*~*~2012 XXL Freshman List (Initial List Out)*~*~

Don trip and kirko

pimp.gif

Also Dom and LE$ deserve a nod

Aight...

Yeah Kirko Bangz should be on that last slot without a doubt. Why? Cuz he had TWO singles that were radio hits. "What Yo Name Iz" & "Drank In My Cup" I cant say the same for anyone else on this list. Plus the joints are bangers so why not. Dude been putting in work.

Machine Gun Kelly...Another dude that has been grinding all year and building his fanbase. Plus he has his region on lock. Chip The Ripper who?

Dom is probably already solidified for the cover or declined (He is one of the very few up and comers who can decline)

Stalley. Nothing but going hard with visuals and music this year and signed to MMG.

ASAP Rocky...is there really much to say

Casey Veggies...Might be my most hated young up and comer of all time and I am dead serious but he put in WORK this year (with money behind him or no money I dont give a damn) he was on his grind and all over the place.

Future...self explanatory plus he is from the south and him and 2Chainz got down there on lock. Alley Boy?
laugh.gif

Neako...grinding

Phil Ade...He is buzzing outta DC. deserves his slot

Emilio Rojas...started off hot then cooled off but he should get a slot
Iggy Azalea...straight off buzz and her looks 
pimp.gif
plus I rather her then that Kreashawyn chick

Notable mentions off the grind this year alone and might make it next year:

LOS : he is like a wildcard in all of this. I saw him on MTV and his tape's were pretty dope. Lyrically he is crazy.

The Boy Illinois: NT's own and my one of my favorite's. Dude was all over the place this year from MTV to local buzz.

Kid Ink: DJ Ill will been pushing the hell outta him and he is starting to buzz

Smoke DZA: I thought they didnt put him last year cuz another Cinematic artist was there. Might be one of the others locked in already.

Its others like Marcus Manchild and Mann that I have heard about but only heard some verses and songs.... 

i voted for smoke dza rolling stoned was a good album
i think asap dope and would like to see the mob more of a brand name
neako i think will make it mainstream (heard hes a Taylor....true?!?)
chevy is ok but i feel he tries to be like wiz
alley boy........
hopson dude who was playin with the pans in the kitchen?
future gonna do him regardless
and the white girls are up there just cause imo can anyone say that these young ladies really contribute to hip hop?

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Watch French &/or Red Cafe be on here. Nigs old as hell

Originally Posted by jretro23

no the boy illinois, no care.

This. But give it another 2-3 years or so
pimp.gif

& Dom declined for being over looked, the f*ck.

Besides NT & Californians, who the hell knew who he was
laugh.gif

*Disclaimer* Not a diss, I've DLed & enjoyed all of his music.
2-3 yrs? HA 

Not saying this is the definitive list, but at the beginning of Feb I had mentioned on twitter that these people all happened to be in NYC the same day or two: Schoolboy Q, Macklemore, Iggy Azalea, Future, Machine Gun Kelly, 2 Chainz, Don Trip, Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky, and Action Bronson.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Action Bronson
A$AP Rocky
Chevy Woods
Chip tha Ripper
Don Trip
Earl Sweatshirt
Emilio Rojas
Hopsin
Iggy Azalea
Jon Connor
Laws
Machine Gun Kelly
Neako
ScHoolboy Q
Smoke DZA
Stalley
The Kid Daytona
XV
^^^^I mess with these people

I'm only following these two
Stalley
John Connor
I only mess with schoolboy Q when kendricks involved < Ab-soul is better then Q IMO

It's always funny seeing people that have been putting in work for years and they call them freshman.

My 10...
A$AP Rocky
Black Cobain
Casey Veggies
Kirko Bangz
Machine Gun Kelly
Roscoe Dash
ScHoolboy Q
Smoke DZA
Stalley
STS
Originally Posted by Peep Game

*@&# Kreayshawn and V-Nasty. Straight cancer to rap. Maybe even aids.
laugh.gif
wylin

Originally Posted by JD161616

Not saying this is the definitive list, but at the beginning of Feb I had mentioned on twitter that these people all happened to be in NYC the same day or two: Schoolboy Q, Macklemore, Iggy Azalea, Future, Machine Gun Kelly, 2 Chainz, Don Trip, Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky, and Action Bronson.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Casey Veggies was out there too

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

I think ASAP Rocky turned it down
If this is true 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is above these people listed i think.
I know everyone on the list has been "grindin" for a while....but danny brown has been around a while with a small but decent underground base.  Since like 2008ish? (correct me if im wrong) Detriot State of Mind.  He isn't a freshman at all.

Originally Posted by yungdeadmike

Originally Posted by badjustin

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Schoolboy Q is the only one I listen to

this and rocky

Q has one of the hardest verses I herd in a minute on that live love asap tape.

THIS. and I hope Earl makes it. If he really is back stateside then this could be a good way to get his buzz going again. Cut all that OF stuff and work on harnessing that talent. I can't believe Los is on there too. I've been a fan since he killed "a millie" harder than anyone. Hopefully he makes it too

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Action Bronson
A$AP Rocky
Chevy Woods
Chip tha Ripper
Don Trip
Earl Sweatshirt
Emilio Rojas
Hopsin
Iggy Azalea
Jon Connor
Laws
Machine Gun Kelly
Neako
ScHoolboy Q
Smoke DZA
Stalley
The Kid Daytona
XV
^^^^I mess with these people

I'm only following these two
Stalley
John Connor
I only mess with schoolboy Q when kendricks involved < Ab-soul is better then Q IMO

It's always funny seeing people that have been putting in work for years and they call them freshman.
I like this list just need to add Los

Back
Top Bottom