2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic won 5 rings and he has a winning record in the NBA Finals

He also doesnt have memorable bad performances in the NBA Finals

Lebron has had bad performances in like half of his NBA Finals games and has a losing record

You guys really think that LeBron performed "badly".?
The Spurs were just a better team. A much better team that peaked. There is nothing more he could have done.
Doesn't mean he played bad, the other Team was better, give it up, don't hate LeBron because of it.

I was talking about all hs NBA Finals games to date, Lebron has a 11-16 record in them

He was bad in the 2007,2011 and for 4 games in 2013

Last edited:
The 2011 Mavs had a more dominant run than pretty much every team you listed.

Swept the two time defending champs then beat the team that won the next two when they were fresh 3 straight and 4-2 overall. Took the MVP out 4-1 as well.

Lost 5 games total :smokin

:lol:

83 Sixers lost 1 game in the entire playoffs.
84 Celtics lost 5 games in total in route to the Finals
89 Pistons lost 2 games in route to the finals including two sweeps and swept the Lakers in the finals
91 Bulls lost 1 game in route to the finals including 2 sweeps and gentleman swept the Lakers.

Not even going into the countless HOFers who were in their prime on those teams, it's not even close.

Last edited:
The 2014 Spurs and the 2011 Mavericks were not historically great teams

The 2014 Spurs had a bad losing record against the top teams

The 2011 Mavericks were only a 3rd seed

Isn't a "bad losing record against the top teams" a positive thing.

Sorry poor English, I meant they had a bad record vs the top teams in 2014

OKC had a lot to do with that. They swept Spurs in the reg season. But again I mean, a bad record vs the top teams isn't a bad thing. A bad record vs bad teams is, like Thunder did. They lost to a lot of turble teams, and teams set records on them all year. Thunder could be up 25 pts against the worst team, and lose. Not Spurs, they only lost to Top Competition

Last edited:
Mentioning the competition Jordan and Magic ie anybody from that era played against and stating that they had to play against HOFers is dumb, because it isn't even possible for Lebron ie anyone playing currently to play against HOFers. Why bring it up?

As hard as you go for mda and you got the nerve to talk? Shut up :lol:

Here I'll come to your defense.

In defense of lemon, the Lakers at that point were playing well and Dantoni's system fit the roster well. There was also the happiness of Kobe returning soon around that time. Other than the crazy Spurs comment, the team did look like it could have fought for a playoff spot. They actually had a really close game with the Spurs at that point of the season too. Held this high ower offense to like 90 points or something haha. Then injuries hit them ridiculously hard and it fell apart.

Last edited:

dude, they won 62 freakin games

lost 20 times

idk what your saying but stop it

62 games and they destroyed the Heat in the finals.

they sucked

Mentioning the competition Jordan and Magic ie anybody from that era played against and stating that they had to play against HOFers is dumb, because it isn't even possible for Lebron ie anyone playing currently to play against HOFers. Why bring it up?

What are you talking about? TD and Dirk are locks for the HOF, Manu and TP are probably in too, Kidd is in as well but he clearly was past his prime in Dallas.

Magic went up against these dudes at their best or at least near their peaks.

The 2011 Mavs had a more dominant run than pretty much every team you listed.

Swept the two time defending champs then beat the team that won the next two when they were fresh 3 straight and 4-2 overall. Took the MVP out 4-1 as well.

Lost 5 games total :smokin

:lol:

I don't like the team but the 2011 mavs were a very underrated group. They erased that whole underachieving mavs stigma from that 2nd round on.

I remember after they blew that huge lead to Portland thinking same ol mavs.

I remember thinking after the spurs got put out that all the lakers had to worry about was okc to get back to the finals (despite the warning signs there when a fatigue laker team playing on empty struggled against the hornets) the mavs violated them, showed signs of being clutch against okc, and got the job done against Miami.

They sort of get forgotten about because their sandwiched inbetween two teams that won back to back titles but their an underrated team. I wonder what they could've done if most of that team stayed together the following season.

dude, they won 62 freakin games

lost 20 times

idk what your saying but stop it

62 games and they destroyed the Heat in the finals.

they sucked

Thanks for clearing that up with the 62-20. Spurs just mopped everyone (ex Dallas) and dudes still like "meh"

The Spurs are an all-time great team and it's absurd to argue otherwise.

All time great finals yes. Domination in terms of their playoff run in totality, no.

Actually their point differential throughout their whole playoff run is one of the highest of all time.

Correction, THE highest.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...l=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=diff_pts

After putting up the best record, highest point differential, and narrowly missing out on being top 5 on both ends of the court in the regular season despite sometimes sitting out all three of Duncan, Parker, and Manu.

This downplaying of the Spurs is silly. They've done more than enough to earn their place in history.

Here I'll come to your defense.

In defense of lemon, the Lakers at that point were playing well and Dantoni's system fit the roster well. There was also the happiness of Kobe returning soon around that time. Other than the crazy Spurs comment, the team did look like it could have fought for a playoff spot. They actually had a really close game with the Spurs at that point of the season too. Held this high ower offense to like 90 points or something haha. Then injuries hit them ridiculously hard and it fell apart.

lemon :lol: :smh:

What are you talking about? TD and Dirk are locks for the HOF, Manu and TP are probably in too, Kidd is in as well but he clearly was past his prime in Dallas.

Magic went up against these dudes at their best or at least near their peaks.

Exactly my point. Their are many HOFers currently playing, but they aren't HOFers yet, so to say Magic or Jordan or anybody from that era were better "because they played against HOFers" IS STUPID

Every team the Spurs beat this Post a season has future HOFers on them. Several, in their prime at their peak, just like Magic and Jordan or any era of any time in the NBA, that point should never be brought up to make a point on who played against "the better" competition. NEVER

Last edited:
It's a fact when taking nto account the competition for both LBJ and Magic and was in direct response to a question asked but guess that went over your head. You still believe the Spurs washed OKC so ummm... yeah.

Dirk is in his prime now? Lillard? KD maybe, Russ maybe, Wade is clearly washed. But I'm sleep.

Last edited:
Amazing how spurs had the best record in the league and had one of the best finals performancs of all time. Excellent basketball.

All time great finals yes. Domination in terms of their playoff run in totality, no.
Spurs have been a playoff and finals contender for the last 17 seasons. Pretty damn dominant to me. I'd love for my team to always go confidently into the playoffs and do so winning at least 50 games in the regular season.

Actually their point differential throughout their whole playoff run is one of the highest of all time.

Correction, THE highest.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...l=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=diff_pts

After putting up the best record, highest point differential, and narrowly missing out on being top 5 on both ends of the court in the regular season despite sometimes sitting out all three of Duncan, Parker, and Manu.

This downplaying of the Spurs is silly. They've done more than enough to earn their place in history.

Repped JD

I rooted against the Spurs (except in my bracket) in every round of the Playoffs. Thought everyone would knock them off.

You know what, I was wrong.
You know what, I'm giving it up, they're GREAT.
I'm not going to hate when it's all said and done, respecting that run 100%

I'll say it again. This was one of the greatest teams in the past 20 years.

Kobe and Jordan never faced a team this good in the Finals.

The Spurs had a great season this year, I'm a Spurs fan but this team in the future isn't going to be talked about as All time great level type of team

Do realize the teams MambaMVP llisted are recognized as All time great teams with all time great players in their prime

The 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavericks don't really fit that criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom