2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

The backseat is great for groceries :lol:

It's really a plus that you can sit them on a cushion and buckle them up :D I bought a large pizza last night and all the space in my Z was literally just me and my pizza taking up my entire trunk :lol:

Last edited:
Putting groceries in the trunk of this car is a no no. Crap slides every where.

Here's the most recent pic of my car

Last edited:
It's really a plus that you can sit them on a cushion and buckle them up :D I bought a large pizza last night and all the space in my Z was literally just me and my pizza taking up my entire trunk :lol:

My 370 was damn near impossible to fit anything but I loved it so damn much

Stillin, the BRZ or the 350/370z?

Do you miss the extra HP? All the reviews say it's just a blast to drive and that even though it only has 200HP, it still feels like its got 300+.  

The 370z is just so mean though. Might wait out on the STI edition to see if it gets a "boost" (pun intended)

Stillin, the BRZ or the 350/370z?

Do you miss the extra HP? All the reviews say it's just a blast to drive and that even though it only has 200HP, it still feels like its got 300+.  

The 370z is just so mean though. Might wait out on the STI edition to see if it gets a "boost" (pun intended)

Man it's a tough call; I love my BRZ but I'm also a Z enthusiast so I would probably say Z but that doesn't discredit the BRZ

The HP is fine on this car and for a few grand you can easily up the power

The Z def gives you a quick speed burst when needed; if you plan to mod get the BRZ but if you are gonna keep stock grab a 370Z

I have a question fellas.

I'm a Hemi dude but there is something about this car that just speaks to me aesthetically

Being a muscle car guy I love torque and acceleration. How does this car perform in those areas and I hear its a modder's dream so how much would I have to spend to gain that torque?

Also I'm 6'1 is my head really going to hit the roof?

Last edited:
I have a question fellas.

I'm a Hemi dude but there is something about this car that just speaks to me aesthetically

Being a muscle car guy I love torque and acceleration. How does this car perform in those areas and I hear its a modder's dream so how much would I have to spend to gain that torque?

Also I'm 6'1 is my head really going to hit the roof?

A stock version of this car is definitely not for you. There are forced induction kits ranging anywhere from $3k - $10k. It's definitely a fun car to drive, but it's not really fast at all.

However...

Toyota 86 most likely to get more power through more displacement?

The Sydney Morning Herald has spoken to Tetsuya Tada, chief engineer of the Toyota 86 (our version of it, the Scion FR-S), and they've been promised that more power is on the way. We've heard a lot of speculation about a more powerful Toyobaru since before the standard model was even launched. The only question now is how the power will be delivered, and among the engine concepts we've already heard about – turbo, supercharger, twin-charged, hybrid – is a new one: more displacement.

Tada said that an engine with more displacement than the current coupe's 2.0 liters is being tested alongside a turbocharged and a hybrid-assisted motor. The SMH cites "inside sources" as saying the displacement option is the one likely to get the go-ahead, and suggests increased bore and stroke will see the engine grow to 2.5 liters, horsepower to about 250 – a 50-hp increase over the present car.

While that's apparently the betting man's solution for the long-awaited increase in gumption, what happens with the next generation could be more wide open than we suspected. According to the report, Tada "hinted that [a successor] could be a radically different car, potentially dropping the boxer engine altogether." He said once they've sorted out the concept for the second generation car, then they'll sort out an engine. That's where a turbo option could come to market, perhaps the turbocharged four-cylinder Toyota is developing for the Lexus NX crossover or a hybrid system that uses a capacitor.

This leaves us wondering what, if anything, will happen with the (presumed) next generation of the Subaru BRZ. But for now, the cavalry – more horses – is on the way for the current generation, one way or another.

Last edited:
I might be waiting for the 2.5 then. That plus a bolt-on turbo... boom.

The current 2.0 FA20 + a Greddy turbo T518Z would get me around 300hp. Problem is it's $6k for the kit plus labor and supporting mods

Been driving an FRS for about a week now, and so far, I want to sell my 04 WRX and get into a BRZ ASAP.

But I need to graduate and make that money first. First world problems, by far one of the funnest cars I've driven though.

Looking to go out and get rid of my TC and get into a BRZ or an FRS. Any owners in here want to share their opinions after having their cars for a while?

Back
Top Bottom