2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
magic lost in the 1st round twice
lost in the semifinals once
lost in the conference finals once
lost in the finals 3 times, two of them being sweeped.

his first 2 teams that won championships where when the league was smaller so they had to play 3 teams to win it all for what that's worth. also played with kareem, and james worthy among some other very good players. no one ever questions his "legacy" though. revisionist history is funny that way

:nerd: :nerd:

It's just weird to me that people have no problems calling Magic an all-time great and he lost 4 Finals but Lebron is the ultimate failure for losing 3.

Again who he lost to and how he lost those were totally different.

do you really think people weren't giving lebron **** for losing that series? talk about short term memory :rofl:

I think you missed the point kiddo. He did get crap in 2011. However some people convientely tried to downplay what happened in 2011 but want to give wade and bosh all this crap this year.

You think a dude like uncharted drake or
xta lebrons 6 imaginary rigs palati was able to man up and be like "damn my guy crapped the bed in this series, hopefully he does better next time"

All I'm trying to say is if your a lebron fan and your blaming bosh and wade for this finals loss that's totally fine, I just hope you were able to put all biasedness aside and gave your boy lebron the same blame in 2011 when it was warranted.

i didn't miss the point. i do think even the biggest lebron fans will admit he didn't play that well in that series. it's kind of hard to argue otherwise. obviously there's gonna be some outliers, but i usually ignore those guys anyways

magic lost in the 1st round twice
lost in the semifinals once
lost in the conference finals once
lost in the finals 3 times, two of them being sweeped.

his first 2 teams that won championships where when the league was smaller so they had to play 3 teams to win it all for what that's worth. also played with kareem, and james worthy among some other very good players. no one ever questions his "legacy" though. revisionist history is funny that way

From what I've heard from older heads, he got crap in the 80's when they lost back to back to Philly and Boston.

89 he only played part of that finals before getting hurt and they were coming off back to back titles. Byron Scott missed that series as well.

91 they were overmatched. Worthy got hurt and missed games 4 and 5. They most likely still lose that.

In Magic's defense, those two later losses came after the 5 titles. The first round loss to Houston in 96 sucked but he wasn't the same guy when he came back.

Not making excuses. Just pointing out how some of it played out.

Let the technology, messageboards, Facebook, twitter, comment section on espn articles and what have you be out in the 80's and I'm sure everyone's favorite guys from that time period would be critiqued on a similar level. The lack of Internet and technology we have today allowed the scrutiny back then to be kept under control somewhat.

When lebrons career is over though, people will moreso appreciate the great player he was rather then nitpick at his shortcomings like they do now. Happens with almost every great.

Magic won 5 rings and he has a winning record in the NBA Finals

He also doesnt have memorable bad performances in the NBA Finals

Lebron has had bad performances in like half of his NBA Finals games and has a losing record

Historically great teams universally recognized, the 4-4-4 Sixers, bad boy Pistons, Jordan's Bulls, Larry's Celtics vs the Mavs and this year's Spurs who despite having an All time great finals probably won't be viewed in that same vein. Add in his 2011 finals performance was all time meltdown and forgive me if his empty stat padding this series doesn't give him a pass for being ghost at inopportune moments.

Magic got swept twice but his team was at least competitivein those series, the Heat got a beatdown of epic proportions. Yes I know the tragic magic game 7 happened but for the majority of those finals runs, Magic was great it's crazy they went to 9 finals in a 11 year period.

Nah Ive seen Lebron Stans try to put Lebron in the same sentence as Jordan plenty of times

Just like guys tried to put Kobe in the same sentence as Jordan til it became painfully obvious he wasn't
Nah Ive seen Lebron Stans try to put Lebron in the same sentence as Jordan plenty of times

Just like guys tried to put Kobe in the same sentence as Jordan til it became painfully obvious he wasn't

It's just weird to me that people have no problems calling Magic an all-time great and he lost 4 Finals but Lebron is the ultimate failure for losing 3.

[quote="Mister Friendly, post: 20913180"]Nah Ive seen Lebron Stans try to put Lebron in the same sentence as Jordan plenty of times

Just like guys tried to put Kobe in the same sentence as Jordan til it became painfully obvious he wasn't[/quote]

[quote="SneakerPro, post: 20913377"]It's just weird to me that people have no problems calling Magic an all-time great and he lost 4 Finals but Lebron is the ultimate failure for losing 3.[/quote]

this is a powerful quote from MJ, shocked of people he would say this.View media item 1030344

Think why stars today (KB/LBJ) has to deal with after Jordan vs Magic and company was pre Jordan (why they didn't get judge or seen as failing losing a finals). Everything after Jordan is compared to him.

Never understood NT's infatuation with T-Mac :lol:

Same dudes going at CP3's neck for not getting out of the second round are the same one's praising a guy who couldn't get out of the first :lol:

Never understood NT's infatuation with T-Mac :lol:

Same dudes going at CP3's neck for not getting out of the second round are the same one's praising a guy who couldn't get out of the first :lol:

He's a NT folk hero like Penny.

The Spurs are an all-time great team and it's absurd to argue otherwise.

All time great finals yes. Domination in terms of their playoff run in totality, no.

The 2011 Mavs had a more dominant run than pretty much every team you listed.

Swept the two time defending champs then beat the team that won the next two when they were fresh 3 straight and 4-2 overall. Took the MVP out 4-1 as well.

Lost 5 games total :smokin

:lol:

Last edited:
Magic won 5 rings and he has a winning record in the NBA Finals

He also doesnt have memorable bad performances in the NBA Finals

Lebron has had bad performances in like half of his NBA Finals games and has a losing record

You guys really think that LeBron performed "badly".?
The Spurs were just a better team. A much better team that peaked. There is nothing more he could have done.
Doesn't mean he played bad, the other Team was better, give it up, don't hate LeBron because of it.

The 2014 Spurs and the 2011 Mavericks were not historically great teams

The 2014 Spurs had a bad losing record against the top teams

The 2011 Mavericks were only a 3rd seed

And I can't believe people are still saying that the Spurs only dominated in the Finals.
Like they didn't watch every series after the Dallas series.
They smashed everyone. Including OKC

The 2014 Spurs and the 2011 Mavericks were not historically great teams

The 2014 Spurs had a bad losing record against the top teams

The 2011 Mavericks were only a 3rd seed

The 2011 Dallas Mavericks had a 67 win winning percentage in games Dirk Nowitkzi played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom