling doesn't help with this, but power & torque does. I mean for almost 30k it has less power, features and comfortability on the road, but it does make up for that in handling, aesthetics, design and JDM-reliability. so it's a fair trade i suppose.

:wow: :x :rofl: @ the fiat500 & convertible beetle outselling the FRS, that is surprising, and sad, given the high amount of FRS I see on the road

same here, though I don't count WRX as a hot hatch, and the Golf R starts 10K higher than the Veloster... but this would be my choice...

I feel like Subaru and Toyota almost got this thing correct.  Great design, balanced engine placement, incredible handling, but a dog when it comes to horsepower.  The days of over engineering sports car engines for the masses are over.  Toyota and Honda were at the top of their game in the 90s with the MKIV Supra and the NSX, but since that time they have devolved into family car bland commuter territory where every car looks the same without soul or character.  Such a shame, but these guys realized that it cost a lot of money to engineer these brilliant vehicles so far ahead of their time and the result was that nobody in America bought them as evidenced by the low numbers of vehicles sold here.  Instead we are left with the BRZ/FRS that I dare say couldn't beat a 90s naturally aspirated Supra off the line.  I really love the BRZ styling, if only it had more power, sadly I think the STI will just have a bodykit addition and not a true power enhancement to the engine bay, too bad.

yea word. the 90s was all about JDM motorsports in general. i was born in 88 and i know that. gas prices are totally different nowadays so economy rules the consumer mindset. thats y im glad they brought out the toyobaru.

LOL RIGHT? the fiat? car is mad fruity...

the r32 was way to expensive for what it offered compared to the wrx. passed on ze german easy lol

I see so many clowns with 400 HP muscle cars going the speed limit or below it

What's the point if you wanna drive like that? I never get it at least people who but the FRS/BRZ seem to enjoy their cars

I see so many clowns with 400 HP muscle cars going the speed limit or below it

What's the point if you wanna drive like that? I never get it at least people who but the FRS/BRZ seem to enjoy their cars

I think everyone enjoys their cars in different ways, enjoyment is a subjective term.

that's like saying when was the last time you did a power slide/drift in your BRZ/FRS? I'm sure you don't have to take every corner going 60 to enjoy your ride daily :lol:

Last edited:
I think everyone enjoys their cars in different ways, enjoyment is a subjective term with regards.

that's like saying when was the last time you did a power slide/drift in your BRZ/FRS? I'm sure you don't have to take every corner going 60 to enjoy your ride daily :lol:

That's def not the same thing but I know what you're saying

da camaro is better car though, da only reason da BRZ/FRS gets praise is because its a stripped down go-kart with toyota prius tires

so it can slide better :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

You're really bad at comparing apples and oranges, always have been. I'd take an Evo anyday over a Camaro. See where we can go with this?

I don't think anyone is doubting a straightline race. BUT. Around the track on the twisties, Camaro will slide into the grass off the track while we're cruising around tight turns. Prius tires? Who keeps the OEM tires longer than shelf life? This is a tuner car man, no one is keeping these things stock. Most will turbo with the cheap kits coming out.

da camaro is better car though, da only reason da BRZ/FRS gets praise is because its a stripped down go-kart with toyota prius tires

You're really bad at comparing apples and oranges, always have been. I'd take an Evo anyday over a Camaro. See where we can go with this?

I don't think anyone is doubting a straightline race. BUT. Around the track on the twisties, Camaro will slide into the grass off the track while we're cruising around tight turns. Prius tires? Who keeps the OEM tires longer than shelf life? This is a tuner car man, no one is keeping these things stock. Most will turbo with the cheap kits coming out.

Every frs ive seen on da street still got da skinny

Prius tires still stuck on em :lol:

Me personally, I can't do tuner car. I cant buy a car with low HP and plan to spend an additional $5-10 grand to make it faster. My current (in my sig) is 215hp stock which is like 150-170 to the wheel and these people wanna spend over 5 grand to boost it. Why dont I just buy a faster car?

Me personally, I can't do tuner car. I cant buy a car with low HP and plan to spend an additional $5-10 grand to make it faster. My current (in my sig) is 215hp stock which is like 150-170 to the wheel and these people wanna spend over 5 grand to boost it. Why dont I just buy a faster car?

Because it's a hobby for many people; I can go buy a fast stock car that's basically at it's limits that everyone else has or I can buy and build up my own

Ninjahood can hate but the BRZ/FRS can take his muscle cars with the $5-10k you don't spend buying one

Every frs ive seen on da street still got da skinny

Prius tires still stuck on em :lol:

Depends, many are probably still on OEM wheels. I know a lot of owners who are planning wider wheels anyways, so tires will have to change too. I'll probably go with 18's with low offset.

Hey that's the tuner way. My friend has a IS300 with that SRT kit and is pushing about 380 right now. Turbo is huge.

Personally HP isn't gonna be a dealbreaker.

Race on the highway? You beat me? Great. You win. Want a trophy?

Last edited:

Exactly, I had some douche I used to work with want to race me in his Challenger against my 370Z all the time

I own Z's because I love them not because I wanna race some meathead idiot who has no idea about what he's even driving

people who actually race like that do it for money tho...

then there's da

ciPr5.gif

look when you get left on da highway some of ya can front if ya want..it matters.
laugh.gif

Idiots who race random people do not do it for money, the hell :lol:

No, it really doesn't. To ME.

Put me in a 170 HP Miata and it'll still be a blast to drive.

I'll more than likely hit em with a

joker-sarcastic-clap1.gif

if you beat me in a "race".

Idiots who race random people do not do it for money, the hell
laugh.gif

No, it really doesn't. To ME.

Put me in a 170 HP Miata and it'll still be a blast to drive.

I'll more than likely hit em with a

joker-sarcastic-clap1.gif

if you beat me in a "race".
you got that ol' complacent defeatist mentality b.

left lane in NYC would have you shook.
laugh.gif

:rofl: at all this bickering

I'd be fine if you beat me in a race Ninja. But some L's are harder to take than others. At least I'm able to take shorty sitting next to me back home to my own crib.

It matters. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom