2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
All NBA teams really aren't predicated on Team success tho, there is no way Love, Dragic, Al Jefferson should be on that list before Melo.

How do you average, 27 8 & 3, play the best defensive year of your life & still not get a nod, Melo had a better year tah Paul George while we are on the topic.

And even thought you can't see him, the Admiral is there...
30-david-robinson-photobobmed-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

hate these memes tbh

Steph is just my favorite player and I don't like Harden that's really my only reasoning for why I said that :lol: :lol: you're honestly right and i knew it when I typed it :lol:

While Steph shouldn't "clearly" be picked, I'm still picking him over Harden.

Both suck at defense and Curry is better on offense it's that simple.

No way Wardell gets picked over Paul though, if Curry was half the defender CP3 is then maybe but he isn't. If I remember correctly there's two sides to basketball right?

When will the CP3 slander end? That's my point guard man...
Its not slander.  Its the truth.  He did not deserve the accolade that he was just given.  Period.

And based on your history of posting, you would agree with everyone else if CP was on a different team.

Chris Paul deserved NBA first team, a lot of y'all either have no idea what you're talking about or are Chris Paul haters, which are both equally disturbing.

Dudes are talkin Steph like he Had a CLEAR advantage over CP3 talkin bout oh well CP3 had Player X on his team & in the same breath say melo should have been left off the team because of a knicks roster who's second best player was J.R smith (on a BAD year)

No way Wardell gets picked over Paul though, if Curry was half the defender CP3 is then maybe but he isn't. If I remember correctly there's two sides to basketball right?

Well according to the stats this year Steph was at least as good if not better.

Defensive rating: Estimation of points allowed per 100 possessions; Steph- 104, CP0- 103
Defensive win shares: Estimated number of wins contributed by a player due to his defense; Steph- 4.0, CP0- 3.2

Or are we back to just using steals as the definition of how good a player is defensively. Cause CP0 was for damn sure getting cooked by the other elite PGs just as Steph was.

Last edited:

Defensive rating: Estimation of points allowed per 100 possessions; Steph- 104, CP0- 103
Defensive win shares: Estimated number of wins contributed by a player due to his defense; Steph- 4.0, CP0- 3.2

Or are we back to just using steals as the definition of how good a player is defensively.

Or are we going to include that Paul guarded the best guard on every team while they hid Curry on the worst perimeter player every game because he's terrible on ball?

The fact that Paul missed 20 games yet has almost the same amount of win shares isn't a stat that helps your argument either, but you're one of those dudes that calls him that lame *** "cp0" thing so it's kinda hard to take you seriously.

Has nothing to do with steals, try again.

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is, the NBA has to be the only sports league in the world where you can miss 1/4th of the season and be 1st team and All-Defensive Team.

*drops mic*

Or are we back to just using steals as the definition of how good a player is defensively. Cause CP0 was for damn sure getting cooked by the other elite PGs just as Steph was.
For defensive rating, lower is better. And obviously Steph is gonna have more defensive win shares when he played almost 700 more minutes. You're citing stats that you don't have a great grasp of because that doesn't show that Steph is a better defender than Chris. And defensive rating & defensive win shares are only a small piece of the puzzle.

All I have been saying is that he missed a quarter of the season and that should rule him out. Its too many games.

About this CP is the new kobe BS. Kobe earned every single one of those all-nba 1st team honors he received. Jump off a bridge if u think otherwise.

Now, those 1st team all-defensive honors he was racking up the last several years, no defending that lol

Or are we going to include that Paul guarded the best guard on every team while they his Curry on the worst perimeter player every game because he's terrible on ball?

The fact that Paul missed 20 games yet has almost the same amount of win shares isn't a stay that helps your argument either, but you're one of those dudes that calls him that lame *** "cp0" thing so it's kinda hard to take you seriously.

Has nothing to do with steals, try again.

That win share metric takes into the account the amount of games he was in, not the ones he missed. Since he's been with the Clips 2.3 (2012), 3.4 (2013), 3.2 (2014) and defensive ratings of 104 (2012), 102 (2013), 103 (2014). CP3 is really at that Kobe level in terms of his defense like C Chester McFloppy said, it's been overrated because of the steal numbers. He was between 4.5 and 5.0 in win shares during his time in New Orleans for the majority.

Wardell on the other hand has improved on defense every year he's been in the league going from defensive win shares of 0.4 (2012), 2.8 (2013), 4.0 (2013) and defensive ratings of 108 (2012), 107 (2013), 104 (2014).

JD617 JD617 I have a grasp of what the stat means, awwsome awwsome saying Steph isn't half the defender when the numbers tell another story.

Last edited:
You guys are probably putting way more thought into this than the people who voted for them.

Hell the guy that voted David Lee for the Defensive team said no way he did that, and if he did, he hit the wrong button :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom