2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Y'know, 7 days ago, I would've said I would NEVER trade in my Z but now, I'm not sure anymore :lol: This car is really that fun to drive and like RFX said, when the inevitable turbo version comes out, I'll probably get rid of the Z and this for that. It's the reason I only leased this one for 2 years.
I really love the new redesign for the 2015's and once my Bimmer lease is up, I'll probably go for that as my winter/passenger vehicle. As of now, my fleet looks like this.

Nice collection there. I am really impressed with the new WRX. 268hp from the new FA20T, and a 6 speed manual? I am considering it, seeing as I haven't gone too crazy with mods so far on the FR-S

congrats @JayPesoz
  :pimp:

Automatic or manual? How much did it run you otd?

Stick's the only way :D But my lease was with $2.5k/$199 for 24 months. I went to about 5 different Scions/Subaru's in my area and they ranged from as high as $270/42 months for a BRZ Limited to $230/36 months for a 10 series because they really wanted it out. I just went with the shortest deal because I'm hopeful this car gets a power boost ~2016-17.

Nice fleet

I'll be copping the next Z as soon it actually comes out I'm guessing 2016-17 at this point

It's definitely a good time as far as car's go right now and I'm really curious what they come up with for the next Z. Hell, I'm keeping up IDx news and I don't even know why :lol:

Nice collection there. I am really impressed with the new WRX. 268hp from the new FA20T, and a 6 speed manual? I am considering it, seeing as I haven't gone too crazy with mods so far on the FR-S

Have you done anything to it yet?

Last edited:
I went with a Powerhouse Amuse titanium downpipe and a Blitz racing filter so far, nothing crazy. Some nice small gains and a smoother powerband.

How loud does that downpipe make your car sound? At stock, this car is severely too quiet for me and I was looking into a TRD exhaust or maybe the Invidia N1 since it's about half the cost of the TRD one. I was also about to order a K&N air filter as I've heard good things about them.

How loud does that downpipe make your car sound? At stock, this car is severely too quiet for me and I was looking into a TRD exhaust or maybe the Invidia N1 since it's about half the cost of the TRD one. I was also about to order a K&N air filter as I've heard good things about them.

The Ti downpipe removes 1 of the cats (there's another in tucked in the headers) so you can notice the sound increase, but it's still nothing because the muffler and midpipe are stock. I would buy an exhaust but I've been considering a switch to the WRX for months so I dunno if I will get one, probably not. The filter, yeah K&N is solid, TRD and Tom's Japan as well. I imported some red Tom's shoulder pads from Japan because the seatbelts are sharp.

finally got my cusco front strut bar. My ST Coilovers

my 57xtremes in black come in next week! Been a three month wait.

18x8.5 fronts on 225
18x9.5 rears on 245

It handles amazing and doesn't look too bad :wink:

-UNDFT-

I haven't test driven one yet but did get to sit in it at the dealership. Can any owners describe how your clutch pedal feels like? The one I sat in the clutch pedal had no resistance at all every time I clutched in it it felt like nothing. The car wasn't on but I don't think it would feel any different.

Clutch is real soft. Takes some getting used to. Check out ft86club.com, a lot of people over there adjust the height of the clutch pedal and it's supposed to feel better. I just spent a couple weeks driving it and getting used to it, feels fine now.

I love the car itself but it needs a turbo model in the worst way; if my BRZ was about 230 HP stock it would be perfect

Yeah, the clutch is pretty soft but my DC-5 pedals were pretty mushy by the time I traded it in for one of these so I didn't mind it much.

Last edited:
Joined the crew today! Initial D was the 1st anime i ever watched in 2008 so The 86 has a special place in my heart.
came from a 07 Mini Cooper S that I'll always love but it was totaled in a fire.

Came in here as a first time poster, im 6'3 and im looking to get this, should i cop this or put some work into a corvette c3?

Welp, i guess i gotta start saving, anybody have the rocketbunny kit on their frs or any type of kits?

man these are one of the few cars around with actual legit manual transmissions w/ stick shifts right? hopefully theyre still around when im done with school...i had a manual 95 celica as my first car and it seems like stick shifts are pretty much dead, the fact that the FRS/BRZ has a similar design to the celica/supra with updated handling/power makes me need this car

man these are one of the few cars around with actual legit manual transmissions w/ stick shifts right? hopefully theyre still around when im done with school...i had a manual 95 celica as my first car and it seems like stick shifts are pretty much dead, the fact that the FRS/BRZ has a similar design to the celica/supra with updated handling/power makes me need this car

What do you mean by "actual legit manual transmissions with stick shift" ....?

Last edited:
Mine is manual 6 speed. The reverse is activated by pulling up & to the left. My previous car was a Mini Cooper S and to reverse was a hard hard left further than1st gear. Loving the FRS so far. My Mini was my ultimate homie but I'm getting used to the new ride now.

What do you mean by "actual legit manual transmissions with stick shift" ....?

Every new model manual 5-6 speed I've seen coming out within the last few years have had paddle shifters or the tiptronic system, with no clutch. The clutch-stick is the fun part! I miss it :frown:

Yeah those aren't really manual trannies and when someone says "manual" or "stick shift" it still pretty much means rowing through gears with three pedals.

Though it's diminishing, plenty of cars out there still offers a manual ******, Porsche comes to mind. 370Z, Miata, MazdaSpeed3/6, Genesis Coupe, Camaro, Mustang, etc... all comes with manual trannies.

Back
Top Bottom