2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll give in to Joe Johnson even though I feel he's more in shape than actually muscular but disagree with Spencer Hawes. No sarcasm, you got it with Joe Johnson.

I still stand by the fact that the more muscular, bulky you get it is harder to shoot the ball based on the motions that you go through in shooting the ball. The best shooters of all time are all skinny or just in shape, muscles get in the way of fluidity and the un-interrupted motion that you need to consistently hit shots. 

Not sure if the dude who made the Lebron shoots better than Melo comment was trollin or not. It's fairly obvious Melo is the better shooter.

Bruh to relate body type and make up to shooting is asinine. Srs :lol: it has nothing to do with it.

PJ Tucker shot it at over 39% from the 3 this year. He sure as hell is closer to muscular then skinny.

Ryan Anderson shot over 40% from deep. While he isn't "muscular," he definitely isn't "thin" or skinny.

Anthony Tolliver was a top 20 3 point shooter this year. He isn't thin or skinny at all.

OJ Mayo shot it at over 40 from deep last year. He isn't skinny or thin at all.

Is Mirza Teletovic from BKN a thin or small / skinny guy? He shot it good from deep this year.

I dont consider PJ or OJ a shooter. The rest need to be bulky because they're big men. I think he meant pure shooters.

I dont consider PJ or OJ a shooter. The rest need to be bulky because they're big men. I think he meant pure shooters.

That isn't the point though. He said all of the best shooters are skinny, thin, etc. literally that quick little list I compiled proves that good / great shooters don't have to be thin / skinny

Even though he is really short, Isaiah Thomas is pretty ripped and he is a very good shooter. I know for a while he was at a higher 3pt% than Curry this year.  Not sure if it ended that way or not

That isn't the point though. He said all of the best shooters are skinny, thin, etc. literally that quick little list I compiled proves that good / great shooters don't have to be thin / skinny

I guess. But none of the guys you posted are anywhere near the best shooters.

640x640.jpeg.2ca54620c6a50131a41e22000b2204cd.large

Thought it was funny

Stroke is less fluid for pumped dudes. Anecdotally, I shot better at 150 than I did at 165.

Its a stupid argument anyway. I understand what he's saying, but still dumb to argue over.

Lets enjoy the game guys :lol:

He's actually kinda right. I dunno if its a "fact" though :lol:

It's not guaranteed but for the most part he's right, skinny guys are usually better shooters.

Once u add the word fact that's when it's a problem because there will always be a few guys who are the exception to the rule.

Idk whats worse the new Direct TV commercial or that Michael Jackson one

Last edited:

Your logic is so IGN man......

body type has nothing to do with shooting. Look at Dennis Scott.....
How is my logic IGN? It's based on what I see and stats. Yeah, stating that it's a fact was very hyperbolic and I apologize for that but I still stand by this statement; the less bulky you are, the better shooter you are because muscles get in the way of a good shot. 

Reggie Miller, Dirk Nowitzki, Larry Bird, Stephen Curry, Kyle Korver, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, Allan Houston, Peja Stojakovic, Tim Legler, Glen Rice, Steve Kerr, Paul Pierce, etc. 

Sorry to derail the thread though. Back to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom